Listing monitored by Hydrotherm

• Heating Speed

craigs902
craigs902South East Queensland, QLD

Great system

We had an old large (30yrs) water system, so when we upgraded to solar and batteries it just made sense to fib the same thing with our hot water system. After a lot of digging around and reading other reviews we decided on the Hydrotherm unit. With the built in digital timer & temp control we’ve been able to set it during peak solar collection to heat our water. with it’s extremely low energy consumption we hardly notice it on the solar meter. Talk about a great investment. Nice 60°c hot water all the time. With 2 teenage daughters we never run out of hot water.

Date PurchasedAug 2019

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Good product so far but installation did not leave the unit plumb

Good unit for hot water. Power usage to date is comparable with previous Dux unit. 15 year guarantee is far beyond other unit presumed due to due to stainless steel tank. However installation was not the best and the unit left out of plumb. Had to correctct myself.

Overall I recommend this unit.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

A very reliable product and excellent customer service.

I have this Hydrotherm unit installed for six years now and had been really happy with it until recently there were few minor faults occurred. I contacted Hydrotherm on the weekend and by Monday, Chris Farthing came and carried out a very professional overhaul of the unit. It is now up and running and perform much better than before.
Thanks Chris.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Grant
GrantBrisbane

So far, very good

If you want to save money and not run out of hot water, it can take a little tweaking. I set mine to run during peak solar, raised the heating trigger temperature to make sure it didn't miss heating in the window allowed and I've not run out of hot water since. Definite savings on the electricity, almost halved my bill! Guess it's early days for a hot water system, but very happy so far!

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Sarah
SarahIpswich

So great

We have it set to run along side our solar hours, and a 2 hour buffer window at night to deal with night/morning showers and dishes. Has lived up to every expectation. You get used to the noise, just as if the air conditioner was running outside. Saved us a lot of money

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Alf
AlfGympie Qld 4570

Met all of my expectations

Being able to chose the 60 to 90 minutes a day it runs to supply the hot water needs of my 3 adult household and having timers on 2 freezers so they don't run at the selected timed, I am able to maximize cost saving by ensuring the solar panels I have are producing all the power needed for hot water and more to the grid.
The unit copes well with our demands which are really not high or extended.
Haven't noticed any temperature fluctuations. Water is off the roof tank with electric pump pressure.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jeanclaude Gharib
Jeanclaude GharibSydney, NSW

"AAA" Professional service. will always recommend!!!

we havent had any issues so far with both units, and I'm sure we will not have any problems in the future. We are very pleased with the product and the way it functions and it actually does the job better than we thought it would. it heats up very quickly

Robyn
Robyn

Great product

We have had no trouble with the Hydrotherm at all. In fact we have purchased two in the last couple of years for different houses. Any questions before purchase were immediately answered by the manager/owner. The hydrotherm runs efficiently in the background without us having to do anything. The settings are easy to use, and the readings show exactly how hot the water is. It also looks great. Slight noise like A/C unit which was expected. No issues at all. Thanks team.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Great Service

So far so good! After my last system packed it in I approached Hydrotherm for a Heat Pump alternative. Their price point was much better than anyone else, and the installation was quick and stress free. As I'm in real estate, service means everything to me and I cannot speak highly enough of the team...

Happy As
Happy AsRichmond-Tweed, NSW

The amazing hydrotherm

I purchased a Hydrotherm water heater and find it efficient, economical on both water and electricity, even heating, easy to install and a great looking unit. It was recommended by the company that put in our solar system and works beautifully in conjunction with it as so far no electricity charges for the heater.

Energy Efficient & Inexpensive

This is the third Hydrotherm we've purchased. We recommend them to all our clients. Easy to change the timer settings. We never run out of hot water and our power bills aren't too bad. Dealing with Dewet is an absolute pleasure. He is very efficient. Communication is excellent. Very happy customer.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Charlie, Canberra
Charlie, CanberraCanberra

Great. Free hot water.

Easily copes with 2 long showers and 2 loads of washing in 1 day. We live in a cold climate (Canberra) and have had it for 6 months with a very cold winter. No problems at all. By using the inbuilt timer I've set it to heat from 1 pm to 5 pm as needed. This is when the air temperature is highest and the sun brightest, so by using the power from my solar panels it costs me nothing for hot water. Have now disconnected from gas saving me around $300 per year in connection costs alone. Win, win. Very happy.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

After Sales service is of a very high standard

have owned a Hydrotherm Heat pump since late 2012 and have to say that the after sales service is the best I have experienced with any product. I have had on 2 occasions needed to call about alarm going off on the heater and they have talked me through how to reset the pump on 1st occasion and arranged for someone to come out within 3 hrs on the second occasion to look at the sensor. Only other time I needed a call out there was no charge. Kudos to Simon and rest of the staff they are very professional and provide great service

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Dave B
Dave BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent product and great service

Steve-gee
Steve-geeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

An absolutely brilliant unit - with exceptional customer service and support

Works on and off

I have had to contact the installer 4 times in the last 2 years. System stops producing hot water. Panel starts to light up with all sorts of messages. Installed in July 2014. We have had to have cold showers many times. Not happy at all with the product. Very frustrating to come home and have a cold shower.

Fantastic product

Have been very happy with the product after 7 months and have seen significant savings on electricity compared to the previous electric hot water system. Customer support has been fantastic and always answered any questions I had. Would highly recommend this product to anyone considering a new hot water system.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

HydrohatrBrisbane

Buy a Quantum

Have owned Quantum and hydrotherm. Had 10 reliable no fuss years service out of our Quantum HWS before we built and moved to a new place. The builder had put in a Hydrotherm and told us how “great” they were. Well in 2 years we have had 3 installed and another one has packed it in. They are cheap imported junk, don’t waste your money, time and sanity. You have to fight tooth and nail for a warranty claim with threats of fair trading to get any joy and hope you win the Hydrotherm lotto and jag a good unit. If you buy one I wish you good luck!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hydrohatr

I have pm you guys a message for you to contact us.

Looks good sounds industrial

Our water heater works to expectation with better flow than with an earlier model. There was an initial problem caused by a blockage in a filter - but that was sorted by the designated plumber - at our expense I seem to remember. The filter had trapped a small piece of plastic - could have originated during manufacture or when the product was unwrapped.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Garthhm
Garthhm

Excellent product

Have used it for over six months now and meets all expectations.
Very good quality product, well made and of robust design and workmanship.
Noise from compressor is no more noticeable than an air conditioner and does not run for too long to be intrusive.
I would highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good but not perfect

A good unit, however could do with greater capacity, perhaps the temperature could be set higher so that less hot water is required in the mix when showering.

We are a family of three adults and if all three shower around the same time hot water runs out.

I will look at raising the temperature, however 20% more capacity would make this unit ideal for us, I don’t see how this unit could suit a large family.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great Product and service

When it comes to hot water systems, it's not often you would write about the look and design but in the case of Hydrotherm, that is the first thing that comes to mind. It looks apart and works a treat. The best feature is the ability to set timers which allows me to match the running time the unit to the best solar production of the day to offset the electricity cost.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

When you must have the Best. This is It..

Its actually a very stylish slim system. Never heard or seen of this particular product HydroTherm until it was recommended by my plumber.It has suited us as a family of 3 Adults with long showers. Certainly coming under the running cost of my last system, much quieter and over the moon with the purchase price. This is the only system i would ever recommend. And I have :)

Date PurchasedOct 2017

HVACR Books
HVACR BooksRichmond-Tweed, NSW

I love hot showers and cheap power bills

Hydrotherm have the best heat pump on the market!! I am a service tech, and I have been worked on a many brands in the market and have found HydroTherm to be the best most reliable and easy to service system. Give a heat pump a go you will save on your energy bill!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Galileo 1
Galileo 1South East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant Technology

I have only had the heatpump a few weeks, but so far Im pretty impressed.
I have it connected to my solar supply, and have set it to a manual timer so that it turns on to heat the water when my solar is up to its higher production period from 9am till water is heated. It is supplying hot water for 4 adults. We often have family stay in a granny flat (another 2 young adults, which means long showers) and so I set the second timer to turn on for a couple of hours early in the morning to give the water a topup boost. I was pleasantly surprised by its noise level as its not too loud (noisier than air con compressor but less than pool pump) and as it is on mostly in day hours, it doesnt affect us or the neighbours.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jack S
Jack Sasked
Hydrotherm

Hi there. Does anyone know if the hydrotherm systems are available in Tasmania? I’m struggling to find info for suppliers down here. Im looking at getting a hot water system for our new build for a family of 5.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Jack S
I found Hydrotherm very helpful when I originally rang them for some information when I was looking to change my hot water system. The system has worked exactly like they said it would. As to whether they are available in Tasmania I have not idea and would suggest you contact Hydrotherm directly who would be able to advise you correctly.

Hi Jack S,

Judy W is correct, please contact directly on 1300 769 904 and we will be able to assist with your enquiry.

Kind regards,
The Hydrotherm Team.

Zoe Byron
Zoe Byronasked
Hydrotherm

Just got a Dynamic X8 hot water system. Great Machine. Is it possible to set timers so it runs from 6am-8am, then later on, say 11.30pm-4pm.
That way, we have hot water in the morning ready for peak demand. But majority of heating still happens when ambient air temperatures are at their highest, later in the day.

Question 1. Is it possible to have two timer settings?
Question 2. Would this make a difference to power usage? Or are best best just leaving the settings the way they are (7am - 5pm)

Hi Zoe,

Great questions there, please see the following:

Q1. Yes, you can set up to three different periods with our in-built timers.

Q2. Your power usage is really dependent on how much hot water you are using. Unless you have a high hot water demand, you should be able to get away with just one timer period, between 11:30 and 16:00. This is a good period as you said, because it’s the hottest times of the day. One thing to note is that because there is little heat loss of the stored hot water, heating the 260L of hot water should be sufficient until the next day. Obviously this won’t be the case if you’ve used up the hot water.

If you need assistance with setting the timers, please give us a call on 1300 769 904 or see the following link:

Kind Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Min
Minasked

Hello,
Do you provide Hydrotherm hot water unit and installation in Sydney area?
I am living in Sydney , but what I heard is you only provide this heat pump unit in QLD.
Please let me know which company provides this unit in Sydney. Many thanks.

Hi MIn,

Thanks for getting in touch. We certainly do provide heat pumps in Sydney. Please can you give us a call on 1300 769 904 or email to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au with your details so we can follow this up for you.

Kind regards,
The Hydrotherm Team.

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives

Compare all 4 Hydrotherm
Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Hydrotherm Volt-SS/X6/C

Hydrotherm Volt-SS/X6/C

Hydrotherm Rapid-SS/X4/OP

Hydrotherm Rapid-SS/X4/OP

CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage Systems
Price (RRP) $1,495.00$1,795.00$1,795.00$1,795.00