• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

Dan

DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

pressure issues maybe with hydrotherm

Hi there I have only got water issues after installing this unit on the 8th May 2020,not to sure if it’s the unit ? Low hot water pressure in whole house, cold water pressure is great any help would be great

Dan

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,499.00.

Hydrothetm

Great product and service is excellent. I rely on it every day and my electricity bill has been reduced. I would recommend this product to anyone. Warreny is excilent and staff are great.

Purchased in November 2019.

BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever

We had a Hydrotherm heat pump hotwater system installed approx 6 years ago. Simon had to replace parts in it once or twice a year. He got so sick of it he refunded the his cost of system so we were out of his hair. never again. Bill

Brett Doig

Brett DoigSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am really enjoying the Hydrothermal as I really enjoyed the consistency of hot water and cheeper power bill.

The power bill has dropped as well from my previous hot water system and the water is Always hot and I can’t complain.

The cost of it was reasonable as well.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$790.00.

Rob

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far very happy!

Energy bill is down about 150 bucks per quarter. So it should pay off itself within a few years time. Works very well so far! I would recommend this unit.

Purchased in October 2019 at Hydrotherm for A$1,800.00.

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Overall an energy efficient unit

Very noisy. Take hours to get to set temperture once you have utelized hot water.
e.g. A bath takes in excess of 3 hours. Overall seems very energy efficient. Priced well.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$1,950.00.

Sue BrownRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Practical, efficient energy user,

Copes well with demand, had to adjust timer only once, Regulates water temperature well, we are very happy with the Hydrotherm’s functionality, does need an external position due to operational noise

Purchased in September 2019.

Paul Hamilton

Paul HamiltonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well...mild hum, screws rusting.

Works well, not sure about any improvements in power consumption as yet. Installed 6 months ago and external screws have rusted quite a lot. Not sure if this reflects the quality inside the unit. We are 200m from the beach.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,300.00.

ChristineCrozierSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never buy any other hot water system! Hydrotherm is the best!

Since September, 2014, I have had 3 Hydrotherm heat pumps installed at 3 different properties. They have outperformed two other well known brands which I will never have to use again and which I had ongoing problems with which could not be rectified, After researching, I found Hydrotherm and so glad I did - great cost savings and still working a treat. The other systems had numerous problems from the outset. Hydrotherm has not skipped a beat - perfect! When I need to replace other hot water systems, I will immediately go to Hydrotherm and recommend them without any reservations or hesitation! Cost savings in the capital outlay, the running costs and electricity savings.

Purchased in September 2014 for A$800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Braj Raj Pande

Braj Raj PandeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good system

On economy mode hot water runs out by evening
Should have timer system to switch on and off unit according to need
We have have to run it on Non Economy mode, then continuous hot water is available
Overall very satisfied

Purchased in May 2019 at Hydrotherm for A$2,000.00.

Kate Gleeson

Kate GleesonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for our family

We are a family of four and never run out of hot water. The system is working well with our solar to keep our home as energy efficient as possible.

Purchased in June 2019 at Plumber for A$800.00.

Martin P.

Martin P.South East Queensland, QLD

Nice product... But

The plastic lugs that make the insulation hidden within the tank popped out, and it doesn't look great. I suspect this would have a simple solution, but I think it spoils an otherwise good product thus far. Still need yet to see if it is more efficient than off peak meter, or if it can be used on that meter. That information would be good to know based on tests.

Purchased in August 2019 at Plumber for A$1,800.00.

Elaine

ElaineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very reliable system

Have not had any problems with this heater , and we do not have solar so it does not cost a lot to run.
Only thing I found it is a bit loud when it comes on at night.

Purchased in August 2019.

Great system

We have never had any issues with this system or shortage of hot water. Looks great too. This was by far the best value for money we could find. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in July 2019.

Scottsworld

ScottsworldSouth East Queensland, QLD

Runs on the smell of an oily rag

Cannot believe how good this hot water system turned out to be. In the first quarter after (winter) installation my electricity bill went down by over $250. Household of 4 adults.
I don’t have solar power, just full-tariff regular QLD electricity. I also haven’t bothered to fiddle with settings yet to make it only run in daytime (when more heat is in air). Tweaking winter run times would probably cost me even less!?
Noise of fan running isn’t as loud as people made out. Fist few nights I could faintly notice it. Now, I never do.

Only downside is how expensive tradies are - plumber to install. Around $1300.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,695.00.

joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient hot water system Thornlands QLD

Purchased in October 2013.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Cheap Hot Water

Purchased in July 2019 for A$1,845.00.

Happy with the product

Unit works well and temperature doesnt fluctuwaite. Only complaint i have is noise and the time it takes to get up to temperature. The salesman was informative and reliable regarding delivery time

Chris28SYDNEY

Reliable and Efficient

We have had a hydrotherm on our house for over 5 years. It has been very reliable and efficient. I recently purchased two more for a development I did. My tenants should save a lot of money on their electricity!

The fan on this unit was initially loud, compared to the older ones, but Hydrotherm helped me adjust it and now it is quiet.

I recommend these units.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$1,600.00.

Chris28

Great. Thankyou De Wet! That will make a huge difference. I'll give you a call later in week. Your customer service is fantastic as always!

Sam G.

Sam G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great hot water

We love our hot water system, perfect hot water all the time. Great company, our hot water is perfect. Great guys who are very helpful. We rate them highly. Thanks

Purchased in July 2019.

Dirk S.asked

Hydrotherm

Hi we have Hydrotherm tank reads 60deg and reads full but no hot water is coming out , any ideas thanks in advance Derek

Bill

It will be sensor at the top of the system. When we had a system installed the sensor would fail at least once a year. If you brought the system from a plumber, my advice is if it is still under warranty I would be to get them to fix it. Don't let them palm you off onto hydrotherm. If you got system from hydrotherm you will probably have continuous trouble with sensor failure. We are getting a different system. Bill

Thanks Bill

Hi Dirk,

I believe that you have already been in touch with Hydrotherm regarding the issue you had with your system. Just as reference to others, we can be contacted for servicing on 1300 76 904 or at service@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au.

Kind Regards,
DeWet from Hydrotherm

Lisa T.

Lisa T.asked

Hydrotherm

Hi there my system is not heating above 25 degrees Celsius and the fan has been running continuously.

De Wet R.Hydrotherm

Hi Lisa if you contact the office on 1300 769 904 we will be able to assist with diagnosis of issue.

Bill

We brought one of their systems and the first winter we had a sensor problem. If you brought it from a plumber I would suggest that you call them. It sounds like a similar problem too ours. If the plumbers try too get you to call Hydrotherm directly refuse as it is their problem. We rang plumbers and they gave us Simon's number. The plumbers then washed their hands of any responsibility. Hot Water system sensor would fail once or twice a year, mainly in the winter. Hope you have a better run than ours. We are now getting a solar system. Simon payed us out the money for the system so he did not have to deal with us any more. Good luck Bill.

Ellaasked

Hydrotherm

Would you please ask for or enter the locality of the person reporting as this is important for how heat pump may work in different climate
Say Melbourne or Northern Vic etc
It is often listed but not always

Sue Brown

Hi Ella, we live on the northern rivers of New South Wales and are finding the system to be an efficient water heater.

ChristineCrozier

HI, I live in Salisbury Brisbane and have purchased 3 heat pumps over the past 5 years. I noticed considerable reduction in water heating costs throughout this time. Would not consider any other hot water system.

Thankyou for that
I was actually asking for that info to be stated in each person's comments but it must be optional
We do have neighbours in Melbourne with a htdrotherm and so far they are happy with it

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives