8Hyundai Tucson

73% · 13633 · 18%

Sonya Seal
Sonya Seal7 posts

Great car love it

We bought our Tucson about nine months ago and it has been a fabulous car to get around. It is comfortable and easily fits myself and my 6 ft 4 husband.
I found that it goes well and is easy on the petrol. The car is easy to manoeuvre and parking it has a great turning circle which is one of the things we checked when we bought it
I use my car every day to get to and from work and to run around. It has a great boot space which holds my pram as well as all the groceries.
The only downside that I have found with this car itsThe only downside that I have found with this car is its space in the back seat when putting a rear facing childcare seat in the space is a little bit lacking. Show details
Cate
CateWimmera, VIC2 posts
  Tucson TL Active 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Love this car

I have now had this car for over 2 years and my family and I love it. The fuel economy is reasonable and we average 7.8 litres for our regular driving. The power is more than adequate for what I do and it only ever feels sluggish on large hills. The comfort is amazing and our family of 4 do lots of long trips with it happily. It is smooth to drive and the camera makes reversing much easier. I would recommend this vehicle to any families up to 4 people. Show details
Rod & Marion E.
Rod & Marion E.4 posts
  Tucson TL Elite AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic

A worry

I love the car, it drives well and tows my small caravan well. But the gear often gets stuck in park, it sometimes vibrates when idling, the door seal has split, and recently the accelerator has taken a few seconds to respond after slowing down to enter a round-about , this is a very dangerous situation when there are cars boring down on you. I now feel very unsafe in the vehicle. Because the problems don’t occur on the service depts test drive they say there is not a problem. I am very disappointed in Hyundai and it’s so called “care”. I can’t recommend anyone buying one and I would like to sell it but can’t sell s potential death trap. I would hate up cause injury or death to someone. Show details
Mal
JSBSouth East Queensland, QLD69 posts
Fortunate Son
Fortunate SonSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Amazing Car, Great build quality, Stunning Looks

Traded in the ageing Commodore(VE) on the Tuscon and couldnt be happier. The list of standard inclusions on the Active X prooved great value.
Nicely finshed leather seats, dashboard layout functional and modern, very confortable and quite to drive.
Plenty of room and a decent size rear cargo area.
POwer on top when you need it and doesnt guzzle fuel the way the old six cylinder bommodore did.
Backed with a 5 year warranty you simply cant go wrong.
Is it any wonder local car manufacturers hit the wall with offerings like this available from Hyundai.
Would highly recommend the Hyundai Tuscon it wont dissapoint! Show details
Graham F.
Graham F.

Same Problem

My 2017 Hyundai Highlander has the same problem - lag especially when accelerating from slow speed / from start. Can get you into trouble if not alert to it.

Mentioned it to Hyundai dealer at service today and he said nothing they can do about it. I regret not asking for a more detailed elaboration of the problem. Show details

Braking
Karah .B
Karah .BSouthwest, VIC7 posts
  Verified Tucson TL Active

Best car I have owned!

My mechanic was the one that recommended a Hyundai Tucson. I did the research and looked at independent reviews. I went and test drove one and fell in love!
The value for money is fantastic and I have not had a single issue.
My mechanic also says that they are easy to service. I can't believe I didn't buy one sooner! Show details
Master Burton
Master BurtonPerth5 posts
druss999
druss999Toowoomba

Tucson in Toowoomba

Moved from Sydney to Toowoomba Qld to retire. Bought the Tucson for comfort and practicality. Has been just great! Smooth comfy and roomy inside. Dual clutch transmission is perfect for rural and semi-rural driving. Have noticed big city dwellers dont like this tranny....so go for the 2.0 auto for big city crawl-driving and diesel for long haul and towing. Best car I have driven.

Sam
SamCanberra89 posts

Jmill
JmillSydney, NSW5 posts

Nice comfy car to drive

My Tucson Active X is now near it’s 3rd year and 41,000 km. So far so nice to drive, its a bit slow on acceleration but that’s what I expect from a 2wd. leather seats still looking newish and still no issues with the car overall.

