Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W (2008-2021)

Also referred to as: Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2020 and Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2022.
See the Best People Movers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hyundai? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
julesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy Hyundai Customer

We have this model of Hyundai Imax and we think its brilliant.Used as an about town family van ,uses only unleaded which is great as it has a large tank so we get two weeks running around use out of it.smooth to drive and ease of manoeurvering.Have done all log book servicing through Hyundai which i reccomend.Overall a lovely family vehicle..julie williams

Purchased in January 2019 at Clint's Farm Fresh Produce for $24,000.00.

Hyundai mum
Hyundai mumSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for a big family !!

Great for a big family, i have plated 2013 brought early 2014, ive owned since New, never skipped a beat and never let me down . Great to drive & even fits a double mountain buggy in the boot sideways while set up!! a god send with the Twins. Great Mummy van !!

Purchased for $41,990.00.

stop the goatsperth

I love my imax

Purchased in May 2018 for $20,000.00.

Ruth
Ruth

Great spacious car

Date PurchasedJune 2017

JimmyJ
JimmyJNewcastle, NSW

The diesel iMax is a great thing. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Cathee
Cathee

Great car for tranpoorting people in confort

I drove an iMax for several years and found it to be very reliable and easy to drive in all weather. I would often drive the iMax with 7 adult passengers and found there was plenty of space and that it drove well. The only thing I would like to see improved is the very back seats do not fold down to make more room for large items needed to be transported.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
Mongrel
MongrelPerth

blown injectors therefore blown engine

anyone have a similar problem? imax less than 70,000km blown injectors and had to have the engine rebuilt. Always serviced with Hyundai around 15,000-17,000km traveled per year. It was less than a year out of warranty and their "Customers, we dont Care" department said bad luck out of warranty, When issue was escalated (which took around 2 months to talk to a so called manager) they then said bad luck because I authorised the repair!! Never have I had such an ordinary experience with a manufacturer and vow that there will be no Hyundais in my shed ever again. So to let everyone know about this issue and caveat emptor

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Richard
RichardButler

Fantastic people mover

Feels like a car to drive. I've fitted aftermarket cruise control, sunroofs, leather seats and is like nothing available in the market today. Excellent space for 8 people and all imaginable luggage. Fantastic car. Hyundai should offer it in Australia with the Starex Royale finishing also... With the second row captain chairs swivel seats also...

Date PurchasedApr 2015

foxvally81
foxvally81Sydney, NSW

Great Van

Drives well - long van but turning circle is excellent in tight spaces - very comfortable and powerful turbo diesel motor perfectly matched to the auto gearbox. Apart from regular service haven't had any problems or cost. Very cheap to run this van. Basic bells and I fitted cruise control after market ($800).
Its my mobile office and it's great to sit up high in Sydney traffic.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Nunnington
NunningtonTennant Creek

Very happy

Our iMax is now just running out of warranty after 5 years of great service. We are extremely happy with the 130 thousand clicks of work this diesel has done for our large family. I'm still amazed at the power and economy this motor produces. Only problem we have had was at 4 years and 10 months old the a/c blew a compressor. No questions asked, problem was fixed under warranty. I wish there was a new model on the market as I would seriously consider going again with another but the slightly dated look and the lack of mod cons will probably mean we will go with something else.

TransmissionManual

Clutch Problems with 75000km

75000km and the clutch is gone, have been told by Hyundai this is wear & tear cost $7050.00 big and lots of room but never again I am going to have an Hyundai. Reading the forums it looks like it is hit and miss if you purchase a Hyundai. Do your homework.

TransmissionManual

Exceeded Expectations

I was dreading having to make the transition to a people mover until I found the Imax. It powers up the hills and handles the corners with ease. Turns on a dime and tows without a whimper. Tyres are expensive to replace. Loving the full sized seats throughout. All it.

Very Good Choice would buy another

Adam 78Sydney

Was...The Best Family Vehicle

Transmissionmanual

Unreliable but roomy

TransmissionAuto
Martin
Martin

We are looking for cruise control included and have not looked at this van because it does not consider driver comforts.

Mike_Hunt
Mike_Hunt

We hired one for a day from Airlie Beach and it was great for us, so much so that I was considering buying one.

Turtle
Turtleasked

Hi I am removing rear roof liner in a Imax 2014 to convert to a camper. Have removed side trims, clips, handles and seatbelts. Liner is lose but won’t drop. Is it glued to aircon ducts ect or are the lights holding it up. If so how do I sort this out please? Mark

jules

Sorry i wouldnt know the answer to that but you could refer to manufacturer.

greg b.
greg b.asked

Rear seats on Kia Imax split or solid please?

jules

Hi the very resr seats dont split.They are 1 bench seat screwed in place but top half do fold down.thanks

Elizabeth M.asked

Another question, are there any afortable foldable seats to sleep on that can be place in the Imax yo use it as a camper van?

jules

The rear row of 3 seats do not come out unless you unscrew them and take out and leave out.they will only fold down forwards in half.itsnot a camervsn so cant really be used as one.its really a people mover with luggage space for holidays and travel.Julie Williams

Thanks Julie