7Hydrotherm

Hydrotherm Questions & Answers

MWheeler
MWheeler · Hydrotherm

What is the tank made from and what is the refrigerantused,thank you

Hydrotherm   DM

The tanks are constructed from milled steel, coated in diamond blue enamel. The tanks are protected by an impressed current anode that is non-sacrificial and requires no maintenance. The refrigerant is R290 (propane)

CC B. · Hydrotherm

Hi. Can anyone give cost savings from before/after installation? I on control load 2 hot water with solar panels but solar not connected to hot water - hence looking to change. The hot water is 50% of my monthly usage. Thank you

Ian

I just installed one and I was on controlled load 1 now using solar panels to heat the water. I find that the amount of electricity needed to heat the water is maybe about 1/3 of what my old heat element hot water tank used. I am estimating that I save approx. $1 per day based on previously using 5-6 kwh on off peak now about 2kwh from solar that would have been exported. Even without solar panels and heating on general use electricity it would be a saving.

Suf
Suf · Dynamic/X8

Hi There , needing an installation done on my house in North rocks , NSW , anyone can supply and install ?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Suf, Thank you for your enquiry.

To check which partner plumber is available in your area, please submit a Buy & Install request on the following link:
external link

This way they can get your details and contact you to give you a quote.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me, and I will be happy to help.

Kind Regards,
Roberto Mennella
Customer Support Manager

AQUATECH SOLAR TECHNOLOGIES PTY LTD
94 - 96 Kortum Drive, Burleigh, Qld, 4220
roberto@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au
P: 1300 769 904 M: 0404 858 635

Ian

I just got mine installed by Lee at Hot H2O. happy with the quality of the work they did, and I think I got a good price. pretty sure they would do North Rocks.

Clint S.
Clint S.

Thank you Ian. Great news from my POV. Hot H2O have been good to deal with so far, and Lee was excellent during the free quote visit yesterday. I accepted the very reasonable quote today. I look forward to saying goodbye to gas, and saving dollars courtesy of our solar power system.

Melad N.
Melad N. · Hydrotherm

How much the heat pump hydrotherm ? Thanks

Bruce
Bruce

Depending on the model you buy, somewhere around $2500, and you become eligible for Solar credits of around $1000.
Go to the Hydrotherm 'Buy Now' page for exact pricing.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Melad The R.R.P for the DYNAMIC/X8 is $2795.00 depending on your state and the type of hot water system you are replacing the system receives between $1000 & $2000 in rebates. For more accurate pricing and list of suppliers/installers in your area. Please complete a Buy & Install enquiry at the following link.

Ezz
Ezz

I paid $2500 installed for the X6

Philip G.
Philip G. · Hydrotherm

I have an old hydrotherm hot water system that has an error A2(which is a condenser error). I have tried ringing hydrotherm several times over a period of weeks and also sent several messages but no replies. I’m in south east QLD and would like my system serviced. Do you have a contact number for an agent in the Redland Coast? Don’t give me the Hydrotherm number as no one answers. Thanks Philip.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Phillip The service agent in the Redland Bay Area is Refrigeration House Queensland 07 3808 6000 they have condenser sensors on hand.

Ray Irvine
Ray Irvine · Hydrotherm

How do you adjust the output water temperature

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Ray The Hydrotherm control screen allows owners to select from different modes that can adjust the end heated temperature of the water stored in the tank.
You can find out more about the modes in the controller guide.

external link

However, be aware that all hot water systems are installed with a tempering valve that mixes the hot water from the tank with cold water so that the max temperature in the home does not exceed 50°C.

Lloyd10
Lloyd10 · Hydrotherm

Do you supply and install in Melbourne Victoria. What is the cost after Vic govt rebates. Thanks

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Lloyd Thanks for your enquiry. We have a number of partner plumbers that supply and install our systems in Melbourne. There are two rebates, federal STC's currently valued at $1120 in Melbourne and the Solar Homes Victoria rebate which is $1000. The Solar homes require additional paperwork and pre-approval before installation.

If you would like to request a quote for the supply and installation please use the link below. You will be sent the details of the local partner plumbers as well as rebate and pricing details.

graeme d.
graeme d. · Hydrotherm

How is the government rebate attained
Does a form come with the unit on delivery
Do you handle the paperwork for the rebate
do I have to send the paperwork to the rebate governing body

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Graeme the Hydrotherm is available through our partner plumber network, they will help you work through all your rebate entitlements. If you would like to request a quote and check the current rebates for your postcode, please use our Buy & Install enquiry form.

Anthony Higgs
Anthony Higgs · Hydrotherm

The unit was beeping with ALM (alarm?) and HTG flashing. Was does it mean? It is on auto mode with set temp at 60 and water at 51.

John Timlin · Dynamic/X8

We have a Hydrotherm gas fired boiler for central heating and hot water supply for the kitchen. Can we convert to a heat pump operation and, if so, what is the estimated cost?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi John Thanks for your enquiry. Our heat pumps are for hot water only. You need to look for a "hydronic heat pump" if you are wanting to convert you gas boiler.

