Hyundai HY2000Si

See the Best Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Piece of junk - spare parts backup hopeless

Unit out of warranty but has not done many hours running. Requires a new inlet valve for engine. Hyundai cannot supply, you have to buy a complete engine - spend $550 plus for the sake of a $20 part. Would not purchase Hyundai product again.

Don't bag this generator

After doing much research on generators and having owned a 1kva Honda for 8 years, I bit the bullet and brought the Hyundai. Why? Well a few years ago I brought a Hyundai Santa Fe and I never could fault it , it was a great vehicle, so after discounting the negative and a plainly fraudulent you tube video I saw, I went ahead with the purchase. The unit performs as well as the Honda with the bonus of electric remote stating.
Its continuous output is rated 40 watts over the Honda 2 kVA model. (I have not actually tested it to see if it is true) It starts quickly and has three ways to do it. Remote, key start and pull cord.
As for noise output…You would have to use sound measuring equipment to differentiate the sound difference of the two mentioned units.
I have used it regularly over the past 6 months and am happy with it. In 7 years’ time I will write a final review!
Price and remote starting
A little on the heavy side and fuel filler is above te electrical panel. Boxy look

Just had the motherboard replaced under warranty (Nov 2013) Hope it was just a one off problem!Motherboard was replaced under warranty then starter switch failed. Western Tool Distributors in Perth mailed a replacement under warranty. All good now.... Hope these problems are now over.In February 2014 I left it at a Honda Generator dealer to be sold on commission and bought a Honda 2KVA generator which would run my RV air conditioner as the Hyundai would not do so even tough specifications indicated that it should as they were supposedly higher than the Honda.

It went bang wen I tried starting it last night now don't go at all hy2000si hx125. any ideas?
Sorry, I cannot be of any help. My unit failed after a few hours use due to a faulty inlet valve on the engine but there was no bang - it just stopped. Hyundai were not able to supply me with a replacement valve. Do you know if the "bang" was from the engine or the electrics?Sorry ... can't help you. This was my husbands domain and he is no longer with us

CategoryGenerators