4Hydrotherm Volt-SS/X6/C

Heating Speed

Jon A.
Jon A.South East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Excellent Product - Super Reliable and a Real Power Saver

We've had our Hydrotherm for more than 5 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. It works extremely well for a family of 3 (even with a water guzzling teenager in the house) and we've never run out of hot water. The pwer saving has been amazing. We're saving around 25% on our power bills. Highly recommended. Show details
Hydrohatr
HydrohatrBrisbane2 posts

Buy a Quantum

Have owned Quantum and hydrotherm. Had 10 reliable no fuss years service out of our Quantum HWS before we built and moved to a new place. The builder had put in a Hydrotherm and told us how “great” they were. Well in 2 years we have had 3 installed and another one has packed it in. They are cheap imported junk, don’t waste your money, time and sanity. You have to fight tooth and nail for a warranty claim with threats of fair trading to get any joy and hope you win the Hydrotherm lotto and jag a good unit. If you buy one I wish you good luck!

Hydrotherm
Hydrotherm   DM
Jon
JonSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Great customer service And warranty

Had my 180l system for 3 years now and it's started to leak around main outlet. Emailed them and they were straight out same day. Getting full refund as the model I have is no longer made.

Common problem due to water reacting with stainless.

New model is meant to be better. Will see hopefully.

Really impressed with warranty and after sales service. Especially chris the tech/sales person.

aardvarkalpha
aardvarkalphaSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Good Customer Service

We very disappointed with our Hydrotherm Volt, after only 3 years it is leaking from all outlets and looking worse then the 20yo tank system it had replaced.

Hydrotherm advised that part of the problem was with the water quality in the area which contributes to bacteria build-up that cause seals to fail, apparently very common. The Volt is no longer manufactured so there was no direct replacement on offer, options were full refund or upgrade to a new (larger - better built) system for the cost of difference in price.

This was a good outcome and good customer service.

Hopefully the new larger system will be able to handle the water quality issues better.

PhilC
PhilC

Hydrotherm Technology

In February 2014 the hot water system packed up in the rental that I’m still currently living in, so I contacted our landlord have it repaired. He organised a new Hydrotherm heat pump to be delivered and installment, which he had also installed for his other tenants.

Somewhat skeptical I accepted the unit not knowing what it was, but I must admit, it was only after a few months of operation that I saw my electricity bills dropping, especially during the winter months.

I did not initially get sufficient hot water for the household, and phoned the company to adjust the settings. Since that time I have had no issues at all, and can recommend and compliment Hydrotherm on their product and service.

Renae Alsop
Renae Alsop
  Verified Volt-SS/X6/C

Best hot water unit, wouldn't buy anything else

We own a plumbing company and have installed hundreds of these units in Brisbane over the past 5 years with not one single complaint. We also have one in our own home and it's extremely efficient compared to any other type of unit. Excellent product, excellent quality, highly recommend .