Hyundai i30

Hyundai i30 (page 2 of 24)

GD, FD, PD

• Features

i30 Driver

i30 DriverHunter Region, NSW

Much better than expected

Bought the car, a 2007 build 2.0 litre petrol 5 speed manual hatch just over a year ago with about 315,000 km up. Now at 325,000 kays. Going well, no real problems. Good reliable vehicle and fairly economical - just under 7L/100k fuel consumption.
Handles quite well and is fairly nippy on the road.
Engine is powerful enough without being amazing.
Clutch and gearbox pretty good, gearbox much better after an oil change.
Pretty roomy inside and carries big stuff without problems thru the hatch and folding rear seats.
Didn't cost much so I didn't expect much but it's been way better than I would've believed.
Good little car.

Purchased in October 2019 at Facebook Marketplace for $3,400.00.

zknight

zknightSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great car, heaps of features, but horrible programming/tech

Purchased in March 2020 for $27,000.00.

Caitlin W

Caitlin WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long term owner, no regrets!

Have owned my 2016 activex since new and it has been amazing. I have had no mechanical issues with the car, and have been impressed with servicing through Hyundai as each service has been the exact capped cost with no surprises! Had a slight issue early on with carplay/Bluetooth and bad call quality, however this was rectified promptly with a software update within the cars system. Car drives beautiful both in the city and country highways, nice and quiet and smooth. Very happy with the car and plan on keeping it (even though when I purchased I intended to upgrade at the 4-5 year mark). Boot is very spacious and the flat fold rear seats have been very handy when moving house and could fit large items such as a TV cabinet and hall table!

Purchased in December 2016 for $20,800.00.

Find out how Hyundai i30 compares to other Hatchbacks

Failed DCT gearbox and horrible customer service

Purchased in June 2017.

brizzyguy2000

brizzyguy2000South East Queensland, QLD

As good as a mercedes.

I bought a 2018 2Litre premium and I love it. I came out of a 1994 Falcon which didn't have all the bells and whistles my i30 has. I love all the safety features.....Although I don't use my sunroof and hot and cold seats very much, it is nice to know they are there. The other day I wasn't paying as much attention as I should and alarms went off to tell me I was gaining on the car in front of me too fast!! I also love the adaptive cruise control......it slows and speeds up by itself.
My friend bought a mercedes 250 and is totally jealous as he paid twice as much for much the same features.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hyundai Dealers for $30,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Vishal

VishalSydney, NSW

Good features, failed DCT engagement

The car was fun to drive until 40,000 KMs. I love adaptive cruise control and lane assist. The interior is great and Android Auto and Apple car play is good too.

However, I bought this car because of its 150 kw power and DCT transmission. Unfortunately the car has lost its edge and doesn't drive as it used to be. Took it to dealership and was told that all 4 alloy wheels are bent. They performed the relearn of adaptive values and the car still hasitates during low speed around round about and turns.

Purchased in September 2018 for $30,000.00.

Ricci

RicciSydney, NSW

Death Trap WARNINING!!

Purchased in January 2011 for $2,500.00.

Gavman

GavmanPerth, WA

Great car for the money and plenty of kit!

Purchased in January 2020 at John Hughes Car Sales for $21,500.00.

Demetris K.

Demetris K.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent car

I use this car for work. It has a kick and good motor.
I drive it every day. Its due for service soon, but seems prefect and can not complain. Very good car

Purchased in January 2020 at Hyundai Dealers for $25,000.00.

wisernow

wisernowGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reliable with a few faults.

Brought the i 30 CW in 2012. No problems so far. It is a diesel so has adequate torque to move the car. Good build quality and finish. No major repairs apart from servicing and replacement of brake pads and an engine mounting. However the drivers seat is not the best design and haven't been able to find the ideal position to suit me. Interior gets very hot even in slightly warm weather as the tinting is not the best. Otherwise no complaints. Reliable and robust.

Purchased in January 2012.

Lara

LaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The design is nice but it's not a robust car

I liked the design and features, however the car is very tinny any minor impact results in a big damage. I find the quality of steel is not the same as in German or even most Japanese cars.

Purchased in September 2014.

Pop-up

Pop-upBrisbane

Bumpy ride

I wasn’t impressed with this car as the ride was very bumpy. Granted, our roads aren’t the best in Australia but with the suspension on this car I felt every bump in the road.

Sj W.

Sj W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little car

This car is the perfect run around car. I don't recommend for families at all. It is quite small trying to get babies in and out, you end up hurting your back.

Smooth driving. Perfect for learner or first cars.

Purchased in February 2015 at Hyundai Dealers for $12,000.00.

Zoe D.

Zoe D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

So happy I went with Hyundai i30

This was my first brand new car! I love it
Everyone comments on it
Its amazing value for money and quality!!
I cant believe how big the boot is for a smaller car and its looks are amazing since they updated the model!
Im so happy with it and love driving it!

Purchased in March 2019 at Hyundai Dealers.

Nice car until it breaks down

The car itself is fine when it works. Nice to drive and great arrange of features.

However, our Hyundai SR has been horribly unreliable in its first year. Car has already broken down twice and sits in the dealership today. Worst of all Hyundai Customer Care is shocking. They deflect all issues to the dealer and all repersentatives I've spoken to are rude.

Don't make the mistake of thinking Hyundai are now world beaters. They still seem to sell unreliable cars with a poor quality of service.

Purchased in September 2018.