Hyundai Kona

Hyundai Kona (2017-2022) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Hyundai Kona 2021 and Hyundai Kona 2023. OS (Petrol), Electric (See All)
Listing monitored by Hyundai

20 questions from our users

Joe M.
Joe M.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

Have just traded 2017 Highlander on 2022 Elite-ok to use 91 unleaded petrol in Elite as in Highlander?-book says should be 95 preferably

June
June

We have used 91 unleaded petrol in our Kona highlander and have not experienced any problems and it is very economical .

rob H.

Yes, see website.

Salhi K.
Salhi K.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

I am having problems about sensor. It is 2021 new kona and installed rear and front sensor. While I driving, some times BEEEE sound came out. Dealer said its normal. You can turning off when you drive, when you need turn on the sensor button.
Can any one same happens with me?

Meerkat
Meerkat
Tracey L
Tracey Lasked
Kona OS 2WD 2.0L Petrol Highlander (2017-2022)

How do I stop my Kona talking to me all the time? eg Warning Children Crossing Ahead, Warning Narrow Road Ahead, etc... Its driving me crazy!!!

Frederick
Frederickasked
Kona (2017-2022)

Has anybody had an issue with a steering wheel noise (like no power steering fluid) and then like a creaking noise when turning the steering wheel or coming to a stop? This is a 2018 model OS Kona Active with safety Has anybody had any steering issues of any type??

Jayne S.
Jayne S.
tina s.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

my Kona Elec just powers off like dead on a full charge then have to get racv to check it out .
dealers ship says nothing wrong with it

KonaEV
KonaEV
John
John

The on road cost nudging $70K (for a small suv) for the ev version shows the take up of ev's will be slow in Australia for many years. Batteries prices, put forward as the major reason seem to be stubbornly high.

Ozzesty t.
Ozzesty t.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

How reliable is the kona 2 litre and 6 speed auto. Any issues ?

Christine stoffels
Christine stoffelsasked

What price please

Ellen B.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

Can someone please tell me where to find what speed the cruise is set to on the cluster? I cant see it anywhere and I feel like Im missing something obvious! Thanks

Its a 2019 MY20 Go model

MarkB

Top right corner of cluster.

Ellen B.

Thanks for getting back to me. Mine is not showing up for some reason. Weird! Dealer said to let them know at my first month service so they can have a look

Tracey W.
Tracey W.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

Im hoping my next car is a Kona, what are they like in regards to mechanics?

MarkB

I bought mine because our trusted mechanic told us it is very reliable. He bought one for his Mum. Lucky Mum !

Pam O.
Pam O.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

What petrol rating is required ? Service intervals ?

Brisbane

91 octane is ok and the service interval seems to be every 12 month after the initial check after 4weeks from purchase from new.

Chris C.
Chris C.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

My 2018 kona cruise control is usless. If it actually engages crusie control, it dosent keep the speed. Either drops down or speeds up well over the selected speed. . dealer says the cruise control is working....dosent want to fix it is more like it, shame on you hyundai. i know its not working and never has. Only done 17,000km. Now reversing sensors not working either. Booked in again for friday. Thought it was a great little car... not now.

Mannyjen
Mannyjen
Derek G.
Derek G.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

What's the biggest tire size I can run on 16's?

Pam W.
Pam W.asked
Kona (2017-2022)

My Kona has a door locking issue. Sometimes it won’t lock at all with the remote. Sometimes it will lock but mirrors won’t close in. Been back to dealer several times and of course it works ok there . Is only 11 months old. Can you offer an answer

Brisbane

It couldbe the door remote control-easiest to justchange the battery. If that doesn’t work it still could be the remote or the receiver in the car. But you’d need a professional tocheck it out

David
Davidasked
Kona (2017-2022)

what is the difference between the 2017 model Kona Active 1.6L turbo to the 2019 model ?

Joanna Coyne
Joanna Coyneasked
Kona (2017-2022)

I have a problem filling my Kona with fuel. The bowser piece won't fit completely into my tank and when it reaches full fuel spurts out everywhere. Why won't it go completely into my fuel tank? Anyone else having this problem

Jamie E.
Jamie E.

Joanna when inserting pump, push on a slight down angle for the first half and then lift up higher to push right in.

Gloasked
Kona (2017-2022)

My new Hyundai Kona is missing one of the two standard reversing light. The dealer told me this was standard as they did not have to fit two reversing lights in Australia. This is a safety issue. If I am reversing, I can only be seen from one side. Can I have a second reversing light retrofitted?.

Dave
Dave

That is correct.Its not a fault.Talk to your auto electrician but don’t think you can unless all the wiring is there,just get them to have a look for you.

Brisbane

As Dave says, it is standard to have only one reversing light on this model

Rose5072
Rose5072asked
Kona (2017-2022)

Is this problem in the OS or the OS.2?

Debi Slinger

Afraid I can't help you with that.

Frank
Frankasked
Kona (2017-2022)

I am having a problem with the radio jumping stations. Any help?

Debi Slinger

Wow I've never had that. I suggest you take it back to the dealer and ask. Or find a 13yo teenager, they know everything about technology.. Good luck.

AlexStoupas
AlexStoupas

I'm having the same problem. My car has gone back 5 times but they cant fix it. Has yours been fixed?

Andrew
Andrew

I'm having this issue as well. The screen will show that you're still listening to the same station but the station has actually changed randomly. Very frustrating.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

Hyundai Kona (2017-2022)