Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra (page 2 of 5)

MD, XD, HD, etc...

• Features

Angela H

Angela H

Works okay

We bought this car in Year 2016. It is easy to drive on the highway and city. We love this car’s body shape and leather seats, but the seats are very hot in the summer season if I park the car without shades. It’s radio signal and Bluetooth speaker quality are terrible. More than 50% of time, another person cannot hear my voice. Hyundai could not probably solve the problems.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Terry

TerryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great overall package

Have now got 18,000 k's on the clock and is a great car. This is the SR version with the 150kw engine. For the power it has amazing fuel efficiency currently around low 7Lt/100K. Handling is great. Love the paddle shifters, changeable driving modes and lots of other goodies. Only thing that could be improved is the tech with the touch screen a bit basic. Looking forward to the fastback I30N coming for a possible upgrade.

BadgeSR
Date PurchasedMar 2017
CoolC

CoolCGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great and Reliable

We purchased hyundai elantra base model in 2015. It was our first brand new car.

It is a great and reliable drive. Stylish and easy to drive. Boot space is huge compared with similar sedan's and seats are comfortable.

Fuel consumption is good to as it gives 13km per litre and more for long drives.

Worth every dollar.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

SelRap

SelRap

Reliable family car

Great vehicle to drive around town and on the highway. Very quiet engine went stopped at traffic lights or other reasons. I can travel from Bowen to Rockhampton on one tank of fuel. That’s over 600 kms. Easy to parking. Only my cruise control has failed recently. Otherwise all good.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
kathy

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

What a car

This car has everything, its sporty comfortable not noisy has heated electric seats cruise control,great sound system great to drive reliable has never let me down,factory tinted windows,sunroof,reverse camera on the revision mirror CD player in the dash, USB ports economy switch electric mirrors,keyless entry all leather upholstery automatic and manual,just so much going on with this car, sport exhaust, this car is a dream and looks great I added different wheels on it but the original wheels are nice as well hyundi need to bring out a updated version of this it would be the best seller I call mine the top of the range a beautiful car love it mines the MD PREMIUM still holding there value

BadgePremium
Date PurchasedAug 2015
John W

John WCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Could Not be Happier

I pur ahased my car as a demo with 4000km on the clock. I have had it 5 months and could not be happier. It is roomy, econmical and provides a smooth ride. My prevoius car was a Camry and I was looking for something slightly smaller but bigger than a Corolla. The Elantra fits the bill perfectly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
GMAN

GMAN

Cheap but good

Bought as a cheap run-around car. Although it is ageing the trim, carpets, engine, seats are all like new. No engine faults at all and very reliable. Dash is cracking though, due to heat and it has/had some electrical issues such as the central locking and interior lighting failing but I'm not concerned about these as long as the reliability is there.

BadgeGL
Date PurchasedAug 2016
Rob

RobPerth, WA

Disappointing new car experience

We had a disappointing new car experience. Picked up our brand new 2018 Elantra on Friday and an hour after leaving the dealership we turned on the air conditioner, only to realize it's not working. If I realized the air conditioner wasn't working before I handed over my hard earned money, I would not have bought that car and asked for a replacement or full refund. Yeah it's getting fixed now, only after less than 2 hours ownership. Shame on you hyundai and your dealer for selling me a faulty product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jane S

Jane SAU

PERFECT ALL ROUNDER !

Brilliant all rounder. got this car on sale (the special edition model) sure I know its not a real leather interior, but its super comfortable, built well, and for a 20K car feels better than you expect for this price point. The engine is quite and will go when pushed. the gearbox is silky smooth and ride is great. The seats are very supportive and conformable. The bot space is simply amazing and the biggest of this class of car. 60,000kms now and not a single fault, rattle, or anything.

BadgeTrophy

17/11/2015 (173,192 k’s) Handbrake cable needs replacing $226.81
25/8/2016 Rocker cover gasket needs replacing $163.85
23/3/2017 Needs another radiator $340.00
Sold vehicle in April 2017 approx 187,000 k’s

Top of radiator is plastic and it is crimped to the metal radiator core. Radiator heats up and cools down and after a while plastic top can separate from core and allow coolant to run out.
Performance was good and fuel wise it was cheap to run.

BadgeGLS
Date PurchasedNov 2014
Alfreddo

AlfreddoHunter Region, NSW

A cheap, small car, with few problems and good air con.

Handles well,and is easy on the pocket, do hear some tyre noise.
When moving from stop say at roundabout it is not as smooth as I would like. The interior is well fitted, but having lower back problem, I find it hard to get out, especially in a parking area where door can't be fully opened.
I have had a few problems in the early days, one being after putting my shopping in the boot on an extremely hot day, the car wouldn't start. Called road service, but they thought I was in N.T. and didn't dispatch to my locality.
On taking the car to the dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong. Then in the winter there was black smoke from the exhaust, again dealer couldn't find any problem.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Simple and Elegant

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Ann

AnnSydney

great car with great price

I bought this car in 2013 as a second hand. Great price and I never had any problem with it. Very economic and no fancy expensive features. It has all we need as a family of three. The space in the back is enoght for two people and not big enough for more than two. We select Elantra over i45 and I guess it was a good selection

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Suhail Anu

Suhail AnuSouth East Queensland, QLD

descent car

needs repairs from time to time, although has been a good car .. space seems to be less at the back boot is big and nice but the blue tooth dies very often twice replaced.. :( that was painful...three times replaced is too much broken now I have decided not pay any more on that.. as they told 150 for defect detection...

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Karen

KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Some finishing and comfort issues

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
CoolLL

CoolLLMelbourne

Great car for a mid range

Just picked up my 2017 Hyundai Elantra, excited to be in a car that has all the mod cons in technology and style. Great safety features air bags asll round. Fantastic capped price warranty for 5 years unlike the higher priced vehicles. Free roadside assist which provides greater control on costs and security when on the road.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Andy

AndyAdelaide

Great car , hard to fault

I have owned my Elantra since new ( bought in 2012) and the only problem I've had is brakes grinding under very hard braking which went away after changing pads to Bendix, I changed the original 15 inch wheels to 17 inch alloys which really improved the handling, overall very impressed

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Christine Saw

Christine SawWellington

Great low maintenance car

I have own quite a few cars since and Hyundai Elantra has been the best, I'm still driving it at the moment, very low cost to run. fuel efficiency, not many things to worry about really. The only thing is bluetooth speaker not working as great as others. I have also recommended my brother to get one. :) Great family car with not much problem and very low cost to run. Don't expect a high end luxury feel to it though as it is not.

Date PurchasedJune 2011
KBX

KBXmelbourne

Good family car

If you are looking for a nice and comfortable car, Hyundai Elantra is the car to go. It looks luxurious from the outside but it's actually fairly affordable. We have driven the car to road trips and haven't got any problem so far. We have also used it a few times to help our friends move.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016