• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Overall an energy efficient unit

Very noisy. Take hours to get to set temperture once you have utelized hot water.
e.g. A bath takes in excess of 3 hours. Overall seems very energy efficient. Priced well.

Purchased in October 2019 for $1,950.00.

Sue BrownRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Practical, efficient energy user,

Copes well with demand, had to adjust timer only once, Regulates water temperature well, we are very happy with the Hydrotherm’s functionality, does need an external position due to operational noise

Purchased in September 2019.

Paul Hamilton

Paul HamiltonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well...mild hum, screws rusting.

Works well, not sure about any improvements in power consumption as yet. Installed 6 months ago and external screws have rusted quite a lot. Not sure if this reflects the quality inside the unit. We are 200m from the beach.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,300.00.

ChristineCrozierSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never buy any other hot water system! Hydrotherm is the best!

Since September, 2014, I have had 3 Hydrotherm heat pumps installed at 3 different properties. They have outperformed two other well known brands which I will never have to use again and which I had ongoing problems with which could not be rectified, After researching, I found Hydrotherm and so glad I did - great cost savings and still working a treat. The other systems had numerous problems from the outset. Hydrotherm has not skipped a beat - perfect! When I need to replace other hot water systems, I will immediately go to Hydrotherm and recommend them without any reservations or hesitation! Cost savings in the capital outlay, the running costs and electricity savings.

Purchased in September 2014 for $800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Braj Raj Pande

Braj Raj PandeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good system

On economy mode hot water runs out by evening
Should have timer system to switch on and off unit according to need
We have have to run it on Non Economy mode, then continuous hot water is available
Overall very satisfied

Purchased in May 2019 at Hydrotherm for $2,000.00.

Kate Gleeson

Kate GleesonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for our family

We are a family of four and never run out of hot water. The system is working well with our solar to keep our home as energy efficient as possible.

Purchased in June 2019 at Plumber for $800.00.

Martin P.

Martin P.South East Queensland, QLD

Nice product... But

The plastic lugs that make the insulation hidden within the tank popped out, and it doesn't look great. I suspect this would have a simple solution, but I think it spoils an otherwise good product thus far. Still need yet to see if it is more efficient than off peak meter, or if it can be used on that meter. That information would be good to know based on tests.

Purchased in August 2019 at Plumber for $1,800.00.

Elaine

ElaineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very reliable system

Have not had any problems with this heater , and we do not have solar so it does not cost a lot to run.
Only thing I found it is a bit loud when it comes on at night.

Purchased in August 2019.

Great system

We have never had any issues with this system or shortage of hot water. Looks great too. This was by far the best value for money we could find. Highly recommend it.

Scottsworld

ScottsworldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Runs on the smell of an oily rag

Cannot believe how good this hot water system turned out to be. In the first quarter after (winter) installation my electricity bill went down by over $250. Household of 4 adults.
I don’t have solar power, just full-tariff regular QLD electricity. I also haven’t bothered to fiddle with settings yet to make it only run in daytime (when more heat is in air). Tweaking winter run times would probably cost me even less!?
Noise of fan running isn’t as loud as people made out. Fist few nights I could faintly notice it. Now, I never do.

Only downside is how expensive tradies are - plumber to install. Around $1300.

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,695.00.

joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient hot water system Thornlands QLD

Purchased in October 2013.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Cheap Hot Water

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,845.00.

Happy with the product

Unit works well and temperature doesnt fluctuwaite. Only complaint i have is noise and the time it takes to get up to temperature. The salesman was informative and reliable regarding delivery time

Chris28SYDNEY

Reliable and Efficient

We have had a hydrotherm on our house for over 5 years. It has been very reliable and efficient. I recently purchased two more for a development I did. My tenants should save a lot of money on their electricity!

I really want to give these units 5 stars, but the only reason I can't is that the new ones are quite noisy compared to the older ones - the fan appears to spin a lot faster which is not ideal where houses are on very close proximity. Not sure if fan speed can be adjusted?

If noise isn't an issue, then I recommend you buy one.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,600.00.

Chris28

Great. Thankyou De Wet! That will make a huge difference. I'll give you a call later in week. Your customer service is fantastic as always!

Sam G.

Sam G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great hot water

We love our hot water system, perfect hot water all the time. Great company, our hot water is perfect. Great guys who are very helpful. We rate them highly. Thanks

Happy Hydrotherm customer!

Our house came with a Hydrotherm Heat Pump when we purchased it, which lasted many years. We had the Dynamic system installed in late June and this is our bill for the 3 months since. Huge reduction of 33% less than same time last year and is clearly reducing energy consumption as the weather is heating up. This is great proof of Hydrotherms efficiency. The larger 275L tank is suitable for our family of 4 and we havent had any issues with with hot water supply or temperatures during peak usage times. If it was a little less noisy during pump times it would be a 5 star rating.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,500.00.

Great value for money

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Great before sales service. Works well, good controls.

I read extensively about heat pumps after one was recommended by a supplier. After narrowing down to a few choices based on good reputation, I found that the Hydrotherm unit was the right balance of quality, reputation and price. I contacted them directly for further information such as install location and orientation, and they happily provided it. The most memorable part was their history of detailed technical engagement on the Whirlpool forums, which was key to making a decision. The unit has worked fine since installation.

Purchased in August 2018 for $2,300.00.

Neville Hill

Neville HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

The ability to reduce electricity costs and maintain desired hot-water volumes meets with today's expectations.

We are standard 4 adult family; with additional family members at various times and this unit has the capacity to provide excellent resources at required water temperatures.
All this at less than 25% of the cost of identical hot water supplies of the past.

Purchased in June 2019.

Great energy efficient system

Purchased in May 2019.

Ellaasked

Would you please ask for or enter the locality of the person reporting as this is important for how heat pump may work in different climate
Say Melbourne or Northern Vic etc
It is often listed but not always

Sue Brown

Hi Ella, we live on the northern rivers of New South Wales and are finding the system to be an efficient water heater.

ChristineCrozier

HI, I live in Salisbury Brisbane and have purchased 3 heat pumps over the past 5 years. I noticed considerable reduction in water heating costs throughout this time. Would not consider any other hot water system.

Thankyou for that
I was actually asking for that info to be stated in each person's comments but it must be optional
We do have neighbours in Melbourne with a htdrotherm and so far they are happy with it

F Maher

F Maherasked

I have sent three emails to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and still no response after more than 40 days!! Any reason?
I thought that’s better to ask a question before leaving a bad review.

Hi F Maher,

Please can you check your emails for a request for you contact details so we can follow this up for you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I will follow up your request as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Jon

Jonasked

Hi. We have a hydrotherm system but over the last few days the alarm keeps going off continually, creating complaints from our neighbours. The water still heats but the alarm will not stop.

Jon A.
Jon A.

Hi,
Oddly enough just days after I posted my review I've had a problem with my Hydrotherm Volt unit. The alarm kept going off and annoying my neighbours. On the control panel (lower right hand of the screen) where the temperature normally is - you'll see a number A1 - A5. These are the Alarm Error Codes. Check which alarm error code you're getting and then call Hydrotherm and they'll be abel to advise on the best solution. I had an A5 last week and it was quite easy to reset the Low/High Pressure switch which has fixed that problem. However, I've since discovered there is a leak in the tank. I contacted Hydrotherm to activate the Warranty and while the contact staff have been fantastic the people looking after the Warranty have been less obliging. They demanded various photos, the original Credit Card receipt from 5 years ago, the original Solar Certificate and so on. Luckily I managed to find these documents but it appears the 15 years Warranty has so many exclusions I may have trouble getting it replaced or fixed under their service agreement. I'll keep you posted.

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives