Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W Questions & Answers

39 questions from our users

Shaun

Shaunasked

We are on holiday and our boot is locked
Will not open
Just happened all of a sudden and it’s so annoying
Is there anything we can do to get it open ????
Please help us

stop the goatsasked

Has anyone upgraded their high beam lights to LED? If so, was it plug n play or a pain? I have a 2013 and tried to do it but they are strange bulb holders that do not seem.to match any LED on the market. Interested if anyone has had similar experiences

Frank
Frank

I use led light purchase from eBay, the H7 globe only got 2 prong and will have to rotate 180 degree as the wiring of the plus is reversed on mine. I may sound odd and it take some time to find the right spot to lock it into the back of the light fitting, but it does work and once lock in is stable and not loose.

stop the goats

Thanks Frank, it sounds like a bit of hassle. So was it worth it? Is the beam much better?

Ally

Allyasked

We have a 2019 Imax. Love the van. Technology in it is great, however, when it's raining the passenger.. me.. is looking through the unwiped part of the windscreen. I have never owned a vehicle with this problem. It really is a terrible design floor. So my question is, can something be done to lower the seats so this doesn't happen

patasked

I have a hyundai iload with solid barrier after 2nd row of seats and want to remove it, got the bolts out but am left with 4 flat round discs with a depression in the middle. Allen keys dont work to turn them, do I just pop them off or is there a tool?

Jane D.
Jane D.

I need to know as well

pat

Still waiting for an answer, perhaps it was an add-on extra but it certainly looks factory fitted

Conor V.
Conor V.

Pretty sure it’s factory fitted in the crew edition or as an optional extra. I ended up drilling them out. They seem to be more like rivets. It can still be put back in if needed, just needs that particular bolt replaced with something removable (if desired)

Linda C.

Linda C.asked

WANTED iMax seat floor mounts for my 2010 iMax - have bought the new seats and having trouble obtaining the fixing brackets. Any help most appreciated. Darrell

Tony sasked

How do I remove the second and third row seats fro an imax?

Telelynx
Telelynx

Ooooh an easy one for me, I do it all the time :)

Firstly remove the bolt covers from the feet of the seats (grey plastic) with a smallish flathead screwdriver and a hammer
Secondly undo the 14mm bolts with a heavy duty socket set with an arm extension, they come out the factory very tight!), if you don't have this ask a friendly local mechanic just to loosen them for you with a rattle gun)
Thirdly, use healthy adults to lift the seats out, they're heavy

That's it - there are no wires cable seat belt tensioners or anything else to do, you can take the 2nd row runners out with an Allen Key, but I don't bother I just put a bit of carpet over them. I've driven at as a 2 seater van (with aircon for the load, we're inn the wine trade so this good) 3 seater and combination thereof

Tony s

Thank you. I noticed the plastic covers you mentioned. Once again, thanks

Beans

Beansasked

We will be renting a peoplemover and may end up with an imax and we intend to sleep in it (possible years are 2011 to 2014). Can the seats in the second and third row fold forward flat such that we could lay a piece of plywood down and sleep on top? This would be our back up option in case we dont get the carnival.

Spehry

Spehryasked

What year model was turbo issue rectified? Looking at a 2010 model but have been reading some bad reviews regarding turbo failure.

I understand it was 2012 onwards. But it seems to be a common thread that servicing is the issue. Hyundai recommend oil change every 15,000 km but most experts think this is too long. It makes sense as dirty, diluted or contaminated oil may prevent the turbo from being lubricated properly.

stop the goatsasked

Does anyone know where l can get a service manual for Imax? Haynes don't do them. Repco, Super cheap can't get them. Anyone?

Westy12

Westy12asked

Hi i have just bought a 2014 imax and don't need the rear seats. ...looking to sell them but looking at iload rear seat sales on gumtree mine look more modern and slightly different? Just wondering if imax seats will fit or have same bolt holes as current or older iloads? Also have same question for cargo barrier?
Thx in advance!

Christine W

Christine Wasked

My imax wont turn over the battery is fine this has happened after I jump started my daughters car last night has any one else had this issue or may know what the problem could be?

Patrice

Patriceasked

Hi,
Have a 2017 imax. What is the small compartment directly to the right of the cigarette lighter for?

birdwire
birdwire

It is the ashtray.

chawla

chawlaasked

after how many kms Diff service recommended of imax diesel 2016?

Sue

Sueasked

How do you re-install seats in Imax van.. Tracks seem to big to go back in? Bought it with them already REMOVED.

Monique G

Monique Gasked

Does the oil sensor stop the iload?

Robbie U

Robbie Uasked

Do iMax rear and centre seats fit into an iLoad?

KarKarL
KarKarL

I am not sure, but Imax seaters are the combination of 1 + 2 seater.
Hope it would help.

Fred

Fredasked

My iMax 2012 mode rear side widow has come adrift and want to know how it is fixed. Any ideas? Thanks. Bee happy

Sila L

Sila Lasked

Can the 2nd and 3rd row seats lye flat?

owen
owen

Can only comment on my 2009 model but no, both rows only lay back around 50 degrees. I have heard you can modify them yourself to lie flat, but not sure how that would affect the safety of the seat.

Bl hop

Bl hopasked

Does the IMAX have the option to have three seats in the front?

Richard

Not in Australia, but it is available with three seats in the front in many other markets, like the example below.

Lonieasked

What engine oil do I put in my hyundai imax 2010?

Richard

Mine is a Diesel 2010 with 200k and I use the Castrol Magnatec Engine Oil -10W-40

Lonie

Thanks so much appreciate that.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives