MD, XD, HD, etc...

• Features
Sarah

SarahCentral West, NSW

Cheap But Very Reliable

Four years ago, I found myself sick with recently-diagnosed chronic leukaemia and unable to work. As an added whammy, my Astra died and I had to find a reliable and cheap car ASAP. My 2004 Hyundai Elantra hasnt skipped a beat. Gets me from A to B, very fuel efficient and (touch wood) no major issues in that tiime. For an older model, it has been more than worth what I paid...

Purchased in December 2016 for $5,000.00.

Deep

DeepMelbourne

Great Car with a decent price tag

I have used this car for over 5 years now. You will love the power steering and is still better than many new cars in the current market. Both exterior and the interiors stand-out. Never had any issues apart from wear and tear for the first 5 years. Cruise control seems to be a common issue with these models as it ages.

Purchased in July 2013.

I love it

I love my Hyundai. I dive it every day. Only thing I’d say it it’s not what I’d call a family car. I have a baby seat in the middle and it’s impossible to get the other two rear seatbelts done up. Had to buy extender straps. Also noisy on start up. For about the first 10 mins it taps loudly. Like the oil is not circulating properly. The dealer assured me this is “ normal” and everything is fine. Beautiful to drive tho and smooth. Good fuel economy. Don’t be fooled by “free” paint protection. I have to pay every year to have it touched up to maintain warranty.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Angela H

Angela H

Works okay

We bought this car in Year 2016. It is easy to drive on the highway and city. We love this car’s body shape and leather seats, but the seats are very hot in the summer season if I park the car without shades. It’s radio signal and Bluetooth speaker quality are terrible. More than 50% of time, another person cannot hear my voice. Hyundai could not probably solve the problems.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
GMAN

GMAN

Cheap but good

Bought as a cheap run-around car. Although it is ageing the trim, carpets, engine, seats are all like new. No engine faults at all and very reliable. Dash is cracking though, due to heat and it has/had some electrical issues such as the central locking and interior lighting failing but I'm not concerned about these as long as the reliability is there.

BadgeGL
Date PurchasedAug 2016
Alfreddo

AlfreddoHunter Region, NSW

A cheap, small car, with few problems and good air con.

Handles well,and is easy on the pocket, do hear some tyre noise.
When moving from stop say at roundabout it is not as smooth as I would like. The interior is well fitted, but having lower back problem, I find it hard to get out, especially in a parking area where door can't be fully opened.
I have had a few problems in the early days, one being after putting my shopping in the boot on an extremely hot day, the car wouldn't start. Called road service, but they thought I was in N.T. and didn't dispatch to my locality.
On taking the car to the dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong. Then in the winter there was black smoke from the exhaust, again dealer couldn't find any problem.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Culprit

CulpritGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bang for Buck the Elantra Elite is Great Value

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Andy

AndyAdelaide

Great car , hard to fault

I have owned my Elantra since new ( bought in 2012) and the only problem I've had is brakes grinding under very hard braking which went away after changing pads to Bendix, I changed the original 15 inch wheels to 17 inch alloys which really improved the handling, overall very impressed

Date PurchasedJan 2012
alyssa

alyssaPerth

Great FamilyCar

The driving experience is great but the engine isn't as powerful as it should be. This makes driving up hills quite difficult at times, large ones especially. The car isn't that noise but I haven't had it for long so it may be. The steering wheel at times can jerk a little as well. These are all little things after all with overall the driving experience being okay to great. The interior is very slick, there's lots of leg room for me and I'm quite tall. The back seats also provide lots of room which is why this car is great for families. Lastly, it's very cheap to run and can stand the test of time.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Martin

MartinPerth

Spacious and efficient

Wanted a larger car than our little hatch for a family of four but without the gas guzzling reputation of the larger sedans. The Elantra has plenty of space, a very large boot and is kind at the bowser. It's comfortable, quiet and styling is great. The sun roof stopped working though that may be more to do with the kids playing with it. A good all round car for those who want space in a mid-sized car.

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Peter A Smith

Peter A SmithGoonellabah 2480 NSW

Great Car to drive but has a couple of faults.

Very smooth car to drive and to be a passenger.It has a couple of faults with the first being, my wife is about 5ft 2inches and when she is driving she can't see the front bonnet so if she has to park it is hard for her to judge any vehicle in front of her. The other fault is it has a terrible radio to pick up stations and hear them. We can't listen to our local station if we are more than 30 minutes away.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Alex

AlexVictoria, 3977

Great Car

I purchased a 2015 MD3 Hyundai Elantra Premium.
The car is great and handles well particularly cornering when steering is set to sport mode. Flex steer is a great feature!
Car is roomy for a small sized sedan and the boot space is massive!
The car looks the part, drives well and has a great amount of features. For a 1.8 engine it goes pretty good and overtaking on the freeway is effortless for the car of its class. It would be good to see a higher spec engine model but never the less it's a great car.
Full size alloy spare included, non of this space saver or crappy tool kit.

BadgePremium

BodyHatch
BadgeGL
Engine Size1.8L

Love it!

My parents bought the car in 2004, brand new. Since then, it's done 90,000 km with out a single fault. Since then I have learnt to drive in it (Manual) and it has been passed to me. Surprisingly punchy, with decent power coming from the 2.0L engine.
Honestly, I couldn't survive without it.

woodunn

woodunnSouthern and Hills, SA

So far so good

Bought with 120,000KMs on the clock. Had no issues. Great engine reasonable economy. Had a sluggish engine when purchased but found the timing belt was out by a tooth when it was changed (before I bought it) which was fixed under warranty The only complaint is the height of the clutch bite point and how light the clutch pedal is. There is no feel which takes some getting used to but a great little car
Roomy, reasonablty built
clutch action took some getting used to

Engine Size2.0 HVVT
Transmissionmanual
BadgeFX

Great car, surprising power and good economy.

Engine Size2.0 HVT

Fired upMelbourne

2011 Elantra great before fire

Mihasaurus
Mihasaurus

So this was a hotted up car !!

Fired up

No help from Hyundai when it burst into flames.

Wishing I Still Had Her.