Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W (2008-2022)

Also referred to as: Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2021 and Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2023.
See the Best People Movers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hyundai

Anon
AnonSydney, NSW

Good engine poor plastic

We bought this car in 2014 and recently we started having issues where the dashboard fascia crashed and started to fall apart, cup holder also broke in the second year or so, power outlet socket came off in the third year.

I've also been extremely disappointed with the service centre where I take the car to get maintenance done but that's a different story.

The pros of this car is the space and and engine reliability.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Mongrel
MongrelPerth

blown injectors therefore blown engine

anyone have a similar problem? imax less than 70,000km blown injectors and had to have the engine rebuilt. Always serviced with Hyundai around 15,000-17,000km traveled per year. It was less than a year out of warranty and their "Customers, we dont Care" department said bad luck out of warranty, When issue was escalated (which took around 2 months to talk to a so called manager) they then said bad luck because I authorised the repair!! Never have I had such an ordinary experience with a manufacturer and vow that there will be no Hyundais in my shed ever again. So to let everyone know about this issue and caveat emptor

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Unexplained engine problem

Bought a 2014 IMAX which went fine for around 18 months. Inexplicably the fuel consumption has completely fallen off a cliff. We're now getting around 450kms per 70 litre tank. That's 15.5 litres per 100km. Nothing like the manufacturers specs. That's also using 98 octane fuel. The service centre is telling us all the diagnostics are all clear. They are helpful but this feels like a time bomb ticking on a dud vehicle.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
HPLB
HPLBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Another blown turbo and ceased engine victim!

Date PurchasedJune 2011
People Movers

Find out how Hyundai iMax TQ-W compares to other People Movers

Renae.cshellcove

So many good features but terrible problems

Bought imax at 57,000km and it's been fantastic. Run it on 98 fuel. All of a sudden the power just cuts out when I've been making a turn. Scary. Starts again and away it goes. 84,000km all.of a sudden the check engine light came on. Used all the oil and has low power. Mechanic is baffled. Computer said crankshaft sensor and some other sensor. Both replaced. Still coming up with same computer messages and still has no get up and go. Help!

Renae.c

Lucky we have a great mechanic who dealt with an equally matched engineer. New timing chain $1600 later problem fixed. Happy days bus is all good again.

Clutch Problems with 75000km

75000km and the clutch is gone, have been told by Hyundai this is wear & tear cost $7050.00 big and lots of room but never again I am going to have an Hyundai. Reading the forums it looks like it is hit and miss if you purchase a Hyundai. Do your homework.

TransmissionManual
Adam 78Sydney

Was...The Best Family Vehicle

Transmissionmanual
Adam 78

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Unreliable but roomy

TransmissionAuto
Martin
Martin

We are looking for cruise control included and have not looked at this van because it does not consider driver comforts.

Mike_Hunt
Mike_Hunt

We hired one for a day from Airlie Beach and it was great for us, so much so that I was considering buying one.

60000problems

We had one of these cars as a taxi we had high hopes for it however at 60000klms we had heaps of trouble with injectors turbo and general motor probs. We had another taxi owner ring us and he had the same kind of problems. We had to take it off the road after 1 year it was costing too much in repairs.
Heaps of luggage space and people space
too expensive

David G.
David G.

Was it not covered by warranty? because it was a taxi? also what did you end up using instead? how is that going.

People Movers