Hyundai ix35

• Comfort
Kylie

KylieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Car I've had

I use this car every day and have done since 2013. It really is the best car I've had and I've bought new before. It's spacious, high enough for short me to see, it's never missed a beat! I would highly recommend this car to anyone. We went the SUV because we had a baby and I didn't want to hurt my back - mission accomplished!! I love this car so much that when it comes to upgrade I will be getting the Tucson which is the newer model just a name change. Love my car!!

Purchased in February 2014.

Year2013
Jeremy

JeremyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

All wheel drive failure at 165,000km

Purchased in January 2011 for $45,000.00.

Year2011
Gear Shifting

Hyandai IX 35 Special Edition

This is a great family car with massive amounts of safety features including 7 SRS airbags and is a 5 star ancap star rating - would highly recommend to other Mums.

Purchased in December 2015.

Year2015
Gear Shifting

Steve

SteveHunter Region, NSW

Crap company

I have a elderly parent who owns a 2011 i35 elite auto the gearbox went after 130000 replaced under warranty now the diff has gone after 170000 unfortunately not under warranty looking at big bucks to replace it Hyundai won't come to the party to help fix it I no it's out of warranty it's only got 170000 on it as the car has been driven so carefully (aka driving miss daisy) always serviced on the dot what a bloody crap company they dont give a damn dont buy from Hyundai there vehicles are crap

Date PurchasedMar 2011
DriveAWD
Shannon

Shannon

Perfect family car!

After driving my mum's ix35, when my husband and I were shopping for our new family car, this was the one we instantly agreed on. We needed a car that was fuel efficient, reliable (I have a love for Hyundai) and could fit our growing family plus all the gear we would need for road trips and camping. The ix35 certainly doesn't disappoint. It is a really comfortable and smooth ride, plus good looking inside and out. We love it!

BadgeTrophy
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Reviewer56

Reviewer56Victoria

EXCELLENT!

Date PurchasedJun 2011
louiie

louiieNSW, 2745

Love the car, dislike the service

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Blacky01

Blacky01Port Pirie

Average car which we purchased second hand to downsize.

Use the car daily but have recently towed our caravan on a holiday for 10000 km. Had trouble and had to replace the fuel pump and injectors which cost 6,000 dollars. Not happy with availability of parts. The car is regularly serviced by a non Hyundai mechanic. It was was thoroughly checked out prior to going on our holiday.

BadgeHighlander
Date PurchasedJun 2013
Kylie S

Kylie SPerth, WA

Great family car however small boot space

We do love our family car. It comes at a great price point for what you get. We have leather interior, reversing camera, heated seats. THIS CAR DOES FIT 3 CHILD RESTRAINTS IN THE BACKSEAT. I have had many people tell me it doesn't I had a friend upgrade her car because of this. When I was pregnant with my third bub I took my car to kidsafe and they easily installed 3 child restraints in the back seat. This is a huge plus for the car. Fuel consumption is pretty good in my opinion. The only downside for us is the boot is smaller than anticipated, but still wouldn't change our decision this car is great value.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Aaron

AaronScone

Ticks all the boxes at a low price point.

Economical, cheap buy in cost and what else can you find that drives this nice, has a 5 star safety rating and reverse camera.
I could not see anything else in this category that matches the IX35's features. They may no longer have the name but these were only ever a Tucson anyway.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Brake problem... ix35

Im having the same problem as everyone else with our 2010 ix35 auto....iv checked Pads and rotors and look ok...the other idea i have is to stop with the car in N...i think its riving to high and driving the car forward...witch is loading the Pads ...im going to test my theory!

BadgeNil
Date PurchasedJan 2014
Merryn T

Merryn TPerth, WA

This is the best car

I bought this car in 2017 and have loved it ever since, it's cheap to run and so quiet too !! the interior is good with leather seats and seat warmers. electric windows and also iso fix for baby seats which was a must for me. Hyundai cars are the best

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good value.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Joandy

JoandyMelbourne

I love this car - super satisfied

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Sian

SianPerth

We love our pre owned ix35

Even though this car has been discontinued it didn't stop me from wanting it. We looked at various different makes and models or cars but I was originally drawn to the ix35 and this is what I wanted to have. We cant make any complaints, it is quiet, has enough mod cons for us including an air con system that keeps us cool during the hot summers here in Perth. I am very happy with this car and would recommend for anyone to get one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
NANCY

NANCYmelbourne

Reliable car

Almost everything about this car is great, it's reliable and very fuel efficient. I love the leather interior and smooth drive, not had any issues thus far except for the plastics on the dash ruining quite easily. Hyundai are known for their poor quailty plastics and leather so i hope it doesn't get much worse.

BadgeHighlander
Date PurchasedOct 2017
Amanda

Amanda

Could be better

Radio cuts out completely , and just goes blank with no sound.
Passenger window does not go down , I have to use the drivers side to put it down. It does go up from the passenger with though.
Great to drive though never had an issue with that. Love the interior

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Graham Allen

Graham Allenperth

great little car

great little car misses has owned it for 4 years
haven't had any issues with it bought as a demo and currently has 150.000ks been servicing it myself since 80.000ks besides from the odd tyre sizs (bit expensive because its odd)
use it to haul alot of parts great room when backseats are folded down would buy one if you had a few kids or a baby because a pram shopping wouldnt fit..

was involved in a 3 car pile up me being the front i was stationery and hit by a jeep that was hit by a corola estimated at a 60kph impact while the airbags did not deploy the car was inspect and it only had minor damage the bumper was quite impressed with how it stood up the impact

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Katherine

Katherine

Great car - never missed a beat.

I've had my ix35 for over three years now and it has never missed a beat. It is beautiful and quiet to drive, very comfortable to sit in and extremely reliable.
We take this car to the beach frequently, have our 40kg malamute dog in the back nearly every day, plus our one year old, and the interior still looks as good as new.
The only frustrating thing I have found is on the odd occasion, the Bluetooth doesn't sync properly, though that is a very small downside overall.
If I fill up with normal unleaded I get about 550kms to a tank, and if I fill up with premium I get over 600kms to a tank.
I have mine serviced through Hyundai and the average cost is about $260 or so.
Will definitely be keeping this car as long as I can.

Date PurchasedJul 2014