3Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W (2008-2024) Questions & Answers

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2023 and Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2025.
Julie G.
Julie G.

I have miss placed the bolts for the third row sat in my Hyundai imax 2013. Would anyone know the size I need to replace them.

TerryC

Go to a bolt retailer with the vehicle.

Beth I.
Beth I.

Can u add more seats in the imax so it's seats 10 instead of 8

TerryC

Would not think so as that proceedure would require an engineering certification and will probebly be illegal under ADR rules. Better to direct your question to Australian Design Rules if possible.

Richard B.

No there would not be the room for more seats safely and a host of other issues around engineering, overloading, access etc . I would look for Toyota Hiace LWB . a factory built vehicle with seats commonly used a mini bus would be my suggestion.

Gordon M.

Looking for better fuel consumption from my Imax 2019 auto Deisel, around town 15L per 100Ks driving very smoothly and staying under 2000 RPM. any advice for a better fuel consumption please.
On a trip away we averaged 8.5L per 100Ks, (Great)
Regards Gordon.

Richard B.

i would probably get it scanned for any faults. My old diesel i load work van would get about 10-12L around town and 8.5 on trips . around town i used to lock out overdrive the average load was about 600kgs.

Gordon M.

Thank you, will give that a try.

Fatima.m

if I remove the back seats of my van will it be the same size as a normal Toyota van in back ?

Richard B.

would suggest a tape measure to be sure ive never measured the back or taken the seats out

Fatima.m

if I remove the backs seats of my van will it be the same size in the back as a Toyota van?

TerryC

This question is not a product review but a question for Australian Design Rules and an automotive engineer reguarding the legality/insurance policy when you wish to change the configuration of a vehicle.

Jerome W.
Jerome W.

What is the top speed for the turbo deisel version

Richard B.

check with your local regulatory body in regard to speed limits but very comfortable at 110kph

TerryC

No trouble getting 140kmh passing a road train and still some left, they get to that fairly quick as well.

Tash W.

Im looking at a 2008 imax for a realiable car for me and 6 kids is there any problems i should know about them

Richard B.

pretty old vehicle i would stay away from diesel turbo look for service history on any vehicle. They are generally good vehicle i prefer the petrol non turbo it has not the torque of the diesel but i have had both and very little difference fuel cost wise. ideally i would look for a later build if you can afford

TerryC

Don' t know about earlier models, have a 2018 one and recomend.Victorian Police Aus use a lot of them and havent heard any complaints.

I am looking at an imax 2008 today what problems do they have

Maureen O.
Maureen O.

How to remove fold down drink holder tray on centre front seat

Michelle H.
Michelle H.

Does anyone know if the front single seats from the imax can replace the iload 3 seater setup?

Maulok
Maulok

Hey
I have Hyundai imax 2012
I notice one thing since few days while I drive it stopped for couple of second and start again automatically
I feel like van stopped to get race
Don’t know how to explain in technical language

iupelisiliva M.
iupelisiliva M.

I have hyundai imax 2010 and the engine light comes on solid need help

stop the goats
stop the goats

The engine light is on because a sensor has failed or is giving an error reading. You can buy an OBD handset from Repco etc which plugs into the car and will read the fault codes. You can then find the fault and should be able to reset too.

Richard B.

pretty much any mechanic you trust should have a scanner to read the fault codes and tell you what sensor is the problem, could be a simple as reset and see if it occurs again.

Tim W.
Tim W.

Hi does anyone know if the iload double passenger seat will bolt straight into the imax?

Jason D.
Jason D.

I have a 2010 petrol Imax really slow down low is this normal

Colin G.
Colin G.

The lights on the gears have stopped working on my 2016 Imax , can someone tell me if this is just a fuse issue or something bigger?

Excellent S.
Excellent S.

Hi
Does your problem solved?

Jodi B.

What is the real word fuel consumption of the petrol versus diesel?

What is the real world servicing costs of the petrol versus diesel?

Looking at one for rideshare and do about 5,000klms a month.

TerryC

Here in Australia they are only Diesel, and with normal driving give approx 10litres per 100km.

Jodi B.

There are petrol and diesel in the prior models. The new vehicles are diesel only.

Mark
Mark

I have a 2015 imax, I’m trying to remove the sliding tracks out of the floor from the muddy row of seats. I have removed the two star headed screws but still not budging. What else do I have to do??? HELP

jose luis r.
jose luis r.

I am struggling to get the rear seat bolt for my imax 2009, does anyone know what's the part number or any directions to get them? Thanks

Zed T.
Zed T.

I am finding the front drivers seat so close to the wheel even with it back the whole way. I'm only 172cm tall, my leg is so uncomfortable on long trips. Is there a way to rectify this does anyone know or has anyone else noticed this?

TerryC

I'm 1800 tall and have no problem, maybe there is something obstructing the seat track that is preventing it from going the whole way back if required.

Shane A.
Shane A.

How much is the back seats worth alone if you take it out

TerryC

Don't have a clue because we use ours.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives