5Hydrotherm Dynamic/X8

98% · 1720%

RPL
RPLSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Quiet runner

Quiet system, quick to heat up. Plumber said all the fittings that came with the unit were worth $500, he normally has to supply for other systems he fits.
Robert Hodges
Robert Hodges

Excellent Product

This unit has operated extremely efficiently since installation. Has saved us a significant amount on our gas bill (replaced a gas HWS). Flexible control panel allows us to use solar power off our roof to heat hot water with lowest cost electricity.
Meng
Meng2 posts

Good value unit with $1,000 Solar Victoria rebate

I purchased the Dynamic X8 since Aug 2022 in Melbourne SE. It was installed by Melbourne Heat Pumps – very good service and I’d recommend them. The system is running well and no issues so far.
F. K.
F. K.
  Dynamic/X8

The right choice for hot water system

Forget about water heating power consumption, set up suitable heating intervals, daytime if you have solar panels on the roof, and much more.
Bruce
BruceBrisbane17 posts
Tam Elabbasi
Tam ElabbasiBrisbane8 posts

Bloody brilliant

The company is also very reputable, changed mine under warranty with no issue. Even gave me a loan hot water tank while being replaced. Brilliant work!
Paul T.
Paul T.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Excellent, friendly service

The Hydrotherm Heat Pump unit was installed about eight years ago and it has saved us a lot of money in ongoing electricity costs, without any doubt. There have been occasions when we have had to contact Hydrotherm, for service and guidance. The staff have always been helpful, friendly and efficient in their response. Recently, a problem occured and Simon responded immediately and went over and beyond in assisting us to get our unit up and running again. Thank you very much, Simon.
Regards Paul and Michelle Thompson
Cate Robertson
Cate Robertson
  Verified Dynamic/X8

Best hot water I’ve had in years

I replaced an old solar hot water with the Dynamic X8. Best hot water I’ve had in years. Fast and consistent delivery. Highly recommended.
Kara
KaraSydney5 posts
  Verified Dynamic/X8

It's been rock solid, quietly and efficiently producing hot water every day

I have the timer setup to only produce hot water from 11am to 4pm to ensure i get the most out of the solar panels on the roof and also it's the warmest time of the day. Usually it will be complete by 1:30pm.

4 showers in the evening and by morning there is still hot water to brush our teeth with.
In the middle of winter in Sydney, it consumes 2.4kwh of energy per day, it summer it averages around 1kwh per day.

Adam
AdamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
Con S.
Con S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
Robert Van Gorp
Robert Van GorpSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great hot water system

Very good hot water unit, it is very power efficient and seem very reliable. the touch screen is a great way to setup. This thing runs when i have solar during the day.
HeadwindJack
HeadwindJackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Economical

Power consumption for a two adult household for the first few weeks is averaging 2.2kWh per day. Gotta be happy with that. The heat pump is installed indoors (albeit an aircraft hangar so a huge space) where the average inside ambient temperature for June was 18 degrees. Supply and delivery were very professional with the unit arriving within 30 minutes of when they said it would. Build quality is on par with units that I have seen from brands established in the Australian market. I used my own plumber for the install and he was very happy with the installation process. Hydrotherm is about the least expensive heat pump unit on the market but I do not think that equates to least quality.

Will report back in five years...

William
WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts
  Verified Dynamic/X8

Best Investment for a entire family

We are so pleased to decide to go for this new technology with a reputable brand and professional trade supplier. The entire process was carried out without any fuss. The built quality of the unit is of top class and the craftsmanship in installation was outstanding when the job completed.
Harmen Otter
Harmen Otter
  Verified Dynamic/X8

Incredible system, works like a charm

We have the unit for 9 months or so and it has performed very well in summer. Now winter time it takes a bit longer to recover but is still working to our full satisfaction. The timer on the unit is invaluable as we have a offpeak charge and the unit is set to heat within the 5 hour time frame.
monos111
monos111PAKENHAM12 posts

tHIS IS REALLY GREAT

It's working perfect, relayable and economicllay running cost.
During winter in Victoria, we didn't face any issue, all running very normal till now (mid winter)

*** Still waiting for the phone control app. !!!!

Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Find out how Hydrotherm Dynamic/X8 compares to other Electric Hot Water Storage Systems

Warren and Val
Warren and ValGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts
Bolex
BolexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  Verified Dynamic/X8

Hydrotherm Dynamic/X8 - May 2022 Install (VIC 3750)

This is currently the most cost justifiable Heat Pump system on the market, about half the cost of Sanden or Reclaim Heat Pump. Hydrotherm has labour & parts warranty of 6 years similar to Sanden.
Reclaim has only 2 years labour warranty which is also capped at 25km and the parts & system warranty is 6 years.

Hydrotherm Dynamic/X8 supply cost around $2.8k
less $1.1k STC, less $1k if you qualify for heat pump hot water system rebate
labour was $800+ which includes removal & disposal of existing gas HWS and capping existing gas line.
With the current market these numbers may have already changed.

Our installer covers greater Melbourne and Geelong area.
[Name, contact details and email address removed]

Tom W
Tom WSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Works well, 3 months old

Our original Hydrotherm was replaced with the new Dynamic/X8 under warranty. Very good after sales service. Solar power and the timer helps to reduce heating costs. The unit always copes with our family's needs.
Rod
Rod

Very Good

No problems with install and was a simple changeover. Had the smaller old model Volt for a round 6 years and changed it over for a new model for a good price. They have a very reasonable running cost and would recommend them.
Dance Heart
Dance Heart

Amazing Service and Warrenty

Our original system had a leak under warranty. We contacted the Hydrotherm team and the were on the job straight away. The replacement arrived and was fitted by experts. The team took us through the step by step of what to do for our new warranty. It all went very well and we have had follow up call to ensure all is well. What more could a customer ask for? We were treated like royalty.
Darren Cook
Darren Cook

It hasn't let us down

We haven't had any issue with quantity even after I set timer to run only during the peak period for our solar panels. The big test was over Easter as we had 7 adults staying with showers and washing over the 4 days and we never ran out.
Peter
Peter2 posts
Dennis S.
Dennis S.

Meets all my expectations

Meets all our expectations and requirements
Works well in all weather conditions.
Looks great.easy to install with install instructions
performs good.would recommend to all families.low running costs
Easy to understand and follow programe on interface.
Justin Barry
Justin BarryMelbourne2 posts

Money Saver!

It is a great product and has saved us heaps since installing. With government rebates this unit only cost me under $200. I am getting electricity bills of $8 a month at the moment.
Lyndell Pistola
Lyndell Pistola3 posts
  Verified Dynamic/X8

You won't regret going with Hydrotherm

Excellent! It's quiet, attractive and we've never run out of water for our family of 5. Hydrotherm were amazing to deal with, delivered to SA exactly on time and claiming our STCs through them was prompt and easy. Their warranty is the best for a mid range heat pump

Dennis
DennisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  Verified Dynamic/X8

Good looking, a bit noisy

Delivery went pretty smoothly. I used my plumber. No issues there.

Touch screen menu works although not so straight forward, timer was set and forgotten.

The unit makes noise similar to old fridges which was known before purchase. It runs at day time when there is some ambient noise anyway, so it's not annoying.

No issues so far (4 months). Really good transition from instantaneous gas, now we can put hot water on low flow without changing temperatures. Also it was last bit of gas equipment, so gas is abolished. Hooray.

Would I prefer to pay 2-3 times more for Reclaim or Sanden? probably no. Would I prefer to have extra 50-100l in the tank? yes, but we (5) can live with 260l.

Phillip
Phillip

Works well

Our new system replaced gas boosted solar. Works a treat. We have rooftop solar and we have set the new system to heat when the sun is shining. So the hot water comes at virtually zero operating cost and footprint.
Tony Bonehill
Tony BonehillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quiet Heatpump

I am a plumber & we have recommended & installed these heatpumps for our clients for many years now. I recently moved from a unit into a house and finally got to own one myself- it’s very quiet and economical to run- couldn’t be happier! The team at Hydrotherm have always been very good with any back-up service required too- this is why we have no trouble recommending them.
Nick Carroll
Nick CarrollGoulburn Valley, VIC

Best on the market!!

Family of 5 with 3 teenagers, set up timers over the phone with costumer service dept, brilliant to deal with. Never ran out of hot water. Love this unit. My solar runs this when we aren’t home, costs me zero to heat water.
Best on the market by a long way!
Robert James
Robert James

It saves 35% of the hot water electric water bills

With two adults using the hot water this unit is always hot all day & every day even in cloudy weather.The cost is up front but the long term lower cost is worth it .
Fiona Ramiah
Fiona RamiahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy

Very happy with service and price. This is my second unit after upgrading the size and I would highly recommend. We have never run out of hot water, it’s very reliable
Dominic Harvey
Dominic HarveySouth East Queensland, QLD
  Dynamic/X8

It’s a really great piece of kit. Very happy our plumber recommended it

We haven’t yet had significant draw on the unit (like everything going at once). But for our family of four it’s coping really well.
As above, we haven’t noticed any fluctuations yet. Once both bathrooms are fully functional I guess we’ll find out then.
Gazza
GazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

This replaced an Earlier Model of Hydrotherm

After 12 months of use, the only disappointment I have is that a Rust Mark around the lid that attaches to the Unit. This replaced an earlier Hydotherm Model that was extremely noisy and did not last the guaranteed period.
Wendy
WendySouth East Queensland, QLD
  Verified Dynamic/X8

We had the smaller earlier version of this system. Upgraded about 12 months ago, and it's just right for a family of 4

Unit is just the right size for a family of 4 plus plenty of hot water to do the dishes afterwards. We struggled with a smaller unit which was fine, but did not provide enough hot water for us. Upgraded about 12 months ago and it's great very cost efficient as well.
Edward Morassuti
Edward Morassuti

Great decision

Well priced.
Great support when I called twice with questions before purchase.
Electricity bill has gone down more than I anticipated :) Should pay for itself in under 4 years with the electricity saved.
Easy to use with a number of timer options available.
Take about 3 or 4 hours to heat the tank from empty
What is there not to like?

Martin R.
Martin R.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent !!!

The inbult timer makes it very easy to synchronise the Hydrotherm heatpump with our solar PV system, ie the heatpump works from 9am unit maximum 5pm. On most days our PV system makes electricity. That means heating the water costs zilch.
Tony Corr
Tony Corr
  Verified Dynamic/X8

This is a great low cost system

We have this unit set in Eco mode, so it only comes on during the day at a time we has set with its inbuilt timer. This means it is almost always 100% powered by the solar we have on our roof. For a house hold of three people we have never run out of hot water. We turned the mixer on the HWS to hottest and it is very hot!
Felix R.