Hyundai Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic
Part of Hyundai Tucson 3.9

Hyundai Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic (2015-2024)

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Hyundai Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic 2023 and Hyundai Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic 2025.
Hyundai Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic
4.1

80% · 558 · 12%

Helping
HelpingVictoria9 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Very happy with my new Tuson active X, great car to drive , all the mod cons you need . recommend it highly to anyone considering a new car. I test drove all the competition and the Tuson just came up tops in every way, it even beat the new KIA spotage which is the car I had to trade.

Paul in Rose Bay
KrisMelbourne2 posts
UMAR ARIF
UMAR ARIFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Best overall value for money. Beats all. Competitors

Excellent handling with a smooth drive. Great overall value for money and beats all other brands I tested especially in ride comfort and suspension.

Good quality interior. Comfy seats and a great driving position. The dash is a nice textured plastic but i found that it gets scratched easily.

Fuel economy is not accurate as per advertised. 10.5L per 100km in the city.

Emanon01
Emanon01Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC16 posts

Happy Customer

Very comfortable to drive performance and handling wise no issues. Leather interior easy to maintain only issue is I know the small holes in seats are probably to allow air flow but very annoying when things get stuck in as extremely hard to get out. Have not had any issues would definitely recommend based on comfort and reliability

TD HYNES
TD HYNESSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Our First New Car!

* The Tuscon Active X handles well in all conditions. It is economical to operate and is very quiet.

* We like this model because it has everything that we need without all the bell and whistles that can be expensive to repair.

* The leather seats are a piece of luxury that ensures our ride is extremely enjoyable and comfortable.

* The digital dashboard instruments are easy to read.

* Plenty of legroom in both front and back seats.

* Perfect for our business needs as we can easily drop the back seats to cater for our gear.

happy camper
happy camperSouthwest, VIC3 posts
Rose
RoseNortheast, VIC11 posts

Exceeds expectations

Wonderful car that was purchased as a place holder for the dream car I'll get some day. Was not expecting much but my 2016 Tuscon is packed with features, drives beautifully and looks great in platinum silver.

Pros:

Happy with almost everything

Cruise control is easy to use and responsive

Apple CarPlay as standard

Excellent reverse camera

Comfortable even after 3+ hours nonstop driving

Cons:

Windscreen wiper arc misses a lot and leaves grimy edges on my windscreen

Not a big fan of the dash design, prefer curves but its aesthetic only

Gemma
GemmaMelbourne2 posts

Nice car

Bought this car August 2016. Have been very happy with it till now. First Hyundai.

The gearbox (6 speed auto) had developed a whining noise in 4th gear between 40 and 60 kph. Loudest when under load.

Took it back to where I bought it in lilydale and was told nothing was wrong. Took it then to another dealer and they could have not been more helpful. Amazing service. New gear box and a loan car.

Will never go back to Lilydale.

grantley mcleod
grantley mcleodADELAIDE2 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Possibly the best car ive ever driven!

Really happy with our purchase. Covered 7000 kms now and everything fine. Awesome vehicle to drive with fuel economy averaging 7.3 lts/ 100 km around town and lower if one just coasts along at 90 kph.. Quiet, composed, good instrumentation and plenty of storage. Great vehicle at 110 kph cruise spinning at just 2100 rpm in 6th gear. Just one gripe....the drivers side mirror with the distance view. Otherwise a long term hold this one.

Mick
MickSydney, NSW4 posts
Mike. F
Mike. FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Great Car!

Drives and feels like a premium car, the Active X is excellent value. It comes with leather seats and CarPlay which is awesome.

This is an upgrade for us, previously we had a 07' Civic. I would have expected this car to be more difficult to park and reverse, but the opposite is true. The reverse camera and the guidelines work a treat.

Only thing I would sometimes like is a bit more grunt, but it's good enough for everyday / family use.

Surprisingly the more expensive models don't get CarPlay, and the next step up doesn't have leather seats..go figure.

james
jamesAlbion park9 posts
merjan1936
merjan1936

EXCEPTION

Top Class

Spacious

No problems, surprisingly better than expected both my wife and I are in in our early eighties and find that the vehicle suits our needs in every aspect, particularly in easy access and all round great vision with comfortable and adjustable seats and we find it performs extremely well and on long trips we don't have a problem with fatigue.

koke
koke7 posts

Awesome

After test driving a lot mid-size SUVs by Subaru, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi and Honda, the Hyundai Tucson had all the best features. Quiet inside, the most comfortable suspension, responsive engine, spacious interior, full size spare, all the same trinkets inside as all the other manufacturers (bluetooth, voice), and just that little bit cheaper. Got the Active X as it has a sports mode which gives you more revs down low if you like that kind of thing, and all leather interior and nice rims. Could not be happier.

Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Hyundai Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Paul
Paul3 posts

Fantastic car

Car drives beautiful, very economical. Interior layed out perfectly. I would definitely recommend this vehicle to anyone who enquirers. It drives fantastic on both long distances and short. The interior is very comfortable with great space and seating material. Very economical to drive in both short and long distance. A++ rating

Barney37
Barney37Mid North Coast, NSW6 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

The SUV that is finally value for money

Having driven big 4X4 for the last several years, when I tried the Tuscon I was surprised and how comfortable it was to drive. The response of the engine and the fuel consumption just made this the prefect car for bot myself and my wife to drive. The room inside was great and the allround comfort and accessories made driving a pleasure rather than a task.

if you are looking for a reasonably priced SUV and the local dealer was excellent I would recommend the Hyundai Tuscon, it is the SUV that goes it doesn't just go vroom vromm.

Brian & Liza W
Brian & Liza W2 posts

Beyound my expectatios

Have owned my Tucson Active x for just over a year. Logged just over 15000 Km. The finish on the vehicle is second to none, the comfort and interior leaves little to be desired. The engine performs outstanding for a 2 litre engine and the economy is great around the city 8.5 per hundred KM, Long distance Adelaide, Mt Gambier, Port Fairy, Melb, Mt Buller, Ballarat and Halls Gap averaged 6.9 per hundred KM. that was with 5 people and all their baggage. Road handling is very positive. Full size spare wheel, Timing chain not a belt big plus. Could not be happier. My son called it a Korean Coffee can, let me tell you its the best cup of coffee I have had for a long time.

Neil
NeilGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Good looking and good everything

We did a lot of research on this and other cars in this range. It ended up a choice between Hyundai Active X and the Kia. We choose the ActiveX on price , looks and comfort. The only thing I did not see when we purchased this car is there are no A/C vents in the rear but the A/C is so good it does not matter. More than happy with our choice.

Bebe
Bebe2 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Amazing car, super happy with it

Love my new car, its spacious, interior is organized well and great car to drive. Feels very spacious but not hard to drive or park. Reverse camera makes parking a breeze. Also extremely quiet when running. Also great fuel economy. I got the pearl white colour which is really nice and keeps clean. Very happy with my purchase, love the car!

Bevan
BevanBrisbane2 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Not too bad driving but the car yard, terrible!

I have test driven this, CRV, Sportage, CX5, RAV4. Basic 2.0 lt petrol. CRV wins easily, power, features, quietness and general feel inside, CRV wins on all accounts. The biggest turnoff was the service and poor attitude at Lakes Hyundai North Lakes. These guys had terrible attitude, really looked down their noses to me. Avoid at all costs!

astro
astroSYDNEY4 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Don't buy if you want a 'Driver's Car'

It's reasonably good value, but the devil is in the detail. Its still a Hyundai of old in many ways. Plenty of hard plastics and sub par materials, poor interior design decisions throughout the cabin (particularly in the base model). The engine is under-powered, the braking hardware poor, and steering too light with little feel.

If you're a A to B car person, these are great. If you're looking for something with some more substance, there are better cars out there from Japanese and European rivals for not much more money.

Carl2 posts

Hyundai TUCSON active x

Just bought a 2015 Tucson, great car to drive, but like all new cars they take away lots of stuff, then when you ask they say if you upgrade you can obtain these extras--which use to be standard--(ie) CD Player, AC vents for the rear passengers, we live in the hottest country should be standard on all cars, cheap tyres,

The streaming doesn't really work effectively, Radio is not good, Voice activation for phone hit and miss.

If we notice that as new models come out they take things away, and tell us that we are getting a great deal, not so.

Why have we got plastic on fenders and guards, I see cost cutting .

Hard disgusting plastic on the interior.

Rod F
Rod FNewcastle11 posts

Very Happy!

Great vision all round, still getting used to higher revs with 6 sp transmission- good instrument positioning,economy, comfort and rear tray size. On road handling with reasonably little road noise. Fixed price servicing and road assistance arrangements very attractive.Very happy with legroom and leather seats. Good value for money. Would recommend

Palindrome

Wade2 posts
Bumble Bee
Bumble BeeMelbourne8 posts

Brilliant

New 2015/16 Tucson a bloody good vehicle.

The smoothness on the roads and handling is excellent. Cabin space and cabin noise is wonderful. Only let down is Apple play software download is still yet to be available.

7.8L/100 is about right.

Service costs are low and so far nothing has gone wrong.

Show details ·  4