MD, XD, HD, etc...

• Features

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not a reliable car

I bought my Hyundai Elantra in 2017 and used it for 2 years. It broke down twice in that time period. One with fuel injection issue and other with engine coolant leakage. Both the time it had to be in service centre for almost 2 weeks. I had to sell it as it was not reliable to my expectation.

Loved the features in Elantra, auto headlights, auto wiper and Apple CarPlay.

Purchased in June 2017 for $30,150.00.

Rob

RobDarling Downs, QLD

Crankshaft Sensor Malfunction

My 2013 Elantra has been diagnosed with a failed Crankshaft Sensor and faulty ESC Module, It only just out of warranty and Hyundai refuse to do anything about it. Also its under Dealer Warranty but they wont cover it under their warranty. No more Hyundai for me. My daughter has an i30 and is also unhappy.

Purchased in October 2015 at Zooper Cars, Toowoomba for $15,000.00.

Nara

NaraVictoria

The motor needs replacement only after 55,000 kms

Purchased in November 2016 for $15,000.00.

Cars

Find out how Hyundai Elantra compares to other Cars

Not a bad car but service will drive you nuts. The radio is garbage

BadgeActive
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedJune 2018
Rob

RobPerth, WA

Disappointing new car experience

We had a disappointing new car experience. Picked up our brand new 2018 Elantra on Friday and an hour after leaving the dealership we turned on the air conditioner, only to realize it's not working. If I realized the air conditioner wasn't working before I handed over my hard earned money, I would not have bought that car and asked for a replacement or full refund. Yeah it's getting fixed now, only after less than 2 hours ownership. Shame on you hyundai and your dealer for selling me a faulty product.

Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedMay 2018
O Rahat

O RahatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor service. Bluetooth issue.

Comming from VW. I had a golf and bought the Elentra from dealer this year. Running cost reasonably cheap. Reliability still not sure.

Main concern: Poor and unreliable service. My car bluetooth mic is not working properly. When the car is running people from the other end can't hear me properly. I got my car serviced at mentone Hyundai recently and told them about the bluetooth issue. Post servicing the mechanic told me that they couldn't find any issue with the bluetooth but they have updated the system and that should solve my problem. But it didn't. It's not fixed and the problem still exists. I never had this with vw. If there is a problem then they will fix it. I wanted to buy hyundai tucson but changed my mind after this.

Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Faulty vehicle and bad customer service

I have had my car since Jan 2016, it is a 2015 SE Elantra purchased brand new. It has been back in for repairs more times than I should have had to for general servicing in 5 years. The air-conditioning stopped working within a couple of weeks. It took the repair guys at least three times for them to identify the problem. Then you have to wait for parts and a loan vehicle which is more weeks wait....in summer with no air con. They had it for four days to replace the evaporator. Winter they finally got it working. Last week it stopped again......compressor this time.....still waiting to hear when it will be fixed....I will not be holding my breath......I will not buy Hyundai again.

BadgeSE
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJan 2016
Engine Size1.8lt

The worst costumer service ever I had in Australia.

Tony S

Tony Sbunbury

Extremely Disappointed

2012 Elantra Active Purchased brand new .List of problems : rough starting (fixed twice ,but problem persisted) ,clunking drive sharft,sticky back parcel shelf ,seat belt wouldn't release, rear view mirror fell off ,wandering steering . Very annoyed that I was sucked in by shiny paint and saturation advertising. Some one else's problem now .

Cars