John Timlin

Do you supply a hydronic heat pump? If so, what is estimated delivery time, cost and installation expense?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi John We do not offer hydronic products ourselves. If you provide your postcode location, I maybe able to suggest a company that services your area.

Postcode is 3065

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi John We work with a company Melbourne Heat Pumps that sell our products. They also do Hydronic Heating.
Here is there company profile and contact details, on our website

external link

Gavin at Melbourne Heat Pumps will be able to assist with your enquiry.

Jack S
Jack S · Hydrotherm

Hi there. Does anyone know if the hydrotherm systems are available in Tasmania? I’m struggling to find info for suppliers down here. Im looking at getting a hot water system for our new build for a family of 5.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jack S
I found Hydrotherm very helpful when I originally rang them for some information when I was looking to change my hot water system. The system has worked exactly like they said it would. As to whether they are available in Tasmania I have not idea and would suggest you contact Hydrotherm directly who would be able to advise you correctly.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Jack S, Judy W is correct, please contact directly on 1300 769 904 and we will be able to assist with your enquiry.

Zoe Byron
Zoe Byron · Hydrotherm

Just got a Dynamic X8 hot water system. Great Machine. Is it possible to set timers so it runs from 6am-8am, then later on, say 11.30pm-4pm.
That way, we have hot water in the morning ready for peak demand. But majority of heating still happens when ambient air temperatures are at their highest, later in the day.

Question 1. Is it possible to have two timer settings?
Question 2. Would this make a difference to power usage? Or are best best just leaving the settings the way they are (7am - 5pm)

Hi Zoe, Great questions there, please see the following:

Q1. Yes, you can set up to three different periods with our in-built timers.

Q2. Your power usage is really dependent on how much hot water you are using. Unless you have a high hot water demand, you should be able to get away with just one timer period, between 11:30 and 16:00. This is a good period as you said, because it’s the hottest times of the day. One thing to note is that because there is little heat loss of the stored hot water, heating the 260L of hot water should be sufficient until the next day. Obviously this won’t be the case if you’ve used up the hot water.

If you need assistance with setting the timers, please give us a call on 1300 769 904 or see the following link:

Kind Regards,

Min
Min · Hydrotherm

Hello,
Do you provide Hydrotherm hot water unit and installation in Sydney area?
I am living in Sydney , but what I heard is you only provide this heat pump unit in QLD.
Please let me know which company provides this unit in Sydney. Many thanks.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi MIn, Thanks for getting in touch. We certainly do provide heat pumps in Sydney. Please can you give us a call on 1300 769 904 or email to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au with your details so we can follow this up for you.

Lachy
Lachy · Hydrotherm

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me exactly (or even approximately) how much power the Hydrotherm pulls?
I know it must be connected to 240V mains.
But looking to run it through a solar system.

Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Lachy, The DYNAMIC/X8 draws a max of 0.9kWh, it depends on the stage of the heating cycle. In the majority of households, we'd recommend using the factory default timers of 09:00 to 17:00.

Ruth M. · Hydrotherm

What will be the cost to me after government rebates of installing a 300 litre hydrotherm hot water pump?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Ruth, Thanks for you enquiry. Please check your messages for details about pricing.

Ruth M.

I can't seem to find where my messages are located

Hydrotherm   DM

You can find all your messages by clicking your profile up on the top right of your page (yours should read "Ruth M") and then click on your Inbox. All your messages should then be displayed.

Yve K.
Yve K. · Hydrotherm

Hi I am looking at replacing my hot water system with a hydrotherm. I am northern NSW, and would like to know costing, rebates etc applicable for this area. thanking you.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Yve, Thanks for getting in touch. Please see your mail messages for more details.

CC B.

Hi. Also northern NSW. Did you get one installed?

Les M. · Hydrotherm

After 7 years of use my Hydroterm system plumber recomended to change all system for the new cost me 2500$ Is it wright?? Les Two days ago alarm start beeping and on the screen show you A8 or R8 What das it tel you?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Les The A8 alarm is a block condensate alarm.It means the copper pipe that is used to drain the condensate when the system is running is blocked and backfilled. It is an easy fix. If you contact our office during opening hours, they will be able to assist in clearing this alarm.

Les M.

A8 yes , the copper pipe was block.My plumber drain the water however,he decided that the system needs to be replaced because the compressor has too little gas and he does not know What type of gas is in the tank.It seems that he comes to change the all system and not repair it,whitch consequently cost of my pocket 2600$.The question is it is ringht???? Regards. Les

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Les, we can check if the system is heating correctly by checking the screen readings, when it is running. If you contact the office on 1300 769 904 during opening hours, when you in front of the system, we can quickly answer your questions.

Denise C.
Denise C. · Hydrotherm

how much does this system installed with the goverment rebate?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Denise, Thanks for your enquiry. Please can check your private messages for details regarding pricing and government rebates.

Sylvia P.
Sylvia P. · Hydrotherm

Hi I’m thinking to renew my hot water system and would like to know what the costs are to install. I live in Melbourne Croydon 3136 area and would expect to get the government rebate. Thankyou

Sylvia P.
Sylvia P. · Dynamic/X8

What is the cost including the government grant to install this unit. I am in Vic Croydon 3136.

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Hydrotherm is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2018.