GD, FD, PD

• Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

I30 Junk - After sales service is worse than the car

I purchased the car new. After 2 months it developed creaking noises from the rear. I lost count of the amount of times that I took it back to the dealer. After 4 years of failed attempts for the dealer to try to identify or repair the problem they said they don't know how to fix it and told me to stop bringing the car back. Terrible car. Worse service. Never buy a Hyundai

Purchased in June 2016 for $25,000.00.

peter venz
peter venzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rabbit 1. Hyundai I30 Zero.

Look it's a great little car for driving around town but today we bit a Rabbit (hare) on the road and the whole front fender smashed to pieces. Never have I seen a car fall apart from hitting a little fluffy rabbit. And the whole front piece needs to be replaced. They need to be built a little stronger surely.

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in January 2016 for $25,000.00.

echo
echo

I should have done more research

Purchased in June 2019 for $19,000.00.

Noise Level

Sasa S.
Sasa S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gearbox problems! Unwilling to deal with the obvious issue!!

Nice and friendly people at dealerships, but most likely trained to fend off the more expensive warranty issues. I have been there 3-4 times reporting an obvious issue with the gearbox (dual clutch, 2017 I30 diesel), and every time - 'it is fine', 'it is normal', or even - 'you need to learn to drive a dual clutch car'....

Before purchasing Hyundai, I heard it is one of the best servicing brand in Australia!

Makes me think they want to push it out until not under warranty? And certainly makes me want to go for another brand!

First chance, will post a video of the car shaking and jumping. So you can see for yourself if that is normal. Been driving like that for a good 1.5 years! Disappointing!

Purchased in October 2017.

NICK
NICKGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Safety defect weak structural

I have clipped to back of the 2019 hyundai i30 hatch with less than 3km/h( walking pace ) with my 1997 volvo sedan and after the insurance assesment the car has sustained structural damage with nearly 2k in repair bill. With not a single scratch on my cars front bumper in general cars panel are made to absorb and deflect the impact to certain points but in this case such a damage in speed that is less than 5km/h indicates that this car will be complete write off in the speed above 5km/h and not safe at all and should not be on the road at all.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Failed DCT gearbox and horrible customer service

Purchased in June 2017.

Ricci
RicciSydney, NSW

Death Trap WARNINING!!

Purchased in January 2011 for $2,500.00.

Paul
PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bought brand new, had lots of issues with car and dealer. Will never buy Hyundai again.

Purchased in March 2013.

W Smeets
W Smeets

TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS - 78,000 km's

Purchased in November 2017 for $13,088.00.

BWS
BWSCamden NSW

2018 SR Premium PD2

BadgeSR Premium
Date PurchasedSept 2018
Alf
AlfGympie

Diesel engine died at 61,000 k.

BadgeCD-Ri
Date PurchasedJune 2018
Harmony
Harmony

Worst Car We have ever had

We were very excited to be buying our first ever brand new car. What a mistake. We had some initial problems, steering column, radio not working which required a major day at the mechanic. These were within the first 6 months of having it (so was under warranty, but seriously major problems so early on, really??) Since then it has been okay, but now the clutch and gearbox both need replacing. These things do happen but we have had other vehicles over the years and none of them have skipped a beat. Will never by a Hyundai again and probably won't waste our time with brand new either. Such a shame, I don't like to leave a negative review but a car is a major purchase so I feel it is necessary on this occasion.

BadgeSR
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedJuly 2014
Glenn E
Glenn EMelbourne

You take our money and leave us with a multi coloured car

We have been sold a car with panel damage and now the front of the car is 2 different colours.
3 and a half months on Hyundai’s so called customer service are forcing me to resolve this in V-Cat.

The initial problem was panel damage in the front grille that I was told by the dealer that they had many new i30’s with the same issue, so be careful if you are buying a i30.

PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

BodyX
BadgeSR
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedNov 2017
Judith
JudithBrisbane

Transmission issues - gearbox needs to be replaced

BodyWagon