Husqvarna TS 300 Series

TS 342, TS 348, TC 342, TS 352

10 questions from our users

Willem V.asked

TC 342

is the husqvarna TC342 construction equal to the TS 342? Cutting deck, wheel size or is it a DIFFERENT machine.?
Looking forward to your explanation WVB

Sorry not sure

Willem V.

Thank you for your explanation. It is clear that you have no knowledge about husqvarna machinery .
Regards WVB

Willem V.asked

TC 342

We are not the only ones having blockage problems with the TS 342 as this machine is NOT suitable for
Even slightly damp or highish grass as the cutting deck cant handle this as the exhaust is TOO small and keeps blocking up when the shute is still empty. I am still using my 11 year old Viking at 750 hrs and
NEVER blocks!! Looking forward to your reply. Regards WVB

Taylor

I have always lifted the Shute right up when mowing particularly high or wet grass and haven’t had a problem. If the grass is really high and wet (above 30cm) then I mow it on its highest setting first and if necessary go over it on a lower setting

I always start of mowing with grass 9cm on the highest stand. You mention
30cm. but i am using it on NINE CM grass and blocks after 5 min. you must be using a different deck! Have used it
29 hrs and returned it to the shop as
unsatisfactory. The Husq is a high quality mower however if the designers
care to copy the Viking shute they will
apperciate the difference. regards WVB

Dennis K.

Dennis K.asked

TS 348

I have to have slight pressure on the forward motion pedal when engaging the mower deck drive, which causes the mower to begin moving at the same time. If not the mower stalls and have to restart. Is this an adjustment issue or???????????

BRAD S.

BRAD S.asked

TS 348

Why does my brand new $3K ''TS348D'' with the 48'' clear-cut fab deck leave a strip of hardly-cut grass right down the center? The deck was adjusted to the "T"per the manuf.,and double checked by myself.No upside down blade,either-I'm not an idiot so don't even try.Will someone even remotely admit a poor deck design ?

G’day Brad ,
From what I found out from our husky mechanic , it s in the adjustment of the deck....needs to be on level surface with just a tad of lift at the front of the deck so as to create a vacuum to the grass. Revs need to be flat knacker. You ll also notice a roller at the front that has a bolt and 2 adjustment nuts. It is not the best design , however , with some trail and error , I have mine pretty close. Also if the grass is wet or quiet long , you may have to go over it again. Grab a set of mulching blades. Since I changed to those , the cut has improved. I think they are called Gator . There is a bit on YouTube .....swapping to Gator blades on my Husqvana Nov 20. 2016. One thing to be wary of....if you do install the Mulching blades. Checkthat there is clearance between the 2 blades where they meet. I had to shave of a bit on the blades... not much though. If you are unsure....Consult your Husqvana dealer or a licensed Mechanic at a Reputable Mower Shop. I think it is a poor deck design.

Hope this helps

1017  road

1017 roadasked

TS 342

ts342 cutter belts-original replaced-at my cost- after 13 hrs -broke today 23 hrs so far-new cost $55 -cost me $5/hr so far to mow anyone else having this problem --apart from this problem no worries so far

GM8GM

GM8GMasked

TC 342

Is the TC342 a two or four wheel drive?

Kevinasked

TS 348

Considering a purchase of a 348.
We have 2 acres and a dressage arena. Wanting to tow a grader over the arena.
Yes or no and what speed does the 348 do.?
Thanks for any advice

Barnzy
Barnzy

Hi Kevin, I have long since rid myself of that machine. I cannot give you an exact speed, but it is pretty slow and has very little torque for towing. Essentially its a toy and will last if treated as such. I have recently purchased a 22 year old Iseki SG17, probably sounds crazy to you, but I can honestly say its the best investment I have made in a long time, it's absolutely bullet proof and tows my heavy car trailer with ease. Alternately my neighbour has recently purchased an 18 year old Husqvarna, I am unsure of the model, but he uses it primarily for towing and says the same thing....the older models were better. Hope this helps.Cheers.

