3Hyosung GV650 Aquila Sport EFI

Hyosung GV650 Aquila Sport EFI Questions & Answers

Shane W.
Shane W.

Why does my Hyousung gv650 keep blowing the fuse when I hit the fuel pump switch.

Deleice D.
Deleice D.

My hyosung aquila pro gv650 is radiator overheating and i dont know what is causing the problem. Any ideas?

Moses J.
Moses J.

What causes Hyosung aquila pro gv650 toover heat?

Barry b

I am looking for a 650 gt motor for my cruser 2011 model new or old motor .

Can you fit 1200 harley motor to the Aquila 650

Siegie S.
Siegie S.

I have a gv650 and it starts but das not want to pick up ref it dies when I tray. Any ideas?

Roley

It could be one of a few things…. Week fuel pump blocked fuel filter, faulty ECU, failing Injectors, failed TPS, either way it is an electrical issue that controls you fuel system.

Giridran N.

Is the GV650 Aquila pro a Prototype cos it sits on a Suzuki SV650 engine and specs have been upgraded like double overhead cams, double front disc, belt driven and having a bhp of 74 which exceeds most midrange cruisers...

Geir B.
Geir B.

Hi. I have a GV650, 2006 mod., with a broken engine. The front cylinder is broken, and I do not know the condition of the rest. I have the possibility to buy a 2011 engine from a dismantled bike. Does anyone know if this will fit in the 2006 frame?

Cooper C.
Cooper C.

Hi there. I have a 2009 GV650 efi. Its never been a smooth ride at low speeds but just recently its started hunting/surging quite badly at every rev apart from tick over which is nice and steady. this problem arose after it developed a fuel leak from the main feed pipe. Removed the pipe to inspect and found no reason why. Replaced everything and the problem started. Then the fuel pipe betwen throttle bodies started leaking so I replaced that but the issue is still present.
When accelerating it pulls like a freight train but just wont hold a steady speed or revs. I've recently bought the bike and the previous owner has added too many upgrades and adaptations to list. Its just had a full service apart from valve clearances check. The TPS reads within tolerance and is a nice steady reading through the range.
I know theres not much info to go on here but any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Dean
Dean

Just purchased a gv650 started fine on picking up got home and check come on screen...
Waiting for a direction
Starter sounded a bit rough

Hussain
Hussain

Hello.. I have a Hyosung Aquila Pro which I just purchased brand new last month. However, it is an old stock of 2015. It has zero KMs on the clock. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to fit an RPM counter and gear indicator on it without doing so much miss with the wiring? If yes, how and which types are advisable as there are many advertised online! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hussain.

Ricky T.
Ricky T.

Hi my 2010 gv650 will start and run perfectly fine but as soon as I click it into gear it won’t move as I release the clutch it doesn’t do anything like it’s stuck in neutral any suggestions

Angus C.
Angus C.

make sure the stand is up

Reggae T.
Reggae T.

hi I have a 2014 gv650
when I'm get riding and pull the throttle for extra power its start to pick up then all of a sudden starts high revving almost like I've pulled the clutch, I change gear and carrying on pulling away in that gear and depending on how hard im pulling the throttle back it might stay high revving again bit like and automatic slipping transmission any idea what this issue is and where do I start

Gaurav M.
Gaurav M.

Hi guys, my 2014 Hyusung GV 650 having starting issues, battery seems to be working all right as per RACQ guy but the bike won’t crank up although I could hear the fuel pump going when ignition switch is pressed. Need help starting my bike.

Roley

The simple things to check are the battery leads and the connections then with the starting issues you have a fuse apart from that the starter solenoid could be faulty. Bad earth connections could be at fault as well or a starter relay. If all these things check out all okay then a trip to a shop might be in order.

Jenny

Hi I have a hyosung gv 650 Aquila 2010 I have changed the regulator & stator it will wind over but not start we even put the old one back in & it’s doing the same thing if anyone could help me please

Jenny

Hi i have a hyosung gv650 aquila 2010 i changged the regulater & stater it will wind over but not start

Steve P.
Steve P.

Same problem but my neutral light works but the led display isn't working

Bruce B.
Bruce B.

My hyosung 700aquila turns over when I connect the battery with ignition off.any help please.

Roley

Hi back Bruce....Sound like some one has played with the wires as this should not happen at all. And if no one has touched the electrical circuit for the starter then this is very odd. Ideas well this is how it should be. And that is …. Starter switch connected to a relay and this relay is only power up when the key is in the on position. The starter relay needs direct feed to the battery as this relay will power up the starter motor. A relay is used for starter motors so a small easy to locate starter switch can be mounted anywhere and this small switch sends just enough power to trigger the relays contacts inside that is able to transfer a large amount of current to any device in this case a starter motor.

Afzal K.

Hi mates, i am getting a good deal on GV650 2016 model, and its my 1st bike. I have a general question.. is it a good bike to own or gives frequent issue. or should i look for more common brand such as honda / yamaha etc.

Giridran N.

Hi there Afzal, I recently bought the GV650 say more than a year ago and in my opinion the bike is amazing. It has better specs than any other mid range in its class and I have enjoyed riding it. It looks really good and the power it has and the comfort is amazing. I service and get it checked when need to and haven't had any issues with the bike so far. Perhaps on later there may e teething issues but that happens with all bikes. It's a heavy bike and I like it, cos it gives me stability. It takes corners really well, but bearing in mind it's low and may scrape your foot rest. It's belt driven and I love the response it has. For the price you pay for being a not so popular brand, it's real value. I had also used a Honda CB750, a Kawasaki GPZ1100 and also a Suzuki GSX1100. They are all great bikes, buy I bought them during the 80's when I started riding. I stopped riding for about 30 years and decided to ride again. So I wanted a cruiser and the GV650 was perfect at this point of my life. I want to enjoy riding this bike for a while before I upgrade perhaps to the Honda CB1100 RS. The GV650 would be a great bike to enjoy perhaps for good number of years. Safe riding Afzal....

google g.
google g.

is inderdaad en goede fiets met krachtige motor die de meeste cruisers overtreft, geen hard rijder maar heeft power genoeg en kan wel heerlijk op snelweg meekomen. sinds kort in europa maar doet niet onder voor de rest. comfort is goed , ook voor medepassagier, zou wel rugsteun aanbevelen vanwege kracht tijdens optrekken. geweldige fiets rijd er met plezier op.

Afzal K.

Hi Giridran, sorry for late response but thanks for the detailed explanation. Wish you safe riding. Enjoy.

Afzal K.

Thanks for the response Google g.

Jason t
Jason t

Hi bought a 2011 with 5300klms stater stopped charging so bought replacement it was slightly bigger than old one so changed the magneto also, bike is running badly wont idol fl light staying on and losing power and popping, I've also since changed fuel pump and filter spark plugs ,rectifier all these problems started after i changed stater and magneto is it likely that the timing is slightly out due to larger stater and magneto as this is what it feels like

Wilson
Wilson

Hi I have a 2011 Hyosung GV650 that keeps blowing the 30 amp fuse any help would be appreciated thanks in advance..

Roley

Hi Wilson, what comes to mind is to blow a fuse in the system is either a dead short takes place or the other option is the power being pulled through the fuse was far more in current than it was designed for.
Confirm that the 30 amps fuse you install each time is the correct amperage in its rating. A pop and the fuse have blown the instance you install it indicates a dead short. A fuse that stays intact for an amount of time and does not brake instantly will be from high current draw.
A quickly failed fuse you are looking at broken wires touching the body and something that has total failure. And the drawn-out fuse fail would be something that does pull power off of the system but is creating tremendous resistance And that’s things like the starter motor ECU, Lights fuel pump and injection systems.
I hope this helps.Roley.

Get an answer from our members and Hyosung representatives