• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

the is ok, bit expensive

instructions for settings could be a lot clearer and more informative, installer left it to me to set up.He left it on auto.bottom valve leaks all the time otherwise I'm happy ,only 2 of us

Adrienne Mercer
Adrienne MercerSouth East Queensland, QLD

AWESOME

Once we figured out we had to press the "go"button, recommended installer failed to return call for 2 weeks, its been fabulous with our new solar panels - happy happy. There are 6 of us and never an issue.

Geoff
Geoff

Highly Recommended (Some Minor Quibbles)

Simo L.
Simo L.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect hot-water system for energy saving

Serg G.
Serg G.Perth, WA

A very good quality heat pump and service

A very good quality product and great service. We are in WA as we had been looking to replace an old and small electric storage hot water system. In comparison with other offers, Hydroterm was outstanding in terms of warranty so decided to have a go. The system was delivered right in time and it's an easy unit for a certified plumber and an electrician to install.

A heat pump is very quiet. Have set it up to work on schedule from from 10am to 5pm, but usually it takes just 3-4 hours a day to keep up with 60 degrees programmed. Looking forward to see next power bill!

HydrothermHydrotherm

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Jipped and angry
Jipped and angryMelbourne

Large capacity Hot water service, very electricity efficient

Has been in operation for a year and half now, (August 2020) without any problem. Has high capacity servicing large house. Quiet operation, very power efficient. Keep Warm function works well. Easy to use controls. Sturdy construction and Australian Made. Looks fit to service property for many years. Very affordable freight cost from Queensland to Victoria.

Stephen
StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

fantastic hot water unit

extremely pleased with the performance of this heat pump hot water unit, water temp is constant during use and offers a great warranty,and could not get a more efficient pleasant company to deal with many thanks

Graham
GrahamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent heat pump unit for price

Run 11am-5pm & meets demand for family of 4 in metro Melbourne. Only critique is top of unit, where rain pools within indented lid design. Efficiency great - electric boost not required

jjulianp
jjulianpSydney, NSW

Low-cost Hydrotherm hot water

Our Hydrotherm was installed 7 months ago, and has performed flawlessly, always ready to produce hot water. We replaced a gas fired system, so now we don't use gas at all, saving $600 a year. In summer, the Hydrotherm mostly runs every other day, more often in winter; and as it is programmed to run only when the roof panels are running at high production, our hot water is very low cost. I researched all similar units I could find, Hydrotherm had the best combination of excellent warranty and specification I could find; I have not been disappointed. Hydrotherm were great to deal with, and the installation was excellent. Highly recommended.

John McLucas
John McLucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top Hot water system

This is a great hot water system. Bigger than my previous Hydrotherm, it gives unlimited hot water, and just as cheap to run. Add to this a great staff.. One cannot go wrong.

Richard Bond
Richard BondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome. Really cheap to run. Now I pay $5 a month for my hot water

Absolutely love this. No complaints at all. Very happy with the unit. There Has been a very good drop in my electricity bills. It looks great and works well and the installation was quick

jmill104
jmill104South East Queensland, QLD

Honestly! price, customer service & product are perfect! I highly recommend over other brands, happy customer.

The Hydrotherm 260L heat pump replaced an old electric 80L tank & WOW! Super hot water (perfect for winter!), it never runs out of hot water unlike smaller tanks! I can’t wait for the next power bill to see the saving too!

Also my tank is installed in the garage (I live in a small duplex) there is no noise issues & as an added bonus it cools the garage & helps to dry my cloths that I air dry in there too (heat pumps systems circulate the air & pulls moisture from the surrounding air)

Product 10/10. Customer Service 10/10. Price For Product 10/10. I haven’t received a power bill yet for Savings ?/?. IF I can edit this review I’ll try and update in the future.

Ad

Replacement Electric to Heat Pump Hot Water (Hydrotherm)

Installed a new Hydrotherm in April to replace our old electric water heater. Still early to tell on savings but from what I have read we should see a drop in power bills.
The plumber installed it in the same position as our old heater using the existing piping and base as it's similar in size.
System took around three hours to reach 60 degrees the first day and since then we haven’t run out of hot water.
Haven’t noticed any noise issues like other reviews, having it installed outside I can’t hear when it turns on or when it's heating, even at night.
The price for me was a big factor being $500 - $1000 less then other brands, maybe being a local company helps them be competitive.

Hydrothetm

Great product and service is excellent. I rely on it every day and my electricity bill has been reduced. I would recommend this product to anyone. Warreny is excilent and staff are great.

Bill
BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever

We had a Hydrotherm heat pump hotwater system installed approx 6 years ago. Simon had to replace parts in it once or twice a year. He got so sick of it he refunded the his cost of system so we were out of his hair. never again. Bill

Zoe Byron
Zoe Byronasked
Hydrotherm

Just got a Dynamic X8 hot water system. Great Machine. Is it possible to set timers so it runs from 6am-8am, then later on, say 11.30pm-4pm.
That way, we have hot water in the morning ready for peak demand. But majority of heating still happens when ambient air temperatures are at their highest, later in the day.

Question 1. Is it possible to have two timer settings?
Question 2. Would this make a difference to power usage? Or are best best just leaving the settings the way they are (7am - 5pm)

Hi Zoe,

Great questions there, please see the following:

Q1. Yes, you can set up to three different periods with our in-built timers.

Q2. Your power usage is really dependent on how much hot water you are using. Unless you have a high hot water demand, you should be able to get away with just one timer period, between 11:30 and 16:00. This is a good period as you said, because it’s the hottest times of the day. One thing to note is that because there is little heat loss of the stored hot water, heating the 260L of hot water should be sufficient until the next day. Obviously this won’t be the case if you’ve used up the hot water.

If you need assistance with setting the timers, please give us a call on 1300 769 904 or see the following link:

Kind Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Min
Minasked

Hello,
Do you provide Hydrotherm hot water unit and installation in Sydney area?
I am living in Sydney , but what I heard is you only provide this heat pump unit in QLD.
Please let me know which company provides this unit in Sydney. Many thanks.

Hi MIn,

Thanks for getting in touch. We certainly do provide heat pumps in Sydney. Please can you give us a call on 1300 769 904 or email to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au with your details so we can follow this up for you.

Kind regards,
The Hydrotherm Team.

Lachy
Lachyasked

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can tell me exactly (or even approximately) how much power the Hydrotherm pulls?
I know it must be connected to 240V mains.
But looking to run it through a solar system.

Any help is much appreciated.
Cheers

Hi Lachy,

The DYNAMIC/X8 draws a max of 0.9kWh, it depends on the stage of the heating cycle. In the majority of households, we'd recommend using the factory default timers of 09:00 to 17:00.

Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives

Compare all 4 Hydrotherm
Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Hydrotherm Volt-SS/X6/C

Hydrotherm Volt-SS/X6/C

Hydrotherm Rapid-SS/X4/OP

Hydrotherm Rapid-SS/X4/OP

CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage Systems
Price (RRP) $1,495.00$1,795.00$1,795.00$1,795.00