Hyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present)

Hyundai iLoad TQ-V (2008-Present) Questions & Answers (page 2 of 6)

107 questions from our users

Paul

Paulasked

iload petrol air in take to air filter, has anyone checked out restrictions & made adjustments?
Drivers side horn positioned & restricts air flow.
Ducted position inside grill had excess plastic protruding out & again restricts air flow.
Paul

bob

bobasked

hi I've just purchased a genuine iload battery just wondering if they are a sealed unit or require topping up? thanks

Fleet

Fleetasked

Has anyone had trouble with the seats in a diesel 2012 Iload?

Arthur S

Arthur Sasked

2010 imax remote lock/unlock not operating properly. Any ideas?

Stihl man

To ask the obvious, have you checked the battery and the contacts?
If this is in order then I guess you would have to try to narrow the problem down.
Try to determine whether it's the car locking system or the Key Fob.
If you've got two key fobs both with good batteries and they both aren't working as they should, it would point the problem at the car.
Perhaps after you have investigated this and you still have problems perhaps you could be more specific as to how exactly it's not working as it should.
ie Is it intermittent or only some functions work for instance.

Evan Shapley

Evan Shapleyasked

How do I back off tension on fan belt to remove alternator so that i can get to the turbo?

MrKebasked

Love my new i-load. Great reversing camera but no audio warning. Is this normal ? If not, how can I turn on audio proximity warning?

Stihl man

No, there is no audio proximity warning on these vehicles. Just the infernal seat belt and door chime warning that won't shut up or stop nagging.

MrKeb

The door chime has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. On day 2 I took the keys out of the ignition and threw them into the console to stop the chime, not realizing I'd activated the lock. I closed the door and locked myself out. Now the chime reminds me to take the keys out. If you want to stop the chime, all you need to do is tape over the switch on the drivers door, (or pop rivet as small metal tab over it)

MrKeb

If the door chime bothers you there’s a third party product that adds the feature, automatically cancels if you are towing a trailer - talk tomAutoBarn

Daryl

Darylasked

Can you put engine stop leak in a Hyundai Iload 2008 diesel?

nicola.mccartie

nicola.mccartieasked

I have put a new motor into my imax 2011 but can not get it going.. any ideas?

Gary Parker
Gary Parker

Have you programed the cpu for the injectors in the new motor.

Koald888

Koald888asked

Both sides of my indicator lights are on, but not the hazard lights, I've been over the basic obvious things light switching things on and off, but none of that worked, I have checked the fuses and resulted to disconnecting the battery so it doesn't go flat or melt my light covers.
Could use some help with finding out what's wrong?

steve

steveasked

I just bought iload 2009 petrol manual van been driving around for last two days without any problems then all a sudden it stalls on me today first it starts losing power then stops but started straight away after woulds engine light came on day before maybe for 1h then went off any suggestions?

Col H
Col H

Absolutely no answer for that. Have never experienced it with my van. Sounds like a job for an experienced mechanic

Siva P

Siva Pasked

I have 2011 tq my 11 model Iliad with 160000kms diseal turbo van. I am planning to sell my van. What is the best price I can sell?

James Y

James Yasked

Hi my key locks all doors except drivers door. Also it wont unlock the doors. I replaced the battery. Any ideas?

gardener

possibly a key fob frequency error, hard to say. electrics can do funny things if they get wet etc, sounds like a trip to an auto electrician to start with to see of the electric actuators in the doors work and are matched to the key fob

Darryl B

Darryl Basked

Apologies if this has been asked before. Can you install a duel battery in an iload fairly easily? Looking at buying one but need a dual set up.
Cheers

gardener

Hi Darryl, I spent 30 years as and auto electrician and 6 years of that was in the NT where we fitted hundred's of dual battery systems.
There is nothing money can't fix, as long as you have the correct battery switching devices and mount the battery safely, like outside the interior so all gas can vent.
The key to an effective dual battery system is to have 2 x identical batteries so that they both charge correctly , remember you have only one alternator and that alternator does not know that you have 2 x batteries, the alternator only see's voltage. Suggest you see a 4wd mob in your area to get this right as it can turn pear shaped if you use the wrong switch, cables batteries etc. Dual battery systems are not something you throw together. I have seen badly installed systems burn land-cruisers to the ground. has to be done correctly or you buy a lot of troubles.
Cheers

Monique G

Monique Gasked

What happens if the oil sensor stops the car?

Tracey Disney

Tracey Disneyasked

Is there problems with turbo diesel Hyundai iload 2012 to 2014?

Wendy R
Wendy R

The earlier models blow engines and turbos. Theyve told me that the 2013 models up have an upgraded engine called the a2 engine. Mines a diesel 13 model. The erg valve has been replaced. Nothing major. At a 100 000 ks lost power. 1 injector was stuffed. They have injector seals will leak. My diesel mechanic recomends every 80 000ks replace. No big cost. Hyundai doesnt mention the seals should be replaced in thr service manual. They know thrs a problem with them. Unfortunately I only found out about all this after it lost power and did some research. Hyundai did fix it under warranty. They need to be serviced oil n filters when recomended. Im servicing mine earlier than they recomend.

Niraj

Nirajasked

Gday guys, I’m planning to covert Hyundai iLoad cargo into passenger van. Hence need to install rear seat (2nd row) and cut a glass window on rear sliding doors. Have following questions
• Has anyone done this before ?
• does iMax 3 seater seat fit into iLoad?
• there are seats available on eBay and gumtree for $250-300. Can anyone pls recommend a good installer around Sydney.

Sam

Samasked

Hi!
My father has a 2009 Hyundai iload, diesel, automatic. We are having teouble finding a fuse box diagram for it! The relay for the indicators is not working (or so a mechanic says) but they want to charge too much to fix it, so i was hoping to find it myself so we can get a second hand part to make it cheaper to fix.
Any help would be appreciated

Pezza

Pezzaasked

Do 2011 iLoad rear leaf springs fit 2012 model?

Sparkles

No idea. You're better off contacting a Hyundai spares parts team.

Mark A

Mark Aasked

I have a 2015/16 ILoad and have 3 issues . The 1st issue interference in 702 ABC AM Sydney. The 2nd issue is a Drivers Side Seatbelt fraying. The 3rd thing is the vehicle has been wheel aligned by 2 independent tyre shops and the vehicle still pulls to the left. They both claim it needs camber bolts in front end. How can this be???? it has only travelled 29,000 km and never been in an accident. Vehicle going back into Hyundai next week already been back for radio isssue 3 times still not fixed. Has anyone had any of these issues? Mark

Egg
Egg

Make sure they fix it under warranty and keep all your records and service history.
I am sure this will be the first of many problems as they are cheaply made, buy Japanese.

Tahvo O

Tahvo Oasked

HI guys, am thinking of buying a iload which was with a startrack driver to work as courier it has 350K on clock and costs about 11 grand including rego and rwc, do i go for it? car is clean and mechanically sound at the moment.

Sparkles

Check the log books to ensure it's had regular services. As much as I recently had issues with the turbo and timing chain at 114k, I still believe the iLoad is a great vehicle.
Have you checked carsales.com.au for others which have done less?
I'll sell you my 2011 model for $25k. Has extended warranty which runs out 09/2019. It's a crew man so you can also use as a family vehicle, with tow bar, roof racks, bluetooth.

Steve
Steve

With that many kms just about every bush and rubber will be worn , take it for a drive on a bumpy road if you can , however I would stay away from it , iloads are not like hiaces

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives