22Hyundai Elantra

78%11%11%

Alfreddo
AlfreddoHunter Region, NSW9 posts
  AD

A cheap, small car, with few problems and good air con

Handles well,and is easy on the pocket, do hear some tyre noise.

When moving from stop say at roundabout it is not as smooth as I would like. The interior is well fitted, but having lower back problem, I find it hard to get out, especially in a parking area where door can't be fully opened.

I have had a few problems in the early days, one being after putting my shopping in the boot on an extremely hot day, the car wouldn't start. Called road service, but they thought I was in N.T. and didn't dispatch to my locality.

On taking the car to the dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong. Then in the winter there was black smoke from the exhaust, again dealer couldn't find any problem.

Culprit
CulpritGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts
Maximo101
Maximo101Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts
  AD Active
Ann
AnnSydney4 posts
  MD

great car with great price

I bought this car in 2013 as a second hand. Great price and I never had any problem with it. Very economic and no fancy expensive features. It has all we need as a family of three. The space in the back is enoght for two people and not big enough for more than two. We select Elantra over i45 and I guess it was a good selection

Suhail Anu
Suhail AnuSouth East Queensland, QLD21 posts

descent car

needs repairs from time to time, although has been a good car .. space seems to be less at the back boot is big and nice but the blue tooth dies very often twice replaced.. :( that was painful...three times replaced is too much broken now I have decided not pay any more on that.. as they told 150 for defect detection...

Karen
KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts
CoolLL
CoolLLMelbourne6 posts
  AD Elite

Great car for a mid range

Just picked up my 2017 Hyundai Elantra, excited to be in a car that has all the mod cons in technology and style. Great safety features air bags asll round. Fantastic capped price warranty for 5 years unlike the higher priced vehicles. Free roadside assist which provides greater control on costs and security when on the road.

Andy
AndyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts
  MD

Great car , hard to fault

I have owned my Elantra since new ( bought in 2012) and the only problem I've had is brakes grinding under very hard braking which went away after changing pads to Bendix, I changed the original 15 inch wheels to 17 inch alloys which really improved the handling, overall very impressed

Kath
KathNortheast, VIC21 posts

Fantastic little car

This car is a joy to drive it had all the extras that you would want reversing camera sat nav blue tooth..It handles the roafs well for a small car..Running costs are fantastic I have sabed heaps on fuel...HYUNDAI after care is also great.I have had a warranty claim that they handled very quickly

Christine Saw
Christine SawVictoria6 posts

Great low maintenance car

I have own quite a few cars since and Hyundai Elantra has been the best, I'm still driving it at the moment, very low cost to run. fuel efficiency, not many things to worry about really. The only thing is bluetooth speaker not working as great as others. I have also recommended my brother to get one. :) Great family car with not much problem and very low cost to run. Don't expect a high end luxury feel to it though as it is not.

KBX
KBXmelbourne7 posts

Good family car

If you are looking for a nice and comfortable car, Hyundai Elantra is the car to go. It looks luxurious from the outside but it's actually fairly affordable. We have driven the car to road trips and haven't got any problem so far. We have also used it a few times to help our friends move.

O Rahat
O RahatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC11 posts

Poor service. Bluetooth issue

Comming from VW. I had a golf and bought the Elentra from dealer this year. Running cost reasonably cheap. Reliability still not sure.

Main concern: Poor and unreliable service. My car bluetooth mic is not working properly. When the car is running people from the other end can't hear me properly. I got my car serviced at mentone Hyundai recently and told them about the bluetooth issue. Post servicing the mechanic told me that they couldn't find any issue with the bluetooth but they have updated the system and that should solve my problem. But it didn't. It's not fixed and the problem still exists. I never had this with vw. If there is a problem then they will fix it. I wanted to buy hyundai tucson but changed my mind after this.

TREV
TREVsydney16 posts

Love My Car

I have had my new elantra for only 4 m0nths and already have 7500 kilometres on the clock.

Have travelled to Melbourne and Brisbane and the driving experience was faultless.

A smooth, quite ride with all the gadgets that are included in most cars these days and I know I have nothing to worry about whenever I take to the road.

Fairly priced, economical to run and coming with a good warranty, I am always happy to recommend our new hyundai.

alyssa
alyssaPerth5 posts

Great FamilyCar

The driving experience is great but the engine isn't as powerful as it should be. This makes driving up hills quite difficult at times, large ones especially. The car isn't that noise but I haven't had it for long so it may be. The steering wheel at times can jerk a little as well. These are all little things after all with overall the driving experience being okay to great. The interior is very slick, there's lots of leg room for me and I'm quite tall. The back seats also provide lots of room which is why this car is great for families. Lastly, it's very cheap to run and can stand the test of time.

Martin
MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Spacious and efficient

Wanted a larger car than our little hatch for a family of four but without the gas guzzling reputation of the larger sedans. The Elantra has plenty of space, a very large boot and is kind at the bowser. It's comfortable, quiet and styling is great. The sun roof stopped working though that may be more to do with the kids playing with it. A good all round car for those who want space in a mid-sized car.

Eli
EliSydney8 posts

Not powerful engine

I am not satisfied with the performance. The engine is not as powerful as what should be. It's very noisy when you want to accelerate however, In terms of Physical Appearance, I could say , It could be in luxury and beautiful cars category. 5 years Manufactory warranty is another positive thing about this car

Chookadook
Chookadooknoyb14 posts

Never skipped a beat

I have had my Hyundai Elantra for about 14 years now, it has never had any issues, only minor general services, it's never broken down, its zippy, has excellent pick up and performance, reliable and still starts first go, even on cold mornings. This has honestly been the best car I've ever own. Built to last, I can not say anything negative about it.

Lou
LouPerth5 posts

Great car

This car drive beautiful, smooth and good, the interior is good plenty of room front and read, I particular brought this sedan as I needed to have two baby seats in the back, and they fit beautifully, with room for another person inbetween, (though only a small person) but at least I have the option

KIWI65
KIWI65Caboolture QLD2 posts
claudia
claudiaGippsland, VIC9 posts

Beautiful, gorgeous car!

What a car! I absolutely love my 2017 Elantra Elite in iron grey. Stunning to look at with an almost matte look in low light and then when the sun hits it, the most incredible metallic paint! It's a truly elegant and good looking car, very user friendly and the features are brilliant, like the rear view mirror anti-glare function, the auto demist and the self opening boot. It's quick too and feels light to drive. Love the (sort of) leather seats and feel really special driving it around! It's my third brand new Hyundai in a row and it's the best yet and I've had nothing but excellence from Hyundai whenever I've dealt with the service department (only for servicing). I can't recommend this car highly enough!!!

gezza
gezzavermont

Affordable style

My Elantra is a great driving experience - handles really well, such a smooth drive and nice and quiet.

The dash is stylish and has all that you need with great connectivity. I can fit four or even five comfortably and the driver has a really comfortable feel behind the wheel.

I get great value in my kms - such good value at the pump and I have not had any issue in the nearly 12 months I have had the car. Everything about the car is stylish with comfort and performance mixing together beautifully.

My leather seats are a dream.

Peter A Smith
Peter A SmithGoonellabah 2480 NSW6 posts
  AD Elite

Great Car to drive but has a couple of faults

Very smooth car to drive and to be a passenger.It has a couple of faults with the first being, my wife is about 5ft 2inches and when she is driving she can't see the front bonnet so if she has to park it is hard for her to judge any vehicle in front of her. The other fault is it has a terrible radio to pick up stations and hear them. We can't listen to our local station if we are more than 30 minutes away.

John439
John439Sydney52 posts

Surprisingly good

We just bought an Elantra Elite for basic travel. We are amazed at just how good it is. Loaded with luxury features, sporty performance and handling and looks great.

Bonus eight year warranty from the dealer to compete with Kia's seven years made this an easy decision.

Love the room, dash layout and comfort.

pat
patNorthern Region, NSW48 posts

Still going strong

Very easy car to handle had this one since 2003 with no major repairs and lots of mileage on Australian interstate freeways with really good fuel on premium unleaded. Regular servicing has picked up on one major computer issue 3 years ago, hope it lasts as long as my previous car Honda Accord I had for 20 years.

Robyn M
Robyn MAdelaide, South Australia3 posts

Just love this car!

I purchased a 2014 Elantra with very low kms and I couldn't be happier, very reliable, handles well, good fuel economy and runs like a dream. Haven't had any problems and a very good price when you compare with Toyota, Holden and Honda for such a great car that has immense street appeal.

Tim S
Tim SSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Fantastic vehicle

I purchased a 2016 Elantra SE auto and I can't really fault the car. It runs well, handles well, and the fuel economy is fantastic.

I do about 650km a week and that's in peak traffic and open freeway every day. Seats are comfy, stereo is pretty good for standard issue and there is heaps of room front, back and boot.

3 steering assist modes make for easy driving depending on city or highway driving.

Vision is excellent all round the car.

All up I'd highly recommend this car. My previous car was a 2013 Accent SR which was just as good.

Lil_k
Lil_k
  MD

Faulty vehicle and bad customer service

I have had my car since Jan 2016, it is a 2015 SE Elantra purchased brand new. It has been back in for repairs more times than I should have had to for general servicing in 5 years. The air-conditioning stopped working within a couple of weeks. It took the repair guys at least three times for them to identify the problem. Then you have to wait for parts and a loan vehicle which is more weeks wait....in summer with no air con. They had it for four days to replace the evaporator. Winter they finally got it working. Last week it stopped again......compressor this time.....still waiting to hear when it will be fixed....I will not be holding my breath......I will not buy Hyundai again.

Adam Conrad
Adam Conrad2 posts
Anmafin
AnmafinSydney Surrounds, NSW28 posts
Alex
AlexVictoria, 397710 posts

Great Car

I purchased a 2015 MD3 Hyundai Elantra Premium.

The car is great and handles well particularly cornering when steering is set to sport mode. Flex steer is a great feature!

Car is roomy for a small sized sedan and the boot space is massive!

The car looks the part, drives well and has a great amount of features. For a 1.8 engine it goes pretty good and overtaking on the freeway is effortless for the car of its class. It would be good to see a higher spec engine model but never the less it's a great car.

Full size alloy spare included, non of this space saver or crappy tool kit.

Kait
KaitGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC33 posts
Rob C
Rob CSoutheast, SA9 posts
Steven
StevenSydney, NSW3 posts

Love it!

My new Elantra is extremely comfortable around town and also on freeways. It handles winding roads accurately and has enough power to climb hills easily. What surprised me the most was the value for money: the standard model is fitted with options usually reserved for more expensive cars! Recommend it to anyone!

Barry T
Barry T10 posts
  Elantra

Top Choice

Tim Harkness at Keema Mt. Gravatt gave very good salesmanship, answered all my questions,and was very polite,was not pushy at any time. I did upgrade on what I intended to buy because of the great deal I was given on my trade-in.

mcmonte
mcmonteTasmania, 724866 posts
  Selected Review XD
Trevor.C.
Trevor.C.
  MD

Gets the job done automatically with less financial shock

10000Ks . Plusses; Standard unleaded.Very comfortable seats.acceptable highway performance with auto transmission, fuel consumption OK,Good interior space up front.big boot terrific,(but a long reach to the back).Looks very sporty in white (she loves its swoopy lines..)Faults;-Sun makes legs hot through very angled front window,even with air conditioning.Air conditioner noisy.Suspension/ride could be better. Better tyres than the hankooks would be nice.Full size spare tyre should be easier to put air into,(valve on boot bottom).Boot cover just bare minimum .Average interior hard plastic Appearance , but easy to wash.So, good value for not big money , $21000.

Tony S
Tony Sbunbury5 posts

Extremely Disappointed

2012 Elantra Active Purchased brand new .List of problems : rough starting (fixed twice ,but problem persisted) ,clunking drive sharft,sticky back parcel shelf ,seat belt wouldn't release, rear view mirror fell off ,wandering steering . Very annoyed that I was sucked in by shiny paint and saturation advertising. Some one else's problem now .
Update 8/9/22 still traumatised by this purchase …haha
Lachlan
Lachlan

Love it!

My parents bought the car in 2004, brand new. Since then, it's done 90,000 km with out a single fault. Since then I have learnt to drive in it (Manual) and it has been passed to me. Surprisingly punchy, with decent power coming from the 2.0L engine.

Honestly, I couldn't survive without it.

Alex
Alex5 posts
  HD

Really good

I have HUYNDAI Elantra 2006. I bought it as brand new, I have done 320,000 km already. Most of it on free ways. Never done any repairs besides timing belt change. But one thing I did, i always change engine oil and oil filter on every 3000 km. spark plugs on every 20,000 km and brakes on every 60000 km. Never have any problems at all. I am very happy with the car.

Lio