Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra (page 3 of 5)

MD, XD, HD, etc...

• Comfort
  • Features

O Rahat

O RahatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor service. Bluetooth issue.

Comming from VW. I had a golf and bought the Elentra from dealer this year. Running cost reasonably cheap. Reliability still not sure.

Main concern: Poor and unreliable service. My car bluetooth mic is not working properly. When the car is running people from the other end can't hear me properly. I got my car serviced at mentone Hyundai recently and told them about the bluetooth issue. Post servicing the mechanic told me that they couldn't find any issue with the bluetooth but they have updated the system and that should solve my problem. But it didn't. It's not fixed and the problem still exists. I never had this with vw. If there is a problem then they will fix it. I wanted to buy hyundai tucson but changed my mind after this.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
TREV

TREVsydney

Love My Car

I have had my new elantra for only 4 m0nths and already have 7500 kilometres on the clock.
Have travelled to Melbourne and Brisbane and the driving experience was faultless.
A smooth, quite ride with all the gadgets that are included in most cars these days and I know I have nothing to worry about whenever I take to the road.
Fairly priced, economical to run and coming with a good warranty, I am always happy to recommend our new hyundai.

alyssa

alyssaPerth

Great FamilyCar

The driving experience is great but the engine isn't as powerful as it should be. This makes driving up hills quite difficult at times, large ones especially. The car isn't that noise but I haven't had it for long so it may be. The steering wheel at times can jerk a little as well. These are all little things after all with overall the driving experience being okay to great. The interior is very slick, there's lots of leg room for me and I'm quite tall. The back seats also provide lots of room which is why this car is great for families. Lastly, it's very cheap to run and can stand the test of time.

BadgeFX
Date PurchasedSept 2015

Martin

MartinPerth

Spacious and efficient

Wanted a larger car than our little hatch for a family of four but without the gas guzzling reputation of the larger sedans. The Elantra has plenty of space, a very large boot and is kind at the bowser. It's comfortable, quiet and styling is great. The sun roof stopped working though that may be more to do with the kids playing with it. A good all round car for those who want space in a mid-sized car.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Eli

EliSydney

Not powerful engine

I am not satisfied with the performance. The engine is not as powerful as what should be. It's very noisy when you want to accelerate however, In terms of Physical Appearance, I could say , It could be in luxury and beautiful cars category. 5 years Manufactory warranty is another positive thing about this car

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Chookadook

Chookadooknoyb

Never skipped a beat

I have had my Hyundai Elantra for about 14 years now, it has never had any issues, only minor general services, it's never broken down, its zippy, has excellent pick up and performance, reliable and still starts first go, even on cold mornings. This has honestly been the best car I've ever own. Built to last, I can not say anything negative about it.

BodyHatch
BadgeHvt
Date PurchasedJune 2004
Lou

LouPerth

Great car

This car drive beautiful, smooth and good, the interior is good plenty of room front and read, I particular brought this sedan as I needed to have two baby seats in the back, and they fit beautifully, with room for another person inbetween, (though only a small person) but at least I have the option

Date PurchasedDec 2012
KIWI65

KIWI65Caboolture QLD

BadgeTrophy
Date PurchasedDec 2016
claudia

claudiaGippsland, VIC

Beautiful, gorgeous car!

What a car! I absolutely love my 2017 Elantra Elite in iron grey. Stunning to look at with an almost matte look in low light and then when the sun hits it, the most incredible metallic paint! It's a truly elegant and good looking car, very user friendly and the features are brilliant, like the rear view mirror anti-glare function, the auto demist and the self opening boot. It's quick too and feels light to drive. Love the (sort of) leather seats and feel really special driving it around! It's my third brand new Hyundai in a row and it's the best yet and I've had nothing but excellence from Hyundai whenever I've dealt with the service department (only for servicing). I can't recommend this car highly enough!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

gezza

gezzavermont

Affordable style

My Elantra is a great driving experience - handles really well, such a smooth drive and nice and quiet.
The dash is stylish and has all that you need with great connectivity. I can fit four or even five comfortably and the driver has a really comfortable feel behind the wheel.
I get great value in my kms - such good value at the pump and I have not had any issue in the nearly 12 months I have had the car. Everything about the car is stylish with comfort and performance mixing together beautifully.
My leather seats are a dream.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Peter A Smith

Peter A SmithGoonellabah 2480 NSW

Great Car to drive but has a couple of faults.

Very smooth car to drive and to be a passenger.It has a couple of faults with the first being, my wife is about 5ft 2inches and when she is driving she can't see the front bonnet so if she has to park it is hard for her to judge any vehicle in front of her. The other fault is it has a terrible radio to pick up stations and hear them. We can't listen to our local station if we are more than 30 minutes away.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
John439

John439Sydney

Surprisingly good

We just bought an Elantra Elite for basic travel. We are amazed at just how good it is. Loaded with luxury features, sporty performance and handling and looks great.
Bonus eight year warranty from the dealer to compete with Kia's seven years made this an easy decision.
Love the room, dash layout and comfort.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
pat

patNorthern Region, NSW

Still going strong

Very easy car to handle had this one since 2003 with no major repairs and lots of mileage on Australian interstate freeways with really good fuel on premium unleaded. Regular servicing has picked up on one major computer issue 3 years ago, hope it lasts as long as my previous car Honda Accord I had for 20 years.

BodyHatch
Badgeno idea
Engine Size1.6
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedApr 2003
Robyn M

Robyn MAdelaide, South Australia

Just love this car!

I purchased a 2014 Elantra with very low kms and I couldn't be happier, very reliable, handles well, good fuel economy and runs like a dream. Haven't had any problems and a very good price when you compare with Toyota, Holden and Honda for such a great car that has immense street appeal.

BadgeActive
Date PurchasedDec 2015
Tim S

Tim SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic vehicle

I purchased a 2016 Elantra SE auto and I can't really fault the car. It runs well, handles well, and the fuel economy is fantastic.
I do about 650km a week and that's in peak traffic and open freeway every day. Seats are comfy, stereo is pretty good for standard issue and there is heaps of room front, back and boot.
3 steering assist modes make for easy driving depending on city or highway driving.
Vision is excellent all round the car.
All up I'd highly recommend this car. My previous car was a 2013 Accent SR which was just as good.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Engine Size1.8L

Find out how Hyundai Elantra compares to other Cars

Faulty vehicle and bad customer service

I have had my car since Jan 2016, it is a 2015 SE Elantra purchased brand new. It has been back in for repairs more times than I should have had to for general servicing in 5 years. The air-conditioning stopped working within a couple of weeks. It took the repair guys at least three times for them to identify the problem. Then you have to wait for parts and a loan vehicle which is more weeks wait....in summer with no air con. They had it for four days to replace the evaporator. Winter they finally got it working. Last week it stopped again......compressor this time.....still waiting to hear when it will be fixed....I will not be holding my breath......I will not buy Hyundai again.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJan 2016
Engine Size1.8lt

The worst costumer service ever I had in Australia.

Anmafin

AnmafinSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Car for Everyone

BadgePremium
Engine Size1.8L
Alex

AlexVictoria, 3977

Great Car

I purchased a 2015 MD3 Hyundai Elantra Premium.
The car is great and handles well particularly cornering when steering is set to sport mode. Flex steer is a great feature!
Car is roomy for a small sized sedan and the boot space is massive!
The car looks the part, drives well and has a great amount of features. For a 1.8 engine it goes pretty good and overtaking on the freeway is effortless for the car of its class. It would be good to see a higher spec engine model but never the less it's a great car.
Full size alloy spare included, non of this space saver or crappy tool kit.

BadgePremium