3Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

92% · 1084 · 3%

Ken Nicholls
Ken NichollsCentral Queensland, QLD

Fit for purpose

The old hot water system died and had to be replaced and moved to the outside. The unit has been reliable and has been saving us money on the Electricity bill. We have 2 people normally and up to 8 with visitors - no problem with temp so far. Show details ·  1
NF from Brissy
NF from Brissy

Reliable, efficient

No issues with function or efficiency.
Water pressure can sometimes be swamped by the cold pressure that makes the mix a challenge at the shower head.
Our unit is outside and, after rain, there is standing water on the top. There would be some advantages of having a sloping top to address this. Show details ·  1
Chris Doig
Chris DoigCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Efficient and effective if a bit noisy

The unit has worked very well for the past five months in both hot and very cold conditions - down to zero deg. Our only reservation is that if all else inside and outside is quiet, the unit is a more audible than we expected. Show details ·  1
Helen Hurwood
Helen HurwoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still getting use to it

Not sure of the benefits of daytime heating with 8 solar panels in the Victorian winter! Also with occasional high demand and how to adjust things if it's not on automatic. Show details ·  1
Judi R.
Judi R.South East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Great on power use. Perhaps a bit too hot if anything

I am finding a little noisy at night now. The weather is colder overnight and running is much longer. Water temperature is constant perhaps a bit too hot for me. Overall I am happy with the system and the extra warranty is good. I would recommend a hydrotherm to my friends as I am happy with with it. Show details ·  1
Drew
Drew3 posts
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Ability to schedule heating periods is unique

The ability to program when the system heats is great. We don't need 60 degrees 24/7 just morning and evening so I only have it on from about 3-7 morning and night.
It is a bit louder than our previous heat pump. Not a problem for us but if we had a close neighbor it could be an issue.

Love the extra warranty which is better than any other system I could find.

Overall very happy. Show details ·  1

Andrea Cally
Andrea CallyNorthern Region, NSW

great product

Quite good and uses very little power, great to combine with Solar system for reduction of your bills.

Would recommend this product to those that are looking for an energy efficient system. Show details ·  1

Bill Doyle
Bill DoyleSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Best thing ever, saves a fortune in heating bills. Excellent service too. Highly recommended

Had one of these fitted at my own house several years ago. It saves so much money. I decided to install one in the rental too. Still the same excellent service. Very pleased with the product and the results. Show details
Andrew N.
Andrew N.

Hydrotherm heat pump HW systems - Gold Coast

The service provided by this company is first rate. We have a unit installed in Chapel Hill Brisbane Our low temp alarm failed and the company had someone out to fix it and do a full service the very next morning. The HP has been superb and enables us to maximise our solar FIT. Definitely a no brainer if you are retrofitting a house replacing a conventional HWC. Show details
Frank Yarsley
Frank YarsleySouth East Queensland, QLD
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Works effectively and suites what we needed exactly

We have not run out of hot water. It runs around 58-60 degrees most of the time. Lately, it has been cloudy (6 days straight and starting to cool down), with no negative impact. Show details
Alba Projects
Alba Projects
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

So far so good , our electricity bill has been slashed since using the hydrotherm

We have had no issues with the demand for hot water and the water is always hot even though we have it programmed to only run during the day when our solar is on. Show details
CraigStar
CraigStarSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Perfect Hot Water In Stainless

Our Hydrotherm works seamlessly behind the scene. Had the product delivered within days and installed by my local plumber. Simple instructions (with the exception of the surprise inline filter) our household was back up and running. There are four in the house, we are not big hot water users so the unit will run only when required, for us this is every second day in summer and daily in winter. The unit is quiet when in operation compared to our old heat pump. The programming instructions were clear and after some initial set up we have never run out of hot water and the unit runs in the heat of the day using less power. Top marks in our book so far. Show details ·  2
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Gentiana Mansfield
Gentiana MansfieldMid North Coast, NSW5 posts

Hydrotherm Heat Pump

We have had this heat pump for 9 months and has not missed a beat. Great value, great warranty period if it is ever needed. We had the kids/partners and grandies over Christmas and New Year and it coped easily with the added hopt water required. Would recommend to anyone in the market for a new heat pump. Show details
Hydrotherm
Hydrotherm   DM
Steve Marshall
Steve Marshall

Very nice looking system. Modern

The u it copes fine. We have at the moment 6 people living in the house, yet the hydrotherm hasn’t missed a beat. Always hot water. Silent heating. And a power bill $200 less than the previous bill. The sales and after installation assistance was A1. Would definitely recommend this.

Kaoz
KaozMargaret River5 posts
Adrian
Adrian

Great so far

So far so good! Great company to deal with. Unit works as expected with no issues to date. Timer is very helpful to maximize solar usage. I have the timer set to turn on 6:30am and off at 9pm. It generally runs a couple of hours in the morning then a few hours in the evening post showers ect. The unit is loud but from what I have researched comparatively quieter than rival brands

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Fabien Menu
Fabien MenuCOLONEL LIGHT GARDENS2 posts

So far so good!

System has been installed for about 6 months and seems to be working well so far. No issues with water heating up immediately. My first electricity bill was more than reasonable so that didn't seem to have had a massive impact from the solar panel system we had on our roof before. The unit, though imposing, looks pretty good in stainless steel.

Queens Land
Queens LandSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
Michael Mccarthy
Michael Mccarthy

Reliable & reduces power bills

The performance has been good right from the start with absolutely no issues with the supply of hot water.

Delivery & Installation was simple and done with very little fuss, follow up to ensure our satisfaction was also done.

More importantly it has reduced our power bill significantly since install.

craigs902
craigs902South East Queensland, QLD41 posts

Great system

We had an old large (30yrs) water system, so when we upgraded to solar and batteries it just made sense to fib the same thing with our hot water system. After a lot of digging around and reading other reviews we decided on the Hydrotherm unit. With the built in digital timer & temp control we’ve been able to set it during peak solar collection to heat our water. with it’s extremely low energy consumption we hardly notice it on the solar meter. Talk about a great investment. Nice 60°c hot water all the time. With 2 teenage daughters we never run out of hot water.

Paul Harding
Paul Harding
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Good product so far but installation did not leave the unit plumb

Good unit for hot water. Power usage to date is comparable with previous Dux unit. 15 year guarantee is far beyond other unit presumed due to due to stainless steel tank. However installation was not the best and the unit left out of plumb. Had to correctct myself.

Overall I recommend this unit.

Henry
Henry
  Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

A very reliable product and excellent customer service

I have this Hydrotherm unit installed for six years now and had been really happy with it until recently there were few minor faults occurred. I contacted Hydrotherm on the weekend and by Monday, Chris Farthing came and carried out a very professional overhaul of the unit. It is now up and running and perform much better than before.

Thanks Chris.

Grant
GrantSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

So far, very good

If you want to save money and not run out of hot water, it can take a little tweaking. I set mine to run during peak solar, raised the heating trigger temperature to make sure it didn't miss heating in the window allowed and I've not run out of hot water since. Definite savings on the electricity, almost halved my bill! Guess it's early days for a hot water system, but very happy so far!

Sarah
SarahSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

So great

We have it set to run along side our solar hours, and a 2 hour buffer window at night to deal with night/morning showers and dishes. Has lived up to every expectation. You get used to the noise, just as if the air conditioner was running outside. Saved us a lot of money

Alf
AlfGympie Qld 45708 posts
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Met all of my expectations

Being able to chose the 60 to 90 minutes a day it runs to supply the hot water needs of my 3 adult household and having timers on 2 freezers so they don't run at the selected timed, I am able to maximize cost saving by ensuring the solar panels I have are producing all the power needed for hot water and more to the grid.

The unit copes well with our demands which are really not high or extended.

Haven't noticed any temperature fluctuations. Water is off the roof tank with electric pump pressure.

Jeanclaude Gharib
Jeanclaude GharibSydney, NSW3 posts
  Verified Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

"AAA" Professional service. will always recommend!!!

we havent had any issues so far with both units, and I'm sure we will not have any problems in the future. We are very pleased with the product and the way it functions and it actually does the job better than we thought it would. it heats up very quickly

Robyn
Robyn6 posts

Great product

We have had no trouble with the Hydrotherm at all. In fact we have purchased two in the last couple of years for different houses. Any questions before purchase were immediately answered by the manager/owner. The hydrotherm runs efficiently in the background without us having to do anything. The settings are easy to use, and the readings show exactly how hot the water is. It also looks great. Slight noise like A/C unit which was expected. No issues at all. Thanks team.

Michael Chapman
Michael Chapman

Great Service

So far so good! After my last system packed it in I approached Hydrotherm for a Heat Pump alternative. Their price point was much better than anyone else, and the installation was quick and stress free. As I'm in real estate, service means everything to me and I cannot speak highly enough of the team...

Happy As
Happy AsRichmond-Tweed, NSW4 posts

The amazing hydrotherm

I purchased a Hydrotherm water heater and find it efficient, economical on both water and electricity, even heating, easy to install and a great looking unit. It was recommended by the company that put in our solar system and works beautifully in conjunction with it as so far no electricity charges for the heater.

Hawes Construction
Hawes Construction

Energy Efficient & Inexpensive

This is the third Hydrotherm we've purchased. We recommend them to all our clients. Easy to change the timer settings. We never run out of hot water and our power bills aren't too bad. Dealing with Dewet is an absolute pleasure. He is very efficient. Communication is excellent. Very happy customer.

Charlie, Canberra
Charlie, CanberraCanberra7 posts

Great. Free hot water

Easily copes with 2 long showers and 2 loads of washing in 1 day. We live in a cold climate (Canberra) and have had it for 6 months with a very cold winter. No problems at all. By using the inbuilt timer I've set it to heat from 1 pm to 5 pm as needed. This is when the air temperature is highest and the sun brightest, so by using the power from my solar panels it costs me nothing for hot water. Have now disconnected from gas saving me around $300 per year in connection costs alone. Win, win. Very happy.

Sil
Sil
  Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

After Sales service is of a very high standard

have owned a Hydrotherm Heat pump since late 2012 and have to say that the after sales service is the best I have experienced with any product. I have had on 2 occasions needed to call about alarm going off on the heater and they have talked me through how to reset the pump on 1st occasion and arranged for someone to come out within 3 hrs on the second occasion to look at the sensor. Only other time I needed a call out there was no charge. Kudos to Simon and rest of the staff they are very professional and provide great service

Dave B
Dave BSouth East Queensland, QLD
Steve-gee
Steve-geeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA107 posts
Bill
Bill

Works on and off

I have had to contact the installer 4 times in the last 2 years. System stops producing hot water. Panel starts to light up with all sorts of messages. Installed in July 2014. We have had to have cold showers many times. Not happy at all with the product. Very frustrating to come home and have a cold shower.

Hydrotherm
Hydrotherm   DM
Drew Holzheimer
Drew Holzheimer

Fantastic product

Have been very happy with the product after 7 months and have seen significant savings on electricity compared to the previous electric hot water system. Customer support has been fantastic and always answered any questions I had. Would highly recommend this product to anyone considering a new hot water system.

John Wightman
John Wightman

Looks good sounds industrial

Our water heater works to expectation with better flow than with an earlier model. There was an initial problem caused by a blockage in a filter - but that was sorted by the designated plumber - at our expense I seem to remember. The filter had trapped a small piece of plastic - could have originated during manufacture or when the product was unwrapped.

Show details ·  1

Garthhm
Garthhm2 posts

Excellent product

Have used it for over six months now and meets all expectations.

Very good quality product, well made and of robust design and workmanship.

Noise from compressor is no more noticeable than an air conditioner and does not run for too long to be intrusive.

I would highly recommend this product.

Howden Reiss
Howden Reiss

Good but not perfect

A good unit, however could do with greater capacity, perhaps the temperature could be set higher so that less hot water is required in the mix when showering.

We are a family of three adults and if all three shower around the same time hot water runs out.

I will look at raising the temperature, however 20% more capacity would make this unit ideal for us, I don’t see how this unit could suit a large family.

Show details ·  1

Erik Theiber
Erik Theiber

Great Product and service

When it comes to hot water systems, it's not often you would write about the look and design but in the case of Hydrotherm, that is the first thing that comes to mind. It looks apart and works a treat. The best feature is the ability to set timers which allows me to match the running time the unit to the best solar production of the day to offset the electricity cost.