Kevin

Thanks for all the info. Need to reconsider

Jasasked

TC 342

I have recently purchased the TC342. I am very happy with the cut & the pick up of the bagger. My only criticism & it's a major one is the DUST the bagged throws out. The back of my shirt is black when I finish mowing. Now I know it is dry here in Brisbane at the moment but I have a good lawn & I have been putting sprinklers on it. I have a 1acre yard. I fi d it reduces the dust a little if I mow when the grass still has the morning dew on it.
I have to question whether this mower is really suited to the climate here in Brisbane. Would appreciate any advice.
Regards, Norm

Emperor Zurg

Hi Norm , I think the dry spell we are all experiencing will have most of us breathing a bit more dust than usual. I'm finding I have to clean my air filter on a more regular basis too.
Maybe try cutting the lawn without using the bagger, this will then at least tell u if the bagging system is kicking up more dust than the mower normally would . If the bagger is kicking up more dust you could place some foam ( make shift filter) over the vents on the bagging unit To help filter the dust a bit more . Hope this helps .

Jas

Will give that a try. Does my modelTC342 need a special attachment to use the mulching feature?
Regards Norm

Robasked

TS 342

Had my TS 342 for 7 months and happy with the mowing quality and general features. Seat fabric has cracked on two seats, first replaced after 3 months and second, replaced on warranty, cracked after 6 weeks. Dealer says its the way im sitting on it. I need to step up onto foot plates and sit down squarely without working the seat upholstery in a damaging fashion. Has anyo ee else had this problem? Is it just me? Or is that response from the dealer as bizarre as it sounds???

J.T.
J.T.

I always step up then sit on it.
I never shift into the seat sideways. You find the seat itself is quite flimsy, wobbly. I wonder if it is meant to be like that or just bad design.

Rob

Hi JT, thats what the dealer said, step up onto the foot plates then sit down. I have a walking issue so it means stepping up and sitting down is not so easy so i tend to put one foot up and slide onto the seat but not heavily because i can lift up with the grab bar. I'm thinking its a fault with the seat material because for crying out loud, it shouldn't matter how you put your bum on a seat on a tractorr/mower. They are work horses that should be designed for a little hard use. Even the new seat material looked brittle and ready to crack. The owner of the dealership originally said it was to do with toxic fumes in the garage corroding the plastic. Then his mechanic came up with the aforementioned pearler. Everything else seems to be lasting ok buts its only been 60 hours. I think they are built, designed and costed with the backyard user in mind. We have a small 5 acre holding with lots of mowing. Maybe should have spent the dollars and gone for a commercial grade qnd not husquvana.

Emperor Zurg

hi rob , sorry to hear about your seat issues . I've had the ts352 for over 12 months now and my seat is showing no signs of cracking or wear . It's done Approx 120 hours and I weigh approx 92kg. I've jumped all over this machine and the kids and dog have too. Essentially , the damage itself on the seat ,if you look at it from a forensic perspective ,should tell you plenty about the cause of it - location of cracking / damage , appearance of vinyl, is vinyl sun worn or chemical worn ,is it a cheap inferior product, is seat sitting level? , do u use cleaning products on seat ? What do they contain ? Your weight ? Is seat mounted correctly from factory? Just a few things to ponder . On another note, 5 acres for this machine is quite a big ask . If you can go a commercial machine though I guarantee you'll never wipe the smile off your face as you breeze through 5 acres in no time .
Happy mowing

Fallow Hunter

Fallow Hunterasked

TC 342

My new husqvarna tc342 started first time and worked well. The first time out. Now tonight I went to start it ..it's wouldn't start . I put in the code and it stayed a sold blue never went green . I must habe tried this 20 times at least before it went green and started..cut the grass and turned off mower. Went to start again and the same story. .I just gave up and pushed it back in to the shed. And ideas why this is happening

Lorayne Roberson
Lorayne Roberson

Your start switch could be faulty, tell the local dealer they can replace it under warranty. Do it before your warrenty expires.

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives