5IAMS Proactive Health Healthy Adult Original

55% · 64 · 36%

Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes · No
Smell
Brand Manager for IAMS? Claim your listing.

Keen
KeenWollongong29 posts

concerning and waste of $

I have found that every time my cats eat this particular food, which they now actively avoid eating, they throw up undigested piles of it.
my dog just happened to get to the cat bowl today and he also vomited it all up.

so I am having to throw out a huge bag of food!

I've used this in the past (some years back) with no issue. such a shame that the quality is now so lacking. Show details

Nicole B.
Nicole B.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Chicken iams

I have used chicken iams for over 30 years, I’m a cat breeder and recommended your product to all my new pet owners. Cant believe we can’t buy it anymore in Australia, very disappointed. Show details
Sarahlouphillips
SarahlouphillipsSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Cats love it

Iams cat food is what we have been purchasing for years for the cats and they love it. They have all been very healthy and have had no dental issues. This has been enough without having to buy wet food for the cats. Show details
Paws awhile
Paws awhileAU8 posts

Cazza
CazzaBrisbane16 posts

One of the few reconstituted meat wet foods my cat will eat

Although she will only eat the salmon one in the orange packet. We have tried a number of wet foods and she tends not to eat spam like foods. She has no issues with the whole fish types which are generally more expensive. With this Iams, she loves the gravy, and deigns the remaining spam meat able to be eaten at a later time after her gravy entree. She's never turned her nose up at it, which is good, as I don't know what else I would try if she won't eat this.

sweetgirl
sweetgirlSydney Surrounds, NSW67 posts

Cathay
CathayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC27 posts

Do not be obliged to feed the exact amount stated. My cat has a lot more each day and is not overweight.
That it is cheaper than buying smaller varieties of cat food and it actually helps with digestion and teeth.
Is expensive but does last the distance.
bat
batGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC110 posts

shellfreak
shellfreak168 posts

Good

I have occasionally bought this cat food when it has been on special at the pet stores and I have been impressed with the quality of it. The biscuits are definitely of a higher quality than supermarket bough cat food and my cat will always eat this food when I serve it. It is more expensive but you do get what you pay for in regards to pet food and this is one of the better brands. I like that you can buy it in very large bags so it works out more affordable and lasts longer.
Good quality, can buy in large bags.
sushimoo
sushimoo20 posts

Bad

Iams is pet food from an enormous company (P&G) with misleading advertisements while sponsoring vet schools teaching vets to recommend this product. Iams is actually a cheaply made food with a huge price tag. It is no better than supermarket food, but double the price... This is not worth it. The ingredients are just like supermarket food anyways! My cats didn't like this "super-premium" food, stopped eating it after a few bites. If you are splurging on your cat/s, you would be better off buying Royal Canin.
gives you a feeling of completeness as you know that " the vet recommended this "
price>ingredients, cats ate a bit but then stopped
em_butterfly
em_butterfly26 posts

Bad

I used to work at a vet and was able to buy products cheaper so I put my cats on Iams after having them on a supermarket brand, I found my cats quickly got sick of the taste and I was having to buy the small 900g bags to alternate the flavours reguarly, having 3 cats this was very uneconomical. Though this food is high quality I found the high price of it to not be worth it. My cats are not fussy which is why I was very suprised they stopped liking the flavour so often. Whilst on the Iams I didnt really notice a difference in my cats.
high quality