4Hydrotherm Rapid-SS/X4/OP

100% · 50%

Greg
GregSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
  Verified Rapid-SS/X4/OP

Hydrotherm heat pump - reliable to date, decimated power bills!

Installed April 2016

It replaced a 'Saxon' hot water system which had died. Particularly in winter I now have much more hot water (the Saxon was barely adequate) for much less expense.

Adam Taylor (recommended by Hydrotherm) did a professional and very reasonably priced job on the installation here in Brisbane. This involved a fair bit of work and extra valves as the Saxon plumbing was very simple.

The unit makes a bit of noise but where it's located, it doesn't bother me - it's 'white noise' anyway.

Exceeded my expectations and has slashed power bills over 60% consistently. My last quarterly power bill was just over $200, something I haven't seen for a long time!

Regards,

Greg

Shona C
Shona C3 posts

Replaces Dux Airoheat with Hydrotherm

The Airoheat which had been great, let go and had to be replaced. The plumber suggested Hydrotherm and I have found it to be just as cost effective or maybe even better. It has not let me down in the 12 months I've had it so far. The only thing I am a little concerned about is if my grandkids have a go at touching the panel. As far as I am aware there is no locking PIN for the touchpad. So far though, no problems.

Show details ·  2

hammo
hammobrisbane
  Rapid-SS/X4/OP

so far so good - appears cost effective

I have no doubt my system is more cost effective than my previous inefficient 10 yr old electric system. As a single person household I have never run out of hot water. However, I did when I had 2 visitors staying which surprised me as I thought it was sized for a family of 4. I also had several issues associated with the installation so I am wondering if tradies are used to installing this type of system. Hydro-therm however have been brilliant in their customer service.

Show details ·  1

JestaCat
JestaCatBrisbane, QLD
  Rapid-SS/X4/OP

Cheaper bills and great service

Did a fair bit of research before buying a replacement water heater; am open to new technology and generally willing to try new things - happy to report this beauty does all it promises and saves me cash in my bills (they all say that, right? This one has delivered!).

Although it looks a little space-age with its digital display, it doesn't require any programming or user maintenance - you don't need a degree to operate it (in fact, I haven't touched it since it was installed).

Haven't needed any after sales support - the machine just goes and does it's job without intervention. Had a complimentary service recently and found the experience professional and efficient - like the machine it supports. Thanks Hydrotherm!

John
John

How to save big money &

We purchased a Hydrotherm heat pump when our electric hot water service died. We have solar panels and so I was looking for an energy efficient replacement. The setup we now use has the Hydrotherm running between 10:30am and 12:30pm usually when the sun is shining so the solar panel generation powers the Hydrotherm.

Effectively we have a solar powered hot water service without the high cost. Our electricity bill dropped by roughly $220 per quarter which paid the unit and installation costs off in less than 2 years; almost a 60% return on investment.

We love this product which over delivers on every claim that the company makes, Highly recommended