Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W (2008-2021)

Also referred to as: Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2020 and Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2022.
See the Best People Movers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hyundai

• Comfort
  • Features
julesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy Hyundai Customer

We have this model of Hyundai Imax and we think its brilliant.Used as an about town family van ,uses only unleaded which is great as it has a large tank so we get two weeks running around use out of it.smooth to drive and ease of manoeurvering.Have done all log book servicing through Hyundai which i reccomend.Overall a lovely family vehicle..julie williams

Purchased in January 2019 at Clint's Farm Fresh Produce for $24,000.00.

Hyundai mum
Hyundai mumSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for a big family !!

Great for a big family, i have plated 2013 brought early 2014, ive owned since New, never skipped a beat and never let me down . Great to drive & even fits a double mountain buggy in the boot sideways while set up!! a god send with the Twins. Great Mummy van !!

Purchased for $41,990.00.

stop the goatsperth

I love my imax

Purchased in May 2018 for $20,000.00.

Ruth
Ruth

Great spacious car

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Anon
AnonSydney, NSW

Good engine poor plastic

We bought this car in 2014 and recently we started having issues where the dashboard fascia crashed and started to fall apart, cup holder also broke in the second year or so, power outlet socket came off in the third year.

I've also been extremely disappointed with the service centre where I take the car to get maintenance done but that's a different story.

The pros of this car is the space and and engine reliability.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
JimmyJ
JimmyJNewcastle, NSW

The diesel iMax is a great thing. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Cathee
Cathee

Great car for tranpoorting people in confort

I drove an iMax for several years and found it to be very reliable and easy to drive in all weather. I would often drive the iMax with 7 adult passengers and found there was plenty of space and that it drove well. The only thing I would like to see improved is the very back seats do not fold down to make more room for large items needed to be transported.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
HPLB
HPLBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Another blown turbo and ceased engine victim!

Date PurchasedJune 2011

Richard
RichardButler

Fantastic people mover

Feels like a car to drive. I've fitted aftermarket cruise control, sunroofs, leather seats and is like nothing available in the market today. Excellent space for 8 people and all imaginable luggage. Fantastic car. Hyundai should offer it in Australia with the Starex Royale finishing also... With the second row captain chairs swivel seats also...

Date PurchasedApr 2015

foxvally81
foxvally81Sydney, NSW

Great Van

Drives well - long van but turning circle is excellent in tight spaces - very comfortable and powerful turbo diesel motor perfectly matched to the auto gearbox. Apart from regular service haven't had any problems or cost. Very cheap to run this van. Basic bells and I fitted cruise control after market ($800).
Its my mobile office and it's great to sit up high in Sydney traffic.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2011
Nunnington
NunningtonTennant Creek

Very happy

Our iMax is now just running out of warranty after 5 years of great service. We are extremely happy with the 130 thousand clicks of work this diesel has done for our large family. I'm still amazed at the power and economy this motor produces. Only problem we have had was at 4 years and 10 months old the a/c blew a compressor. No questions asked, problem was fixed under warranty. I wish there was a new model on the market as I would seriously consider going again with another but the slightly dated look and the lack of mod cons will probably mean we will go with something else.

TransmissionManual

Renae.cshellcove

So many good features but terrible problems

Bought imax at 57,000km and it's been fantastic. Run it on 98 fuel. All of a sudden the power just cuts out when I've been making a turn. Scary. Starts again and away it goes. 84,000km all.of a sudden the check engine light came on. Used all the oil and has low power. Mechanic is baffled. Computer said crankshaft sensor and some other sensor. Both replaced. Still coming up with same computer messages and still has no get up and go. Help!

Renae.c

Lucky we have a great mechanic who dealt with an equally matched engineer. New timing chain $1600 later problem fixed. Happy days bus is all good again.

Exceeded Expectations

I was dreading having to make the transition to a people mover until I found the Imax. It powers up the hills and handles the corners with ease. Turns on a dime and tows without a whimper. Tyres are expensive to replace. Loving the full sized seats throughout. All it.

Very Good Choice would buy another

a fan now
a fan nowKingston 2604, ACT

exceeded expectations

Transmissionauto
Kell Jay
Kell Jay

If you take out the back seats, would it be big enough to fit a single mattress in the back?

Hotglueman