8Hyundai Tucson

Hyundai Tucson Questions & Answers (page 2)

Rod & Marion E.
Rod & Marion E. · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

Do others have problems moving the transmission from park? Mine constantly gets stuck in park, it eventually moves after a couple of mins

Jane46
Jane46

Hi Rod & Marion,
No I don’t mines a manual....

JSB
JSB

Hi Rod, we don’t have that issue at all, ours is a 2019 highlander, automatic.
Have you contacted your nearest Hyundai service centre to query about it? Hopefully it can be fixed for you, best of luck.

Rod & Marion E.

Thanks for that, Hyundai has tried to fix it but so far only partly successful

Mal
Mal · Tucson

Hi, we have just purchased a 2016 highlander, question is, how do you set up hands free phone calls, the owners manual is obviously very generic as it shows a extra button on the steering
Wheel and details how to set up but this model has not got this function. I have also searched internet for info and they also demonstrate how to, but with the same setup as the owners manual. Thankyou in advance

cnwrailfan

Simple answer is you cannot set up hands free on Tucson Highlander before 2018/2019 model! Yes, the manual is generic and very misleading. We did know this before purchase. But here is the heads up. You can have it retrofitted inc installation for $795. Contact your local dealer or Emma at Ferntree Gully Hyundai. This can definitely be done.

cnwrailfan

I should have included that the upgrade to get hands free is in fact Apple Car Play, the same as on the newer and non-Highlander models. Well worth it if you intend to keep the car or use your phone a lot.

Lindsay
Lindsay · Tucson

If i bought a 2 litre awd diesel hyundai tucson active x 2019, got new springs to increase ground clearance by 30 mill, how would this car perform 4 x 4 driving. Thanks Lindsay

cnwrailfan

Maybe OK on rough roads, but definitely not on serious off-road use as it IS NOT a 4x4 but rather AWD or All Wheel Drive

Ashpash
Ashpash · Tucson

Looking at buying 2014/15 model
Can I fit a capsule and 2 forward facing car seats comfortably

cnwrailfan

I have a 2017 model and don't know if they are the same. If you have the capsules, do a test fit. If not buy capsules and baby seats that specify compatibility.

John T.
John T. · Tucson TL Highlander AWD, 1.6L Petrol, Automatic (2015-2024)

Good car spacious only problem is when temperature outside is around 30 degrees if I have been driving for a hour or more when I put my foot on accelerator there is a squeaking noise does not do it all the time only now and than car is only 6 months old anyone have this problem

Karah .B
Karah .B

Take a video of the problem then take the car back to Hyundai. They are really good with fixing any issues. Especially if you have evidence. My Audio unit went crazy ( radio channels kept randomly changing ) so they did a software update and that fixed the issue and it was all covered under warranty

Swany · Tucson

Hello I've just purchased 2017 active x 2.0 petrol just looking for feed back on towing small van if it's ok to tow approx 1200 - 1300 kg without to many problems .
Thanks Shayne

Shane S
Shane S

Hi, It should tow it ok hills might hurt a little, although the Hyundai Tuscon only has a tow ball weight of 120kg, this is how hard the Van it pushing down on the tow ball, as long as the van is lower than that. They have a towing capacity of 1600kg, you are towing well within its limits. You might find the Van to have a 130kg ball weight which would be illegal.

Swany

Thanks Shaneo for your help very much appreciated .
Cheers swany

Betty
Betty · Tucson

Does the 2017 Tuscon 1.6 need synthetic oil and if so how often for oil changes?

robert
robert · Tucson

when must the timing belt of tucson elite be done?

darkerheart

hi.from my research they changed from a timing-belt to a timing-chain in 2010.so i would think that a chain would last a long time.to be sure i,d ask the service department.good question,i forgot to research that when i purchased ours so i ll be asking too.

Dave

Hi, if it is a chain you can forget about it........ my last car was 24yo Nissan 2.4Ltr U13 Ti and it was on it's original chain at 240,000kms. Most belts are 100,000 km life anyway.

Partydip
Partydip · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

Ive recently bought a 2017 2.0Ltr Diesel Highlander, I'm now considering a caravan. Is any one else pulling a van with this model? What size? How's it handle?

Lyn

No sorry. Hope you find someone that has.

darkerheart

just took our camper-trailer for the first time.it is 1100 kg fully loaded and the diesel 2.0 handled it no problem.fuel economy went from 6.3 to 8.2.you can only tow 1600kgs so a big van is out of the question.also keep an eye out for the tow-ball weight.

