Hyundai iMax TQ-W

Hyundai iMax TQ-W (2008-2021)

Also referred to as: Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2020 and Hyundai iMax TQ-W 2022.
See the Best People Movers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hyundai

• Comfort
  • Features
julesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy Hyundai Customer

We have this model of Hyundai Imax and we think its brilliant.Used as an about town family van ,uses only unleaded which is great as it has a large tank so we get two weeks running around use out of it.smooth to drive and ease of manoeurvering.Have done all log book servicing through Hyundai which i reccomend.Overall a lovely family vehicle..julie williams

Purchased in January 2019 at Clint's Farm Fresh Produce for $24,000.00.

Hyundai mum
Hyundai mumSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for a big family !!

Great for a big family, i have plated 2013 brought early 2014, ive owned since New, never skipped a beat and never let me down . Great to drive & even fits a double mountain buggy in the boot sideways while set up!! a god send with the Twins. Great Mummy van !!

Purchased for $41,990.00.

stop the goatsperth

I love my imax

Purchased in May 2018 for $20,000.00.

Ruth
Ruth

Great spacious car

Date PurchasedJune 2017

JimmyJ
JimmyJNewcastle, NSW

The diesel iMax is a great thing. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Cathee
Cathee

Great car for tranpoorting people in confort

I drove an iMax for several years and found it to be very reliable and easy to drive in all weather. I would often drive the iMax with 7 adult passengers and found there was plenty of space and that it drove well. The only thing I would like to see improved is the very back seats do not fold down to make more room for large items needed to be transported.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Unexplained engine problem

Bought a 2014 IMAX which went fine for around 18 months. Inexplicably the fuel consumption has completely fallen off a cliff. We're now getting around 450kms per 70 litre tank. That's 15.5 litres per 100km. Nothing like the manufacturers specs. That's also using 98 octane fuel. The service centre is telling us all the diagnostics are all clear. They are helpful but this feels like a time bomb ticking on a dud vehicle.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Richard
RichardButler

Fantastic people mover

Feels like a car to drive. I've fitted aftermarket cruise control, sunroofs, leather seats and is like nothing available in the market today. Excellent space for 8 people and all imaginable luggage. Fantastic car. Hyundai should offer it in Australia with the Starex Royale finishing also... With the second row captain chairs swivel seats also...

Date PurchasedApr 2015

foxvally81
foxvally81Sydney, NSW

Great Van

Drives well - long van but turning circle is excellent in tight spaces - very comfortable and powerful turbo diesel motor perfectly matched to the auto gearbox. Apart from regular service haven't had any problems or cost. Very cheap to run this van. Basic bells and I fitted cruise control after market ($800).
Its my mobile office and it's great to sit up high in Sydney traffic.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedAug 2011

Nunnington
NunningtonTennant Creek

Very happy

Our iMax is now just running out of warranty after 5 years of great service. We are extremely happy with the 130 thousand clicks of work this diesel has done for our large family. I'm still amazed at the power and economy this motor produces. Only problem we have had was at 4 years and 10 months old the a/c blew a compressor. No questions asked, problem was fixed under warranty. I wish there was a new model on the market as I would seriously consider going again with another but the slightly dated look and the lack of mod cons will probably mean we will go with something else.

TransmissionManual

Exceeded Expectations

I was dreading having to make the transition to a people mover until I found the Imax. It powers up the hills and handles the corners with ease. Turns on a dime and tows without a whimper. Tyres are expensive to replace. Loving the full sized seats throughout. All it.

Very Good Choice would buy another

a fan now
a fan nowAU

exceeded expectations

Transmissionauto
Kell Jay
Kell Jay

If you take out the back seats, would it be big enough to fit a single mattress in the back?

Hotglueman
Hotglueman

Imax work and play

Having driven Kia, Mitsubishi and chrysler Voyageur, I am extremely happy with the IMAX, Plenty of room. Told to buy the diesel by the dealer, better performance, no problem on the highway hills, does not miss a beat. Great family vehicle

Only faults in my book, barely hear the indicator, and told that the way it is, no Cruise control, would have liked the 9th bench seat in front, and an inbuilt navman would be good

Other than that absolutely fabulous, most practicle vehicle I have owned, and 2 of my other cars are mercs
Reliabilty, room and performnce, lots of space for luggage behind the back seat to accomodate many more suitcases than my voyaguer
lack of cruise, navman and extra quiet indicator

CJY
CJY
Martin
Martin

No cruise no buy - not even a test drive for me

Jon from the Gong
Jon from the GongWOLLONGONG

Its a weapon

We have had our iMax for about 1 year now and it is brilliant. First trip it carried 8 people to the snow, with food and skiis! It is amazing how much stuff you can get in the boot - unlike many other 8 seaters which take a pram and that is about all. The turbo diesel engine pulls well and carries you effortlessly down the freeway at the speed limit quietly. When pushed it will even climb the snowy mountains with ease. It also pulls our caravan up steep hills (not fast but it gets there).

My only niggle is that the little plastic bits fall off - you know those bits that cover screws etc. It does not have too many bells and whistles. It is a big vehicle that carries heaps and plenty of go!
Overall build quality and powerful engine

TransmissionAuto
ray winstanley
ray winstanley

Our IMax now 4 years 102000k it is rubbish motor shot .chew out tyres would not rec to buy.

Greg Floyd
Greg Floyd

Mine is a diesel also - 18 months on (now over 5 yrs old) and still going strong. So smooth and car like compared to the Ford Transit minibus I drove recently!