Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W (page 2 of 2)

See the Best People Movers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nunnington

NunningtonTennant Creek

Very happy

Our iMax is now just running out of warranty after 5 years of great service. We are extremely happy with the 130 thousand clicks of work this diesel has done for our large family. I'm still amazed at the power and economy this motor produces. Only problem we have had was at 4 years and 10 months old the a/c blew a compressor. No questions asked, problem was fixed under warranty. I wish there was a new model on the market as I would seriously consider going again with another but the slightly dated look and the lack of mod cons will probably mean we will go with something else.

TransmissionManual

Renae.cshellcove

So many good features but terrible problems

Bought imax at 57,000km and it's been fantastic. Run it on 98 fuel. All of a sudden the power just cuts out when I've been making a turn. Scary. Starts again and away it goes. 84,000km all.of a sudden the check engine light came on. Used all the oil and has low power. Mechanic is baffled. Computer said crankshaft sensor and some other sensor. Both replaced. Still coming up with same computer messages and still has no get up and go. Help!

Renae.c

Lucky we have a great mechanic who dealt with an equally matched engineer. New timing chain $1600 later problem fixed. Happy days bus is all good again.

Clutch Problems with 75000km

75000km and the clutch is gone, have been told by Hyundai this is wear & tear cost $7050.00 big and lots of room but never again I am going to have an Hyundai. Reading the forums it looks like it is hit and miss if you purchase a Hyundai. Do your homework.

TransmissionManual

Exceeded Expectations

I was dreading having to make the transition to a people mover until I found the Imax. It powers up the hills and handles the corners with ease. Turns on a dime and tows without a whimper. Tyres are expensive to replace. Loving the full sized seats throughout. All it.

Very Good Choice would buy another

Adam 78Sydney

Was...The Best Family Vehicle

Transmissionmanual

Unreliable but roomy

TransmissionAuto
Martin

We are looking for cruise control included and have not looked at this van because it does not consider driver comforts.

Mike_Hunt
Mike_Hunt

We hired one for a day from Airlie Beach and it was great for us, so much so that I was considering buying one.

a fan now

a fan nowAU

exceeded expectations

Transmissionauto
Kell Jay
Kell Jay

If you take out the back seats, would it be big enough to fit a single mattress in the back?

Hotglueman
Hotglueman

Perfect Car!

Reliable Car with no huge mechanical problems. It's abit sluggish going up hills as we have the petrol version. Would be better in diesel. Lots of space. Huge boot. The seats don't fold up flat and only 3 anchor points. No rear air bags either. It cost around $100 to fill up the tank.
I love the space, the aircon can be set differently for the passengers at the back. So many compartments to store things, in the doors. Beautiful Car.
It was abit expensive, it only came with 3 anchor points for car seats. so we have to install a crab bar for the last row of seats and the last row of seats don't fold completely down or move.

Date PurchasedMar 2011

Imax work and play

Having driven Kia, Mitsubishi and chrysler Voyageur, I am extremely happy with the IMAX, Plenty of room. Told to buy the diesel by the dealer, better performance, no problem on the highway hills, does not miss a beat. Great family vehicle

Only faults in my book, barely hear the indicator, and told that the way it is, no Cruise control, would have liked the 9th bench seat in front, and an inbuilt navman would be good

Other than that absolutely fabulous, most practicle vehicle I have owned, and 2 of my other cars are mercs
Reliabilty, room and performnce, lots of space for luggage behind the back seat to accomodate many more suitcases than my voyaguer
lack of cruise, navman and extra quiet indicator

CJY
CJY
Martin

No cruise no buy - not even a test drive for me

Jon from the Gong

Jon from the GongWOLLONGONG

Its a weapon

We have had our iMax for about 1 year now and it is brilliant. First trip it carried 8 people to the snow, with food and skiis! It is amazing how much stuff you can get in the boot - unlike many other 8 seaters which take a pram and that is about all. The turbo diesel engine pulls well and carries you effortlessly down the freeway at the speed limit quietly. When pushed it will even climb the snowy mountains with ease. It also pulls our caravan up steep hills (not fast but it gets there).

My only niggle is that the little plastic bits fall off - you know those bits that cover screws etc. It does not have too many bells and whistles. It is a big vehicle that carries heaps and plenty of go!
Overall build quality and powerful engine

TransmissionAuto
ray winstanley
ray winstanley

Our IMax now 4 years 102000k it is rubbish motor shot .chew out tyres would not rec to buy.

Greg Floyd
Greg Floyd

Mine is a diesel also - 18 months on (now over 5 yrs old) and still going strong. So smooth and car like compared to the Ford Transit minibus I drove recently!

60000problems

We had one of these cars as a taxi we had high hopes for it however at 60000klms we had heaps of trouble with injectors turbo and general motor probs. We had another taxi owner ring us and he had the same kind of problems. We had to take it off the road after 1 year it was costing too much in repairs.
Heaps of luggage space and people space
too expensive

RedMonkey
RedMonkey

Was it not covered by warranty? because it was a taxi? also what did you end up using instead? how is that going.

BigSwede

BigSwedeAU

I'm using this 2009 van around town and sometimes on the highways. Diesel & auto just under 9L/100km

Bought this new in 2009 and have done 72000km so far. Not one problem! No wonder they give you 5 years warranty. Probably the best car/van I ever owned.Very responsive engine and good 5 speed auto.
Would recommend this car to anyone that needs the space but still with a fantastic economi!

Tool_Abuser

Tool_AbuserAU

Best value for money people mover

Michael10

Michael10Northern Region, NSW

Great family vehicle

matex

matex

Fantastic for the large family

We love our new Imax, we have an auto diesel, still has plenty of power and accomodates our family perfectly. Plenty of interior room and exceptional boot space. Very comfortable to drive and we added a 10" DVD, cruise control, tinted windows and a tow bar to make it more like our previous people mover.
Love the space, fuel economy, design, everything about it. Even my hubby loves it - which is great. Would highly recommend this vehicle to large families.
Haven't found anything we aren't happy with.

Shaun

Shaunasked

We are on holiday and our boot is locked
Will not open
Just happened all of a sudden and it’s so annoying
Is there anything we can do to get it open ????
Please help us

stop the goatsasked

Has anyone upgraded their high beam lights to LED? If so, was it plug n play or a pain? I have a 2013 and tried to do it but they are strange bulb holders that do not seem.to match any LED on the market. Interested if anyone has had similar experiences

Frank
Frank

I use led light purchase from eBay, the H7 globe only got 2 prong and will have to rotate 180 degree as the wiring of the plus is reversed on mine. I may sound odd and it take some time to find the right spot to lock it into the back of the light fitting, but it does work and once lock in is stable and not loose.

stop the goats

Thanks Frank, it sounds like a bit of hassle. So was it worth it? Is the beam much better?

Ally

Allyasked

We have a 2019 Imax. Love the van. Technology in it is great, however, when it's raining the passenger.. me.. is looking through the unwiped part of the windscreen. I have never owned a vehicle with this problem. It really is a terrible design floor. So my question is, can something be done to lower the seats so this doesn't happen

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

CategoryPeople Movers