Dave

I'm no expert, but my friends are into caravans and they tell me all the details about vehicle GVM, max tow bar weight, etc and that the authorities are clamping down on caravan drivers who are over weight for the tow vehicle's rating etc........ so be careful....... unless the awd Highlander has a higher tow capacity than an Active, I'd say 1600kg braked (or 750kg unbraked) isn't going to allow much of a caravan....... My friends use Xtrail, Colorado and Jeep which have 3 tonne towing capacity with uprated suspensions and they are border line on being fined when loaded up for a trip (eg have to run with empty water tanks etc). Best.

James

Only towed a 2mtr tall, 1.6mtr wide, 2.1mtr long flat front 700kg cargo trailer so far, handling rock steady and fuel went from average 6.4 to 7.5l/100klm. I did do some calculations when I started seriously considering the Tucson - the Tucson CRDi came out on top against all others that made my final cut in this class of vehicle - to be honest if I planned to tow close to the max 1.6 tonnes I would have stepped up to the Santa Fe. As mentioned above be very careful with weights - not just the caravan but also how much you load up the car. With some fairly simple calculations you can quickly identify how people are getting into trouble with GVM/GCVM even in this class.

James

UK test for towing test for Diesel Highlander (interesting to note in UK Tucson is rated to 100kg ball, 1,900kg trailer)

Mark P
Mark P · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

Hi

I am having the common issue of lag / gearing indecisiveness at low speeds with my Hyundai MY18 Highlander Tucson. 1.6L turbo. Dealer says I have to "learn" how to drive it.

Wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a solution.

Mark

Lyn

Hi Mark, I have the Tucson Active automatic, it seems to drive well for my needs and haven't had any problems with it so far. Changes gear and accelerates well. You may need to ask someone with the same model. Good luck. Lyn.

Dave

They might have a point....... all turbo's will have some lag....... maybe there is a way of controlling lag when the revs drop - try using the manual shift to manage the revs and hold the ratio (if you have the 6sp auto). Or use 'sport' mode (it will hold each ratio longer than the normal mode). If you have the DCT, then may your god help you (=I haven't a clue). Best.

Dave

It seems Hyundai have the answer to the DCT love/hate issue........ the new 2018 models have 6sp or 8sp auto gearboxes on the turbo models. They also have more kit filtering down to the base models. So if anyone hasn't learned how to tame their DCT models yet, maybe the 018-019 Tucson/Santa Fe has enough goodies to tempt a trade?

Sam
Sam

Chip it

FrankieB
FrankieB · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

i have recently purchased a 2017 DCT 1.6l turbo Tuscon Elite. Fantastic car, comfy, etc however just wondering why you can't tow before 2,000km on the ODO and while our driveway is not that steep, the car beeps saying there's a steep incline and to put foot on brake. has anyone else had this? I debated over getting the turbo...wondering now whether I should've stuck with the standard 2.0 FWD.

Grahame K.
Grahame K.

Sorry FrankieB that I can't solve your problem. Surely the good people at Hyundai can help. I love the turbo diesel. Tows my large a'van quite well.

Thalia
Thalia · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

Does anyone know why the rear and front parking aid sensors need to be swiched on every time as you are about to park? Is there any way of having them enabled all the time?

don
don

If it’s not always on Hyundai can change that in their program for you.

I do recall when we first got out highlander I didn’t have any luck getting the front sensors to work when I put the car in the garage. I have it sorted now. If I drive at a faster pace they don’t work. If I tap the brakes and ease it to the wall very slowly it works every time.

Thalia

Thanks don I will get it changed next service

Lyn
Lyn · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

How do you get around passenger seat not being height adjustable?

RUUDY
RUUDY · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

What are people paying for brand new active x? Are dealers discounting much?

Parul
Parul

Around 30.5k

Rossco
Rossco

I payed $29,990

Horse7
Horse7 · Tucson

Would regular unleaded be OK to use in a 2.7lt Tucson 2006?

cameron.martin.1840070
cameron.martin.1840070

Yes works fine in our 2.7 Sportage.

Ken
Ken · Tucson TL (2015-2020)

What is the gong sound which occurs without voice over, in 2016 Highlander.

GarryJ25
GarryJ25

Sorry but that has not happened to me, I am still struggling with the phone/radio system.

Muck
Muck · Tucson

I am looking to buy a 2006 2.7 litre Tuscan with 199,000 kil on it. When do the belts/tensioners require changing on them please? And poss cost? Thanks!

stick
stick

hi Muck, I have no idea as I have the new 2015 Tuscan, best if you ring any Hyundai service department or closest one to you.

Rango1
Rango1

Every 90000km.Timing belt,tensioner,water pump.Best spend the little to do tensioner and water pump while it is apart.I would be checking for a receipt for the first 90000km timing belt service.If not done leave the car alone.If it was done and is now due again,knock 1500 off asking price to cover.Is only just past the 180000km due mark.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

Select a listing for your question
Hyundai Tucson