7Hydrotherm

Hydrotherm Questions & Answers (page 2)

Didier L.
Didier L. · Dynamic/X8

Hi. Can anyone recommend companies that can supply and install this product for an affordable price in the Western suburbs in Melbourne . Thanks

Adam H.
Adam H. · Dynamic/X8

I am considering installing a Hydrotherm Dynamic/X8 but it will need to go directly outside a bedroom window of my house. Will noise be an issue from this system?

Simo L.
Simo L.

Hi Adam, I have just had one installed recently. The house is the same as an aircon unit. Hardly notice it. It has a timer that you can set to run during day time. It only needs to run a few hours to heat up the water

Adam
Adam · Hydrotherm

Hi whos the retailers for south east Melbourne please.

Bill

Sorry I can’t help with that. I live in Brisbane.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Adam, Thanks for getting in touch. Please can you send your details, including your postal address, to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and we can provide you with that information. Or call us on 1300 769 904.

Lain · Hydrotherm

Hi, we are currently building a new house and are looking the Hydrotherm heat pump system. However, we have 5 people in our house and I would estimate we are heavy hot water users. Would this system be able to cope with high demand usage for 5 people, only having a 270L tank? Thanks.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Lain, Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We recommend our DYNAMIC/X8 system for households of up to 6 people. A standard shower head that uses 7-9L/minute equates to roughly 40-50 minutes of hot water showering time (i.e. the time to completely drain the tank). However, the DYNAMIC/X8 has additional functions which can give you a boost of hot water if need be.

Our recommendation of up to 6 people applies for most households. The factors which will result in households running out of hot water quicker are:

1. The length of time of showers.
2. The distance between the hot water system and your shower.
3. How many baths per day.
4. Time of year (hot water usage is higher in winter).

However to simply answer your question, yes, we believe that our system can meet your requirements.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Lain

Thank you for the fast reply. Just say we drained half the tank due to long showers/high use etc.. Would the heat pump automatically start heating the water again as you're using it? Also, how long would it approximately take to heat a tank of water once it drained?

I've only used standard electric storage, which we had to wait for the next day to get hot water if we ran out which was annoying. We're currently using an LPG instant system, which is nice to have unlimited hot water but is costing us a fortune in gas!!

Definitely looking forward to the Hydrotherm if it suits.

Hydrotherm   DM

No problem at all :) The reason why your previous hot water system would only heat once per day is likely that it was connected to a night time electricity tariff (i.e. the hot water system only had power at night time). Being on a night time tariff you would need a much larger storage tank to meet the home’s high hot water demand, as it will only have a chance to heat once a day.

We recommend all customers have their Hydrotherm installed on either a continuous or shoulder tariff. One of the reasons is so the system can heat after the morning and evening showers.

The DYNAMIC/X8 will begin to heat whenever the tank water sensor drops below 55C, which is generally after two showers. The system will then heat up to the full 60C which generally takes 1-3 hours. If the DYNAMIC/X8 was completely drained of its 260L of hot water, the system will heat for take about 3-5 hours to reheat ALL the water in the tank.

So in conclusion, if you were to have a DYNAMIC/X8 system on either a continuous or shoulder tariff, there should be no issue with system meeting your new homes hot water demands.

Lain

Thank you very much for the detailed and quick response. I'm definitely sold on the Hydrotherm system after all the good reviews and your customer service. I look forward to having it in the new home build!

Hydrotherm   DM

Thanks Lain, glad we can be of service :)

Dirk S. · Hydrotherm

Hi we have Hydrotherm tank reads 60deg and reads full but no hot water is coming out , any ideas thanks in advance Derek

Bill

It will be sensor at the top of the system. When we had a system installed the sensor would fail at least once a year. If you brought the system from a plumber, my advice is if it is still under warranty I would be to get them to fix it. Don't let them palm you off onto hydrotherm. If you got system from hydrotherm you will probably have continuous trouble with sensor failure. We are getting a different system. Bill

Thanks Bill

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Dirk, I believe that you have already been in touch with Hydrotherm regarding the issue you had with your system. Just as reference to others, we can be contacted for servicing on 1300 76 904 or at service@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au.

DeWet from Hydrotherm

Dirk S.

Thanks DeWet it’s all fixed and the technician you recommended was fantastic
Amazing service from the both of you thanks again Dirk

Lisa T.
Lisa T. · Hydrotherm

Hi there my system is not heating above 25 degrees Celsius and the fan has been running continuously.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Lisa if you contact the office on 1300 769 904 we will be able to assist with diagnosis of issue.

Bill

We brought one of their systems and the first winter we had a sensor problem. If you brought it from a plumber I would suggest that you call them. It sounds like a similar problem too ours. If the plumbers try too get you to call Hydrotherm directly refuse as it is their problem. We rang plumbers and they gave us Simon's number. The plumbers then washed their hands of any responsibility. Hot Water system sensor would fail once or twice a year, mainly in the winter. Hope you have a better run than ours. We are now getting a solar system. Simon payed us out the money for the system so he did not have to deal with us any more. Good luck Bill.

Ella · Hydrotherm

Would you please ask for or enter the locality of the person reporting as this is important for how heat pump may work in different climate
Say Melbourne or Northern Vic etc
It is often listed but not always

Sue Brown
Sue Brown

Hi Ella, we live on the northern rivers of New South Wales and are finding the system to be an efficient water heater.

ChristineCrozier
ChristineCrozier

HI, I live in Salisbury Brisbane and have purchased 3 heat pumps over the past 5 years. I noticed considerable reduction in water heating costs throughout this time. Would not consider any other hot water system.

Thankyou for that
I was actually asking for that info to be stated in each person's comments but it must be optional
We do have neighbours in Melbourne with a htdrotherm and so far they are happy with it

F Maher
F Maher · Hydrotherm

I have sent three emails to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and still no response after more than 40 days!! Any reason?
I thought that’s better to ask a question before leaving a bad review.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi F Maher, Please can you check your emails for a request for you contact details so we can follow this up for you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I will follow up your request as soon as possible.

Jon
Jon · Hydrotherm

Hi. We have a hydrotherm system but over the last few days the alarm keeps going off continually, creating complaints from our neighbours. The water still heats but the alarm will not stop.

Jon A.
Jon A.

Hi,
Oddly enough just days after I posted my review I've had a problem with my Hydrotherm Volt unit. The alarm kept going off and annoying my neighbours. On the control panel (lower right hand of the screen) where the temperature normally is - you'll see a number A1 - A5. These are the Alarm Error Codes. Check which alarm error code you're getting and then call Hydrotherm and they'll be abel to advise on the best solution. I had an A5 last week and it was quite easy to reset the Low/High Pressure switch which has fixed that problem. However, I've since discovered there is a leak in the tank. I contacted Hydrotherm to activate the Warranty and while the contact staff have been fantastic the people looking after the Warranty have been less obliging. They demanded various photos, the original Credit Card receipt from 5 years ago, the original Solar Certificate and so on. Luckily I managed to find these documents but it appears the 15 years Warranty has so many exclusions I may have trouble getting it replaced or fixed under their service agreement. I'll keep you posted.

Ant
Ant · Hydrotherm

My alarm went off last night so i pushed the on / off button once , has the system been off all day ? As my water is warm not hot

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Ant, I believe you might need to adjust a setting there. Please contact us directly on 1300 769 904 or service@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and we'll be able to assist you as soon as possible with any service needs.

Zoe Byron
Zoe Byron · Hydrotherm

My Hydrotherm water temp is set to 60degrees> after it gets to about 50 degrees it makes a high pitched sound that is very annoying and has attracted neighbour complaints.

Model is R410X1000g. Purchased 15/11/12.

Causes? Solution?

Grant O
Grant O · Hydrotherm

Is there an installer in Adelaide?

lew · Hydrotherm

Hi, I had a Hydrotherm installed yesterday and the timer set so it would run through daylight hours as we have a large solar system as well as mains power. The timer turned off and the system had heated to 58 degrees. So switched it back to auto thinking the system would turn back on. It didn't so assumed it was waiting until water temperature dropped below 55 degrees. This morning the temperature dropped to 54 degrees so far and the unit still has not begun heating.
The panel shows it is on auto, the status shows as "warm" and temperature as 54 degrees. There are no alarms or anything that looks out of place. Sadly it is Saturday and I cannot ring the supplier until Monday. Any suggestions or does this seem ok?

Kaoz
Kaoz

Hi lew, we have ours set to ECON MODE and set the timers so that she comes on at 12pm midday. That has been working well for us for the past 7 months. Perhaps try setting the unit to ECON MODE, and see if it comes on during whatever time you set your timer to. In my experience, now, during summer, the unit rarely takes longer than 1.5hrs to heat back to 60degrees, hence why we set the timer to 12:00pm-4pm so that we get the most out of our solar panels. I hope this helps.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Lew, Your system seems to be set to turn on only at 50 degrees C (which is normal). Having the system turn on at 55 degrees C is not necessary for the majority of households (2-6 people). This parameter can be changed to 55 degrees C but we wouldn't recommend it unless you're running out of hot water (and all other timers/settings have been checked first). Please let us know if you need anything else.

lew

Yep, thanks guys, I worked my way through the panel and that is spot on, it is working like a dream, love it.

Daisy
Daisy · Hydrotherm

Can the Hydrothermal unit be plugged directly into an existing gpo 10 amp circuit or must it be connected through a junction box hard wired into the 10 amp circuit? Also can the junction input be plugged into gpo?

Sarah
Sarah

Yes you can plug it into a standard 10amp. It has a very small amp draw.

Although will depend on the requirements of the state you live in.

Initially advised to use a junction box. Electrician decided against.

Would check with your state requirements

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Daisy Thanks for your question. As mentioned above the Hydrotherm comes with a 3 point plug and can run off a standard GPO.

However individual states have requirements for the installation of electrical items with a motor, such as air conditioners, pool pumps and heat pumps.

Some states electrical standards require that all systems with motors be hardwired into an isolated switch so that future service mechanics can isolate the power to the system when servicing.

Installing a Hydrotherm using the plug will not effect warranties or after sales support, however it is important to check with your installing plumber/electrician regarding the individual requirements for your state or territory.

Regards

Simon Baird

Peter B
Peter B · Hydrotherm

Hi, looking at using a Hydrotherm system with an off grid battery power system 20kh/h storage. Has anyone done this and any feedback on the good bad and ugly?

Ashfaq
Ashfaq · Hydrotherm

Hello there,

Is this 'instant water heating system' (as soon as shower/tap is turned on, it turns on, and turns off with taps turned off)? Many thanks. Ashfaq

Steve-gee
Steve-gee

Hi Ashfaq - no - heat pump water heaters are electric - so are completely different to instant hot water systems. If you Google the instant hot water systems, you will see that they use natural gas to instantly ignite and heat up the water. Cheers Steve

M. K.
M. K. · Hydrotherm

We are a 3 to 4 member family. How can we get Hydrothermal in Taylors Lakes and which unit would be best for us? Need to replace an Aquamax?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi M.K., Please contact us directly on 1300 769 904 or info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com for pricing information.

We no longer do the smaller sized systems. The Dynamic system has a capacity of 275L and we recommend it for families of between 2-6 people.

Rachel
Rachel · Hydrotherm

why is the alarm going off and no lower water temp nor water level quantity showing on display?

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Rachel, Please call us on 1300 769 904 or email us at service@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au.

Donna H
Donna H · Hydrotherm

What is the cost?

Marde03
Marde03

About $1400 plus plumbers costs to install which were around $800. Pretty good considering other altenatives. That includes delivery to your house. You need to organise your own plumber though so shop around for best quote. You wont be sorry. We love ours and it gives heaps of hot Water and I mean hot.

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Donna, The cost of the system is dependent on which postcode you are in (for STC Zone values as well as delivery costs). Please use the following link to find the pricing for your area: external link

As far as installation costs go, there are a lot of factors which need to be considered. However we generally say between $700-$1,100 which includes the removal of the old tank as well as the electrician's fee. Please use the following link to find our Partner Plumbers in your area: external link

If you do have any questions, please contact us on 1300 769 904 or at info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au.

Elsik
Elsik · Hydrotherm

Can you please let me know if I can purchase this unit in London, is there any company who will install, and could you please give me the price of unit and estimated installation cost, I only need hot water unit and no central heating

Hydrotherm   DM

Hi Elsik, Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately we are based in Australia and we don't operate in London at this stage.

The Hydrotherm Team.

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives

Select a listing for your question

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Hydrotherm is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023, 2018.