Iams Original

Iams Original

See the Best Cat Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Iams? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.7

Knights Cottage
    Knights Cottage

Iams indoor dry

I purchased the Iams proactive health indoor weight and hairball care.
    I like that its Australian made. Number One ingredient is chicken.
    My Four cats do have rather toxic smelling poo and are drinking more water since eating this. However its only been a short time and their belly's need to adjust.
    I only bought due to running out of the Royal Canin brand I usually buy.
    This will be great for those times I run out of preferred brand. Handy being able to get at supermarket.
    There was no option to buy a bigger packet so purchased four small 1 kilo packets from Coles on special at $11.00 each.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $11.00.

Sarahlouphillips
    SarahlouphillipsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cats love it

Iams cat food is what we have been purchasing for years for the cats and they love it. They have all been very healthy and have had no dental issues. This has been enough without having to buy wet food for the cats.

Purchased in January 2007.

Other Cat Foods

Paws awhile
    Paws awhileAU

My cat's water consumption increased dramatically

Cazza
    CazzaBrisbane

One of the few reconstituted meat wet foods my cat will eat

Although she will only eat the salmon one in the orange packet. We have tried a number of wet foods and she tends not to eat spam like foods. She has no issues with the whole fish types which are generally more expensive. With this Iams, she loves the gravy, and deigns the remaining spam meat able to be eaten at a later time after her gravy entree. She's never turned her nose up at it, which is good, as I don't know what else I would try if she won't eat this.

Cat Foods

Find out how Iams Original compares to other Cat Foods

sweetgirl
    sweetgirlSydney Surrounds, NSW

Loves the Chicken But Doesn't Like one of the Fish one's

Cathay
    CathayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not be obliged to feed the exact amount stated. My cat has a lot more each day and is not overweight.
    That it is cheaper than buying smaller varieties of cat food and it actually helps with digestion and teeth.
    Is expensive but does last the distance.

bat
    batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

shellfreak
    shellfreak

Good

I have occasionally bought this cat food when it has been on special at the pet stores and I have been impressed with the quality of it. The biscuits are definitely of a higher quality than supermarket bough cat food and my cat will always eat this food when I serve it. It is more expensive but you do get what you pay for in regards to pet food and this is one of the better brands. I like that you can buy it in very large bags so it works out more affordable and lasts longer.
    Good quality, can buy in large bags.

Other Cat Foods

sushimoo
    sushimoo

Bad

Iams is pet food from an enormous company (P&G) with misleading advertisements while sponsoring vet schools teaching vets to recommend this product. Iams is actually a cheaply made food with a huge price tag. It is no better than supermarket food, but double the price... This is not worth it. The ingredients are just like supermarket food anyways! My cats didn't like this "super-premium" food, stopped eating it after a few bites. If you are splurging on your cat/s, you would be better off buying Royal Canin.
    gives you a feeling of completeness as you know that " the vet recommended this "
    price>ingredients, cats ate a bit but then stopped

Cat Foods

Find out how Iams Original compares to other Cat Foods

em_butterfly
    em_butterfly

Bad

I used to work at a vet and was able to buy products cheaper so I put my cats on Iams after having them on a supermarket brand, I found my cats quickly got sick of the taste and I was having to buy the small 900g bags to alternate the flavours reguarly, having 3 cats this was very uneconomical. Though this food is high quality I found the high price of it to not be worth it. My cats are not fussy which is why I was very suprised they stopped liking the flavour so often. Whilst on the Iams I didnt really notice a difference in my cats.
    high quality