Hyundai Veloster FS

Hyundai Veloster FS (2012-2017) (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Heather L

Heather LGlendale

This car is cute, but it has mechanical gremlins. Run away!

As others have stated, the battery on my 2013 Veloster Turbo has died on me at least ten times, for no reason, usually after not having been driven for a day or two. Not a month, a day or two. The dealer says "there's nothing wrong!". I'm sick of getting stranded and having to jump start this car. I've read thread after thread of people who have had the exact same problem. When is Hyundai going to acknowledge that this is an ongoing problem with their car???

BadgeSR Turbo

Stu-e CFMEU

Stu-e CFMEULangwarrin

5 Year Warranty = Lies !

Alberto6439

Alberto6439South East Queensland, QLD

Snappy HatchBack

Had an Audi 2007 very difficult to replace due to its quality so after doing my homework and a extensive research and a chat with my pockets I went for the Veloster turbo early 2015 because: 5 year warranty, 10 years road assistance, Lifetime Capped Price Servicing ($250), 3 years’ Free Map Update Plan.
Plus 150kw power is snappy when you step on it very cheap on petrol and the quality of the interior, the leather, the controls really amaze me, 40k quiet affordable for all the toys it has inside and out compared to similar sport cars and last but no least the 3rd door for the kids is a catch !!!!! very happy !!

BadgeSR Turbo
Lauren

LaurenMelB

LEMON CAR

sumbodeeh
sumbodeeh

It's the cars fault your hit the kerb and scratched the wheels? Oh please...

david hambleton
david hambleton

In Australia, it is law and has been for a very long time that speedos have to read under, not technically, legally. Saves you from radars anyway.

Love my car

I have had no major problems with my Veloster. I love it. Have no regrets in purchasing it. I don't think I would like another type of car at this stage.
Customer service I have received has been ok. Car has run with out any issues. Happy customer.
Sun roof, the style, colour

Great little car

I love it. Great little car and goes like a rocket. My previous Hyundai Excel went for 18 years. I am glad I bought Hyundai again. The Veloster is an excellent little car and the fuel consumption is amazing. All the bells and whistles as well. I would recommend this car for sure.
Reliable, excellent fuel consumption. Quality finish.
The only thing I would say is a negative why, if they can put the third side door very craftily concealed, didn't they put another door on the other side?

Extremely disappointed

Extremely disappointedSydney

Will Never Buy From Hyundai

Susan Heath
Susan Heath

I have had nothing but issue and complete static that rums though out my 2013 veloster. The interior actually shows burn marks. I have had it into Hyundai twice. They cannot find a issue. I have now filed for the Lemon Law in Florida.

niko87

Battery carries 2 years 40,000km warranty (I think) so the dealer needs to replace free of charge.

Second Rate Satellite Navigation System

If it was just the car I would have given 5 stars, but lack of customer care and a navigation system that does not perform I can only give one, it has been two months now and the dealer has given up on me and left it to Hyundai to call me, that was a couple of weeks ago and I don't expect them to call, I have sent an email to Carsguide.com and will wait for his reply, if the speedo on my car was not 7kph out and the sat nav showed speed instead of altitude at least I would know accurately what speed I was travelling, the other issues involve applications that just don't work, but the owners manual says the opposite.
The car itself is all it should be
Customer Care Sat Nav

Cal28

Cal28Bathurst

Nice to drive, shame about the media player

Scott72

Scott72Queensland, Australia

Veloster + FS2

Anonymous03
Anonymous03

So does this Hyundai vacuum cleaner have better suction than a Dyson? I was thinking about purchasing this Hyundai turbo charged vacuum cleaner to clean my carpets.

Auzzie700

Auzzie700AU

Hyundai, you are perfect

Bought this car about two weeks ago. What a great vehicle. Comfortable, stylish, feature packed, fun to drive, brilliant handling, room in the back for an adult to sit comfortably, plenty of boot space. It is such a pleasure to drive and brings a smile to my face very time I get in.

Hyundai as really come of age and you can see why other manufacturers are running scared.
Styling, Standard Features, Comfort, Stereo, Driving Manners
No Exhaust Note

99% happy +1% if I don't have buy navigation

renee43
renee43

Hi,
Where did you get your navigation system put in ?
I have the same problem.

Matt32

Matt32PERTH

Not quite there....

niko87

Yeah but you missed one very important think that Hyundai has going for it over a Holden. Reliability! I had a Holden and it was the biggest mistake I had ever make. Hyundai's reliability is well renowned. I also heard the cruze has gearbox problems.

Tania10
Tania10

Hyundai, reliable in the same sentence LOL! I suggest you check your facts before making silly comments niko

Ian perkins

Ian perkinsasked

Over all I'm thinking of buying a 2013 turbo are they any good?

Kezza

Kezzaasked

So I’ve been told the car is gutless, I’m looking at buying a 2015 turbo auto my16 FS II Veloster
A
Would love to know your thoughts?

Dolly1869
Dolly1869

I only have a base model Veloster and have to agree that it doesn't have a lot of power. However, I don't need or want a powerful car. I'm sure the turbo model would be better. It's a great little car overall.

Tex Mex
Tex Mex

the non turbo is average but the turbo is very good. However go for the veloster N or i30 N

honesty
honesty

Mine is a non turbo yep it's gutless. Friends call it the sewing machine. I wanted a small economical car and that's what it is no more no less. After having it a year now, my disappointments are that it has no sat nav, I find the ride very hard due to the low profile tyres and it's very noisy in the cabin compared to our other family car. Plenty of room in the back from passengers under 5'2 - others will be very cramped.

Mick N

Mick Nasked

Nav won't change it's start point. Just keeps showing an address that we are no where near. Any ideas?

Horse
Horse

Hi Mick
I am also having problems with my sat. nav. as well as the AM radio. I am unable to offer a solution
Kind regards
Horse (Graham)

Philip Wibaux
Philip Wibaux

Get the sofware update and do it before three years when the warranty expires for the radio and satnav.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

CategoryHatchbacks
Starting Price $29,990
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT) and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrol