Hyosung GV250 Aquila (2003-2009)

Hyosung GV250 Aquila (2003-2009)

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hyosung

3.8

Buy a Honda

I can't get this bike to stay running. It starts but as soon as you open the throttle it dies. I only have 85 miles on the bike which is practically new, this seems so bizarre! Save your pennies and buy a Honda or Yamaha, it's so unreliable. This is 1950 technology.

Can't get rid of it fast enough

I got my GV250 because it looked pretty and I was really excited to start riding, but I failed to do any real research about them first. I had electrical issues right out of the gate and have been stranded several times. NO GARAGE will even look at it for you, not even the DEALER. There is no reliable support for this bike in the states. I'm trying to sell mine for parts and I still can't get rid of it.

Worst bike I have ever owed

Jonathan B L.
    Jonathan B L.asked

I just bought a hyosung gv250 and the stater is bad would a Honda part go on it?

Drml
    Drmlasked

My motorcycle is a 2008 hysoung gv 250 It starts up fine you can ride for days than there’s days it’s starts up and you cannot go a half mile it turns off would could be the problem? It only runs a few seconds than it’s hell starting back up.

S Dash
    S Dash

I had an intermittent problem with the kickstand switch which did that on one of mine. Had a hell of a time tracking it down. Because it would happen so randomly. Start with cking your ignition system from batt to key switch etc. there are several interlock switches in the system that if they are malfunctioning can shut you down. If you don’t already have one download the repair manual it has a wiring diagram that will help. Hope this helps

Fto
    Ftoasked

I will like to replace the stator and f/f of a gv250 2005 and 2009 model with similar but not authentic hyosung parts as is seems that is the primary issue of the model.What is my options?

DCGULL
    DCGULL

It's been a few years since I did mine (x2), so, please visit www.alternativecruisers.com to find the proper stator. I think a stator from a 1995-1999 Kawasaki EX250 will 'fit' & last forever, but,- they are slightly thinner than stock. I think you mean R/R (Regulator/Rectifier) instead of f/f, and, I recommend www.roadstercycles.com for a replacement. Expensive, but, it'll last forever. They are solid state (MOFSET) and can be purchased in various levels of pre-assembly. Jack (owner) supports whatever he sells, so, he will help you with any questions after the sale as well. Sorry about my lack of memory, but- ACD is a great site with tons of very helpful members discussing the GV250. Remember, on all forums, use the "Search" function before posting a question- it will save you a ton of time and extra effort.

ken
    ken

hyosung has been making Suzuki and Honda engines,under licence for 10 years, so parts should be interchangeable,,
    need to find correct model , hope this helps

Get an answer from our members and Hyosung representatives

CategoryCruiser Bikes and Learner Approved Bikes