Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W Questions & Answers

34 questions from our users

How do I remove the second and third row seats fro an imax?
Ooooh an easy one for me, I do it all the time :) Firstly remove the bolt covers from the feet of the seats (grey plastic) with a smallish flathead screwdriver and a hammer Secondly undo the 14mm bolts with a heavy duty socket set with an arm extension, they come out the factory very tight!), if you don't have this ask a friendly local mechanic just to loosen them for you with a rattle gun) Thirdly, use healthy adults to lift the seats out, they're heavy That's it - there are no wires cable seat belt tensioners or anything else to do, you can take the 2nd row runners out with an Allen Key, but I don't bother I just put a bit of carpet over them. I've driven at as a 2 seater van (with aircon for the load, we're inn the wine trade so this good) 3 seater and combination thereofThank you. I noticed the plastic covers you mentioned. Once again, thanks

We will be renting a peoplemover and may end up with an imax and we intend to sleep in it (possible years are 2011 to 2014). Can the seats in the second and third row fold forward flat such that we could lay a piece of plywood down and sleep on top? This would be our back up option in case we dont get the carnival.

What year model was turbo issue rectified? Looking at a 2010 model but have been reading some bad reviews regarding turbo failure.
I understand it was 2012 onwards. But it seems to be a common thread that servicing is the issue. Hyundai recommend oil change every 15,000 km but most experts think this is too long. It makes sense as dirty, diluted or contaminated oil may prevent the turbo from being lubricated properly.

Hi i have just bought a 2014 imax and don't need the rear seats. ...looking to sell them but looking at iload rear seat sales on gumtree mine look more modern and slightly different? Just wondering if imax seats will fit or have same bolt holes as current or older iloads? Also have same question for cargo barrier? Thx in advance!

My imax wont turn over the battery is fine this has happened after I jump started my daughters car last night has any one else had this issue or may know what the problem could be?

Hi, Have a 2017 imax. What is the small compartment directly to the right of the cigarette lighter for?
It is the ashtray.

after how many kms Diff service recommended of imax diesel 2016?

How do you re-install seats in Imax van.. Tracks seem to big to go back in? Bought it with them already REMOVED.

Does the oil sensor stop the iload?

Do iMax rear and centre seats fit into an iLoad?
I am not sure, but Imax seaters are the combination of 1 + 2 seater. Hope it would help.

My iMax 2012 mode rear side widow has come adrift and want to know how it is fixed. Any ideas? Thanks. Bee happy

Can the 2nd and 3rd row seats lye flat?
Can only comment on my 2009 model but no, both rows only lay back around 50 degrees. I have heard you can modify them yourself to lie flat, but not sure how that would affect the safety of the seat.

Does the IMAX have the option to have three seats in the front?
Not in Australia, but it is available with three seats in the front in many other markets, like the example below. http://www.hyundai.ph/Showroom/Starex

What engine oil do I put in my hyundai imax 2010?
Mine is a Diesel 2010 with 200k and I use the Castrol Magnatec Engine Oil -10W-40Thanks so much appreciate that.

I have 2014 Imax and I have removed seats but how do I remove metal tracks from 2nd row of seats?
The tracks are screwed to the lower metal part of the car so it's a matter of unbolting them from under the car.Thanks Richard, I was able to find a manager of our local Super Cheap and he showed me how to do this. :)

Can you remove the middle row of seats in an IMAX?
Yes, you can but the middle row seats run in tracks and those tracks go almost to the rear seats that are fixed. If you are looking into increase the cargo space I'll definitely remove the third-row seats.

Looking at IMAX MY13. Can the second and third rows of seats be removed? Thanks
You probably know by now that you can, I removed mine as I use it for dog showing, just let your insurance provider know that you have in case you have an accident. It will be noted you have advised them and they still accepted to insure you.

Can the rear seats be moved further back for more leg room in rear seat?
The second row seats can be moved as far as almost touching the third row, so the second row seat passengers can feel like they are in a limo. And talking about limos, because the iMax have the iLoad cargo version where all the rear windows are metal, the rear windows in the iMax are legally allowed to have transparency up to 0% exactly like the limos.

I'm thinking about purchasing a iMax 2016 model..but haven't actually been to car yard yet..just wondering if all the back seats fold down flat or can be removed easily for versatilty?
No Deb, the back row are fixed. The second row fold down. Regards Graham

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

Similar listings