Disappointed

Franchise UsedCastle Hill 2154, The Hills Shire, Sydney, NSW, AU
Unhappy
Unhappy

Unprofessional.

Went to Crossroads Westbourne Park SA. Must say I wasn't impressed at all especially the way it was run. Very unprofessional. A waste of $800. Wasn't measured from the start but a few weeks in and then only a couple of times. Wasn't told the actual measurements or what weight I was. I noticed that I measured differently each time, pulled tighter the second time and first time over my T-shirt and next time under. At this stage couldn't even be bothered saying anything . So very disappointed that I didn't even finish my last 3 sessions. Would not recommend at all and especially not at this location.

DEE
DEESouth East Queensland, QLD

Harrassed by aggressive sales tactics

I completed one trial seasion which I very much regret. The session was great but since attending, the staff have been phoning me constantly to purchase a membership. I explained I was away and would purchase membership on my return but the phone calls didn’t stop. The hard-sell approach makes me question the validity of the product and deterred me from every joining Hypoxi - irrespective of the possible results.

AshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Horrible customer service

Bought a package last year when extremely busy doing a teacher placement. Overheard one of the ladies, an older brunette at Cross Roads, saying I am “unkempt”. I remember thinking, are you serious? Like I have time to look good going to the gym, and what’s more, I paid thousands to use this, and here YOU are, treating your customers like crap? Do not recommend this place! And btw I got the same results by eating a healthy diet and doing the FREE Goodlife classes.

Ash

No worries! :) I did like the recipes from the program, so THANK YOU for those.

Mea
MeaPerth, WA

Save your money

Went to 15 sessions and didn’t see any difference. They said I ‘lost’ 2cm off my waist however 2cm difference could mean I was bloated one day then not bloated

Pat
PatSydney, NSW

Waste of money!

Results are minimal... not worth your money! Don’t get sucked in by empty promises and an easy way out because it just doesn’t exists (except for surgery and drugs) so don’t bother, invest that money in personal training sessions, gym membership or other activities, functional training sessions are a cheaper way to get insane results and need the guidance of a PT without paying PT prices.

Jess n
Jess nGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer guidance

Every time I come in there is further miscommunication. Heart rate monitors never work.
Get told I can do things for extra sessions, they go back on this later and claim "under knowledged new girls" if your staff keeps making mistakes the customer shouldn't suffer. Was going to buy more but I am unwilling to keep getting messes around by quite frankly rude staff.

Anonymous
AnonymousAdelaide

Customer service wasn't that great and waste of money ;)

Hated it. Such a waste of money.

Hypoxi was the biggest waste of time and money. I had to pay $2000 and couldn’t even pay that in instalments had to pay it all up front. Then they put you this strict diet. They say it’s only on hypoxi days but you have to go three days a week. And you can’t drink alcohol or eat “badly” for the whole time you’re on hypoxi. So basically you’re paying 2 grand just to eat healthy. I lost about 1cm after this all. You couldn’t see a difference. Had to starve myself before and after sessions and for no results. You would get the same results for eating well and going for light walks which is free. Such a waste of time of money!!!

Michelle
MichelleMODBURY HEIGHTS

Waste of money, they trick you into writing good reviews for free sessions!!!

You get no actual better results than you would at the gym, except you pay 4 times the price, the people are pushy and half the equipment doesn't actually work as it should. If you read good reviews it is because they keep offering you extra sessions to write them and because the sessions are about $60 each people like me get sucked into it.

Kylie
KyliePenrith

Waste of hard earn money !!!

Wasted $700. Didnt lose any weight or centimetres. Kept to their diet. When i questioned them, they kept giving me bull**** excuses of why it wasnt working.

SarahKaye
SarahKaye

Doesn't work and they pay for 5 star.

They are mostly closed, and advertise different hours than what's actually real.
They forget to measure you, they just want more and more and more sessions. I'm a size 10 and just wanted to be more toned. They say to everyone "oh it usually works for people with *** body" but I never saw anyone come back.
Spoke to a FAIR FEW, (over 20) people at the gym and they all got free trial and incentives to do 5 star reviews.

Save your money, go for a run at kangaroo point 3 times a week and do some situps and pushups and you'll loose many kgs for free.

They pay for 5 star reviews.

nomuckingaround
nomuckingaroundMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Awful service, insignificant results

AshWoodcroft

I don’t recommend it.

Very expensive, results are not sustainable. Normally I wouldn’t leave a review but their bribing their customers with a $500 gift voucher if they leave a review, so here I am. It’s unlikely I’ll win the voucher since my review isn’t favourable but it’s the truth. If you want to try this service after reading these reviews, think twice. The reviews are a product of bribery and can also be misleading. Fitness goals are achieved in the gym/kitchen! There is no substitute for hard work!

No results when followed exactly

I went to Hypoxi to help me lose the last little bit of stubborn fat. I already exercised regularly and ate well and was told that I would still see results. I went to all the sessions 3 times a week (I wore the suit and then went on the bike) and followed their eating methods and after everything my measurements did not change a single bit. They said this does not normally happen and offered me a few more sessions, but I had already done so many and so I said I did not want to waste my time any further and if they could offer me some of my money back. They did not, complete waste of my time, effort and money!!
They were very bad at getting back to me once I had finished all my sessions and had no results.

Priyaasked

Hi! I was a member of Hypoxi Moone Pond. I bought 12 classes and was able to finish only 5 last year. Then I was told during the covid lockdown in the month of March that Moone Pond Hypoxi is permanently closing. When I asked about my remaining classes, they said they may extend their closer till June so, that people like me can utilise the remaining passes but it never happened. Now, when I am trying to reach them through their email address, it says the mail id is not found. Please help and advise how can I get my remaining money back.

Hello Priya,
Unfortunately Moonee Ponds has closed its door.
As they are a Franchise studio we have no access to their accounts or client details.
What classes were you doing? Pilates?
If you can please let us know which service you were using with them, that will help us work out what to do.
Look forward to hearing from you.
National Support Team

Priya

Hi! Thank you so much for replying back. I was doing the normal vacuum exercises.

HYPOXI Support TeamHypoxi Australia

Hello Priya, Unfortunately as Moonee Ponds was a franchise studio we cannot offer a refund as we do not have access to their accounts. We believe the owner gave her client files to Sunbury Hypoxi so the first point of call would be to contact Sunbury and ask if they have your client files and if they can service your 8 sessions you have left. They are under no obligation to financially take on clients so it is at their discretion what they choose to do. Sunbury contact details are
HYPOXI Contouring Studio Sunbury
Shop 8, Terrace Shopping Centre, 106-126 Gap Rd,
VIC 3429
T: (03) 8746 9001
We are sorry for this inconvenience and frustration the Franchisee from Moonee Ponds has caused. We were advised that they contacted all their clients but it would appear they have not.
We hope Sunbury can help you out with this matter once they re open.
All the best
National Support Team

ranu.sharma
ranu.sharmaasked

Hi, I just want want to loose 5kg and couple of inches around my waist and thighs. I am a healthy eater but not able to loose that extra kgs doing anything. I am short so even that few kgs stands out. Will I be able to keep off my weight after Hypoxi following the same eating habits and rougly 30 min exercise each day? I have managed this weight for the last 10 yrs or so.

HYPOXI Support TeamHypoxi Australia

Hello and thank you for your email. HYPOXI targets the lower part of your body so if perfect for the area you are wanting to target. We have many clients come in to lose the last 5 kilos as this is the hardest weight to shift. If you follow a healthy diet and exercise everyday then your weight should stay off. The Studio consultant will provide a diet to follow whilst your doing your HYPOXI sessions to maximise your results. The they can look at your diet and make some tweaks for your maintenance after your sessions. If you have a studio in mind you would like to attend it is best to contact them direct and book in for a free session to see if you like it. Have a great day. Kind regards HYPOXI Support Team

Sarah
Sarahasked

I’m planning a to have a baby next year, I’m not pregnant yet but! Is it good to go for this? Does it effects periods?

HYPOXI Support TeamHypoxi Australia

Hello Sarah, Thank you for your enquiry and how exciting you are planning a family! HYPOXI does not affect your periods or you changes of getting pregnant. We have a lot of clients who start using HYPOXI and then need to suspend due to pregnancy. They then start there sessions a couple of months after having bubs to get their pre baby body back. You cannot do HYPOXI whilst pregnant but you can certainly do sessions before and after baby. I hope this answers your questions. HYPOXI Support team

Get an answer from our members and Hypoxi Australia representatives