We have no regret buying this family wagon

Bruce Larsen  T423242
Bruce Larsen T4232422 posts

Terrible

I purchased a 2017 awd diesel 2lt tuscon in april. It shuddered at different speeds which after several times taking it hack to the dealer finally did a software update. That fixed the shuddering but then we have a rumble at 70kmh in cruise which it did not do prior to the software update. Mechanic stated at the dealership it had a problem after driving the demo which it didnt rumble. Hyundai after having the vehicle for over 20 days tell us now there is no problem as thats normal. We will never buy another hyundai again. We have had several hyundais but this truly shows the companies colours. We have only driven 5000km since april.

C354R
C354RAveley9 posts
  Verified Tucson TL Elite 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Very smooth and luxurious

Our Tucson gets used everyday of the week, and so far it has been great. All the comforts of a luxury car but without the price tag. We bought a large SUV to make way for our growing family, and thus far we have had no problems with it. We love the automatic lights, push start, push button back door and all the tech stuff inside. On the downside, it does fail (at times) to change gears properly while on the road and has a lag in changing gears at the right times. The transmission by hyundai is the major let down. But apart from that, a beautiful car!

Vik
VikHeathcote
Anne G
Anne GAU2 posts

problems with transmission

we bought this car for everyday around town driving. Since we have purchased the car there is a dangerous acceleration lag which occurs when the car has been stopped (for instance at traffic lights or intersection) when you accelerate nothing happens. Now this does not happen every time but at least once per day. We have mentioned the problem which we consider to be a safety issue to both the dealership service manager and the customer service line but we have been told that is just the way it is and there is nothing wrong with the vehicle. Otherwise we are happy with the car but are considering a change to another make of vehicle.

CPW
CPWOakville6 posts
  Verified Tucson TL Active X AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic
Lauren
LaurenWide Bay-Burnett, QLD13 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Manual

Wouldn’t look back

We bought this car, after writing off our BMW X5. We no longer wanted a car with the same price tag as the BMW but we still wanted some form of luxury Iike leather seats.

We first looked at Mazda CX-5 and when the salesman wanted to show us the Hyundai Tucson, we initially thought he’d be wasting his time. Anyways after having a test drive and a look through, we were sold.

The Hyundai’s warranty was also another selling point. 5 year, umlimited kilometres :-)

We find this is a great, little family car :-) bit squishy when Nannie comes too though but that’s okay

James
JamesBrisbane4 posts
Sue
SueSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Tucson TL Active X 2WD, 2.0L Petrol, Automatic

Got the look, the feel, the comfort!

We love the feel, size and comfort our 2016 Tucson in platinum. It is very reasonable on fuel and drives very quiet and smoothly. We at first disliked the sound of the indicator but have gotten used to it, as it sounded like a toy.

Love the 'Christmas Lights' (as hubby likes to call them) the daylight strips curved at the front and the high beam is great. It came with leather seats. Must confess we were disappointed there was no cd player which seems to be common now. Have had no problems in nearly 2 years and are hooked on Hyundai.

ALANNA REINERT
ALANNA REINERTVictoria7 posts

Cant live with out it

LOVEEEE MY TUCSON!!! We tow our van with it, put the dog in the back, it's sporty but also has plenty of room! We have the Highlander we love all the extra features. We also have a diesel and we get over 700kms a tank. would highly recommend this car to anyone

darkfaery7
darkfaery7Perth, WA48 posts
  Verified Tucson TL Highlander AWD, 1.6L Petrol, Automatic
Sam131
Sam131VIC, 301213 posts
darkerheart
darkerheartURRAWEEN4 posts

nearly a great car

overall i am impressed .i miss the c.d. player but the positive is i now know how to rip cds onto a usb stick thanks to youtube.only dislike is that the auto hunts gears at low speeds but over 60 kph it settles down nicely.2.0 diesel is impressive as i,ve never owned one before.hard plastic interior is a bit raw looking in places.

Mark P
Mark PAU2 posts
  Tucson TL Highlander AWD, 1.6L Petrol, Automatic

Transmission really lets this car down

My MY18 tuscon highlander has serious throttle and lag issue in low speeds. It doesn't register that you are applying the accelerator and just sits there. Eventually the car launches forward and you have to catch it before you slam into the person in front. Took it to Hyundai to investigate and told me that there was nothing wrong with the car. Advice given was that "I needed to learn how to drive it due to the dual clutch characteristics." So now I have a very frustrating car to drive. Hyundai has buried their head in the sand with this issue. Just have a look at the class action being undetaken in the US. It will take someone to pull out in traffic and stall before something will be done in Australia.

Lyn
LynPerth, WA4 posts
  TL

An absolute pleasure to drive!

Very comfortable and easy to drive. Very quite. Cruise control good to have also love having the rear Camara. Plenty of leg room. A few blind spots and passenger front seat isn't adjustable. Lots of room for luggage etc. In the back. Front seat covers aren't very good and didn't have any for the back. Loving it!

Katie
KatieBrisbane6 posts
  TL

Perfect car for growing family

Car is great to drive, quiet and has all the safety features like rear camera. Lots more space on the car, I easily fit 2 car seats in the back with room to spare. Boot space is also amazing. A tank of petrol also last me about 1.5 weeks driving everyday 30mins to and from work

Jane L
Jane LAU2 posts

Gearbox will cause accidents

The Tucson Highlander, paid close to $50,000.00 for it 12 months ago. The only REAL problem with this car is a HUGE one. In peak hour traffic, 2 - 20km/hour, the car either does not respond when you accelerate slowly or it leaps forward dangerously trying to throw you into the vehicle ahead. Hyundai service respond with stating this cannot be fixed, due to the turbo engine’s dual clutch auto transmission and gearbox... it is totally dangerous and will cause an accident. I hate driving the car in traffic. Have done 7000km in 12 months. Will never look at Hyundai vehicles again... should have stuck with Mazda!!!

Saz
Saz4 posts

Love! Love! Love!

We recently updated our family car from our old (unreliable) Holden Captiva to a new 2018 Hyundai Tucson Highlander. After lots of research and test drives we decided to go with the Hyundai and it was a great decision! Absolutely beautiful to drive, countless cool extras like heated seats, sunroof, automatic boot etc, etc. We decided to go diesel and the fuel economy is amazing. Definitely highly recommend!

Jacquie

Grahame K.Illawarra, NSW12 posts
Amy
AmySydney10 posts

Surprisingly spacious and pleasant

Quiet car. Good height from the ground. Great drive (but gets loud when going uphill slight elevation). Comfy seats and nice back support. Love seeing it every time I’m walking up to it - it’s a great reliable car. I love it. Good space at the back seats. Good trunk space too! Happy with our Tucson.

Dianne
DianneNorthern Region, NSW6 posts

Great SUV for great price

Bought in Dec and already 15000km. Great car. Low road noise. Awesome inclusions in Highlander. Love the glass sunroof and heated/cooled seats. Runs economically. Plenty of leg and head room. Only neg to us was that you can't have digital speed and distance to empty on display at same time like our previous cars. Storage area is good but if travelling with more than 3 people luggage space could be an issue. Would definitely recommend. Very happy with purchase.

don
donToowoomba6 posts

Highlander 2017 love it!

Love this vehicle. The heated seats are worth every cent. Leather seats with air conditioned seats too. Sleek inside easy to operate media system. Dash is very easy to use. Room back seat. The rear seats recline. Spacious boot with cover. Our second Hyundai and now we are spoilt we will will always by Hyundai as the warm seats are just so good on a sore back.