GD, FD, PD

Purchased for $21,500.00.

i30 Driver
i30 DriverHunter Region, NSW

Much better than expected

Bought the car, a 2007 build 2.0 litre petrol 5 speed manual hatch just over a year ago with about 315,000 km up. Now at 325,000 kays. Going well, no real problems. Good reliable vehicle and fairly economical - just under 7L/100k fuel consumption.
Handles quite well and is fairly nippy on the road.
Engine is powerful enough without being amazing.
Clutch and gearbox pretty good, gearbox much better after an oil change.
Pretty roomy inside and carries big stuff without problems thru the hatch and folding rear seats.
Didn't cost much so I didn't expect much but it's been way better than I would've believed.
Good little car.

Purchased in October 2019 at Facebook Marketplace for $3,400.00.

Sj W.
Sj W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little car

This car is the perfect run around car. I don't recommend for families at all. It is quite small trying to get babies in and out, you end up hurting your back.

Smooth driving. Perfect for learner or first cars.

Purchased in February 2015 at Hyundai Dealers for $12,000.00.

Vin
VinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Smooth driving...

It has a spacious boot load capacity and the features are very useful and it’s recommended for a family who loves travelling even in long trips carrying a lot of baggage.

GiG
GiGVIC, 3109

Running good since 2010

In the beginning, I under estimate Korean car. I bought SLX 2.0L Fuel model that came with leather steering cover and leather gear handle.
It's been 9 years still running great. low maintenance service. Big space for luggage.
The fuel ratio is around 10/100KM.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Edocs
Edocs

It’s a good everyday vehicle.

My organisation has the Hyundai i30 as their company car of choice. It’s quite comfortable and the CarPlay feature is great, especially for my iPhone and the longer drives. It’s relatively economical for a car of its size.

Purchased in July 2017.

fook
fookSydney, NSW

ticks all the boxes except one

I love this car, has features that are helpful like the speed camera warnings. I use the car for Ubering so fuel cost are noticeably higher. At start of refueling you can reset the mileage use per full tank, it reads around 643km but at best I get
480kms. Eco mode and normal mode makes no difference so I drive in normal to get the car's full power out of it, Eco mode restricts the acceleration resulting in cars behind are tailgating at times. Otherwise would definitely recommend this car.

Purchased in January 2019 for $25,000.00.

Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good car but disappointing Hyundai Customer Care

My Hyundai I30 has done 45,000km and at its' service I noticed a paint defect (see photo) on the column behind the driver's seat. The Hyundai dealer sent photos to Hyundai and I communicated with their Customer Care as well. Two panel beaters said the defect was due to "exteranl influences" - ? rubbing. I have driven for more than 50 years and have never had this issue before. The only thing I can guess as a possible cause was the seat belt flicking back and hitting this column when released, when the car was new.
Hyundai have declined to assist me in any way. The repair will cost $150. Their attitude is disappointing as I do not feel that I have caused the defect by recklessness or lack of care.

Purchased in April 2016.

Reasons
ReasonsAdelaide

Really Good Car for the Money!

Purchased in January 2018 at Adrian Brien Hyundai for $22,000.00.

Great little car!

Purchased in November 2019.

Justin
Justin

Great little car, a few minor issues however

BadgeSR
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Rachel
RachelBrisbane

Great car, I love it!

The 2017 I30 has proven to be a great little car, I get approximately 9L of fuel to every 100kms. The seats are comfy, it has great Bluetooth and steering wheel accessories. It shows you tyre pressures and has warning lights when they get low. I have only had one service so far and there was no issues. The only downfall I can point out is the GPS device, the issue with this is it does not recognise a lot of addresses, even addresses that are old and should be on there. Overall I would give it 4 stars (would be 5 if the GPS Was more efficient)

Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedDec 2017
Sohel
SohelSydney

Great car but still can be improved!

I bought this car brand new in 2016. It’s great little car with lots of boot space and leg rooms. But not enough power and torque!! On the highway and up the hill with 3 adults on board this car really short of breath! And the road noise from the tyre is little annoying. Apart from this two issues, it’s a fantastic car.

BadgeActive X
Engine Size1.8
Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Over it
Over it

Enjoying the vehicle

We purchased the car due to needing a runabout rather than rely on the family vehicle. We haven't been disappointed. Cheap on fuel, travels well. Suits the drops offs and pick ups along with taking the kids to their after school and weekend activities. Nothing but praise. Enjoy the experience.

Engine Size1.0
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Lorax1
Lorax1Geelong

Great fuel economy

Rented this on a recent trip to Brisbane - Wowo I loved it. Boy has this brand come along since I was a kid and they are getting into the performance side of things with the N series too now which are rivalling VW Golf. I really couldn't fault the car in any way - perhaps finish quality on some of the internal surfaces if you pushed me but it was not a problem. Mine was an auto an it was getting under 6l per100kms on the freeway - outstanding!

Engine Size1.6