25Hyundai Kona

Hyundai Kona (2017-2024) Questions & Answers (page 2)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Hyundai Kona 2023 and Hyundai Kona 2025.
Tracey W.
Tracey W. · Kona (2017-2024)

Im hoping my next car is a Kona, what are they like in regards to mechanics?

MarkB
MarkB

I bought mine because our trusted mechanic told us it is very reliable. He bought one for his Mum. Lucky Mum !

Pam O.
Pam O. · Kona (2017-2024)

What petrol rating is required ? Service intervals ?

Brisbane

91 octane is ok and the service interval seems to be every 12 month after the initial check after 4weeks from purchase from new.

Chris C.
Chris C. · Kona (2017-2024)

My 2018 kona cruise control is usless. If it actually engages crusie control, it dosent keep the speed. Either drops down or speeds up well over the selected speed. . dealer says the cruise control is working....dosent want to fix it is more like it, shame on you hyundai. i know its not working and never has. Only done 17,000km. Now reversing sensors not working either. Booked in again for friday. Thought it was a great little car... not now.

Mannyjen
Mannyjen

I have the same cruise control issue you have as have many other owners. I own 2 konas both have the same issue. It is intermittent. My dealer where I get the car serviced is aware of it, and assures my Hyundai is working on a fix. I suggest changing where you get your car serviced to a more supportive one.

Derek G.
Derek G. · Kona (2017-2024)

What's the biggest tire size I can run on 16's?

Pam W.
Pam W. · Kona (2017-2024)

My Kona has a door locking issue. Sometimes it won’t lock at all with the remote. Sometimes it will lock but mirrors won’t close in. Been back to dealer several times and of course it works ok there . Is only 11 months old. Can you offer an answer

Brisbane

It couldbe the door remote control-easiest to justchange the battery. If that doesn’t work it still could be the remote or the receiver in the car. But you’d need a professional tocheck it out

David
David · Kona (2017-2024)

what is the difference between the 2017 model Kona Active 1.6L turbo to the 2019 model ?

Joanna Coyne
Joanna Coyne · Kona (2017-2024)

I have a problem filling my Kona with fuel. The bowser piece won't fit completely into my tank and when it reaches full fuel spurts out everywhere. Why won't it go completely into my fuel tank? Anyone else having this problem

Jamie E.
Jamie E.

Joanna when inserting pump, push on a slight down angle for the first half and then lift up higher to push right in.

Glo · Kona (2017-2024)

My new Hyundai Kona is missing one of the two standard reversing light. The dealer told me this was standard as they did not have to fit two reversing lights in Australia. This is a safety issue. If I am reversing, I can only be seen from one side. Can I have a second reversing light retrofitted?.

Dave
Dave

That is correct.Its not a fault.Talk to your auto electrician but don’t think you can unless all the wiring is there,just get them to have a look for you.

Brisbane

As Dave says, it is standard to have only one reversing light on this model

Glo

If I had known, I would never have bought a Kona. A missing reversing light is a problem when reversing in carparks as you can only be seen from one side. Its not safe and will lead to an accident. While it will only be minor, any repairs always take weeks..

Rose5072
Rose5072 · Kona (2017-2024)

Is this problem in the OS or the OS.2?

Debi Slinger

Afraid I can't help you with that.

Frank · Kona (2017-2024)

I am having a problem with the radio jumping stations. Any help?

Debi Slinger

Wow I've never had that. I suggest you take it back to the dealer and ask. Or find a 13yo teenager, they know everything about technology.. Good luck.

AlexStoupas

I'm having the same problem. My car has gone back 5 times but they cant fix it. Has yours been fixed?

Andrew
Andrew

I'm having this issue as well. The screen will show that you're still listening to the same station but the station has actually changed randomly. Very frustrating.

AlexStoupas

Hi Andrew. Mine does that too. My car has gone back again this week, and everyone keeps acting like it's no big deal, and I'm the only one with the problem. Getting very frustrated now.

Frank

Hi after much arguing with the dealer I contacted Hyundai Australia, they told my dealership to take a radio from one of the new cars and replace mine there evidently was a problem with some of the cars and there is a backlog on replacement units so don’t let your dealer fob you of , or get on to Hyundai direct, hope this helps

AlexStoupas

The dealership have apparently replaced the unit in my car but it's still not working. They have my car for the week so it better be fixed this time. It's incredibly annoying

AlexStoupas

After having my car for 5 weeks they couldn't fix the problem. Hyundai have said they are finding more cars with the issue but are unsure how to fix it. It's actually getting worse.

Glo

I also have the same problem. After reading about the lack of response from dealers, I don't think I'll bother about it til the next service.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

Select a listing for your question
Hyundai Kona (2017-2024)