Ideal Introductions & Match Makers

Ideal Introductions & Match Makers

Unwilling couldn't give a dam

Nice when they're trying to get your money, they promise you the world, but once they have it the service is terrible .. l got sick of them setting me up with non-compatible women..

Hi Carl, as per the email I have sent you. The last thing we want is unhappy clients. I am really keen to chat further with you when you return from holidays so we can resolve this situation. We are currently compiling a report which will include all information needed by myself to have an informed discussion with you. As you can appreciate, we also need to take into account the ladies views and feedback on their dates with you, to be able to understand the full picture of events. Kindest regards, Linda Prescott. Ideal Introductions.We have compiled the following information whilst also emailing Carl again requesting contact on his return. He still has membership remaining with Ideal. I personally feel the membership could have been a bit smoother so I am keen to continue with Carl personally if he will allow me the opportunity. He was introduced to 6 ladies. One was not counted. Two he had multiple dates with but they didn't wish to pursue relationships with him. One lady he would have wanted to see again but she declined. Two ladies he didn't wish to see again and one of them would have seen him again, had he been interested. Unfortunately finding that connection both sides of people wanting to form a relationship is never an exact science or an easy process. We obviously wish all our clients found happiness through our process and it clearly can be upsetting and frustrating for our clients when it doesn't happen. Unfortunately with dating you get no's until you get a yes. 1st introduction - "S" was not counted as an introduction as we didn't get it right. She apparently was very religious with extreme beliefs. This was something we were not aware of prior which is unusual. Feedback provided by Carl..." Polar caps apart". He was very disappointed, spent 3 hours with her and was a gentleman. 2nd introduction - "J"... They had two introductions and then she decided she didn't wish to pursue things with Carl. Feedback provided by Carl after first date... "Thanks for getting this one right." 3rd introduction - "L"... They had at least four dates that we know of but then she decided she only wanted a friendship with Carl. Feedback provided by Carl after first date... "Beautiful woman who I want to get to know better". 4th introduction - "S"... They had one date and Carl didn't wish to pursue things. Feedback provided by Carl after first date... "Friendly lady, the conversation flowed but just not my type". 5th introduction - "K"... They had one date and she didn't wish to pursue things. Carl was very annoyed as she wanted to leave after they had finished dinner saying she was sick and not going to the football with him. 6th introduction - "J"... They had one date and Carl didn't wish to pursue things. Feedback provided by Carl after first date... "She is a lovely lady but a poor match for me". He didn't find her attractive to him. Sincerely, Linda Prescott. Director Ideal Introductions.Dear Linda thanks for your kind words. I signed up for the most expensive product you had avaiable, around $4600 l was told that l would be guaranteed to recieve minimum of 8 dates., which l didnt get..And the professional photo shoot also, l never received that either, it came with a personal stylus aswell and l never received that.. when l signed your contract at your office those 3 things came with it l was told.. l was never offered or recieved a follow up call even after 3 or 4 months of being a client of yours..Very disappointing

Shocking

32 year old female:
If there is any other way you could possibly think of to meet someone- try it first.
This service was a horrible waste of money from the very first meeting.
On my first interview, I was shown three potential 'suitors' who all fit my brief (and handsome). After signing up the next day, all of a sudden, they were no longer available. Then I was matched into dating people who were really not what I wanted but was told to give them a chance. That chance cost a lot and very quickly I burned through my very awkward dates with guys that I didn't have anything in common with including one who didn't even live in a radius that could eventuate to a relationship (he didnt live in that radius).
I also heard from a friend they were using my photo long after I had pulled the plug. Using the same trick on someone else with my photo! Terrible.
Just like another review, the communication was so bad, I asked never to be contacted again.
Please don't now either.

Dear Alana, There are so many things about this review that just don't make sense to me with what is standard office procedure here at Ideal. Please contact me personally so we can discuss your concerns. Sincerely, Linda Prescott.I have looked through our complaint register for the last two years and nothing marries up to indicate such a complaint so I am at a loss moving forward, unless you contact me personally. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to meet with you and rectify this situation. Kindest regards, Linda Prescott.Dear Linda, I believe I gave enough opportunity for rectification when I was signed up. I do not require further action.Merely giving people the chance to hear about my experience has been enough. I genuinely felt like the service was below par and I don't want to give anymore time to this. Of course you care, it is your business. But it's not my role to give more of my time to you. The staff I dealt with didn't take my complaints seriously enough that I felt I had to air them publicly months on. Clearly. I imagine there are many more unhappy customers to shy to air their grievences. I hope they've done done well since. Regards, "Alana"

Waste of money and time.

- good at marketing and selling you hope of professional care
- price is significantly high and disproportional to service provided
- gets your basic information wrong, despite you have personally filled in a form about yourself and met their staff during sign up talking about yourself. Honestly, meeting you did not equate to knowing you at all.
- constantly match you with people that don't even come close to your basic request/ factors of consideration. (Again, purpose of the forms and ongoing discussions?)
- description of matches over the phone is very sugar coated. Basic information you'd get on Internet dating profiles is more factual and informative.
- provide as much detail in every after date feedback you want, constant same formula of next mismatch, not listening and not improving service.

Honestly, Internet dating can be hit and miss but at least you are not wasting significant cash on useless service wasting your and your date's time.

Dear Reviewer, clearly you're expectations are different to what is being delivered in your membership. Please contact me personally so we can meet face to face and discuss all your concerns so we can work out a plan of action moving forward. Kindest regards, Linda Prescott.Hi Linda, Thank you for your offer, but I will decline thanks. I have higher priority matters to attend to. More than sufficient open and consistent communication (verbal and written) have been provided throughout the process. More than enough time in duration and number of opportunities each time to review the feedback was provided, but was not utilised/applied. It is what it is. I'd also like to terminate all communication thank you and will not be replying from here on. There is a reason I am leaving a comment on a third party opinion site. Thank you for respecting that in advance. Kind regards, MacCheeseDear Reviewer, unfortunately we don't always get it right and it is disappointing when that happens for us and our clients. Sincerely wishing you every happiness for the future and the offer to meet with me in person will still be open if you change your mind. Kindest regards, Linda

Waste of Money

Expensive service that I found a complete waste of money - in my case it seemed like little or no effort was put into matching after money changed hands. I am 5 ft 9 and specified my match needed to be 5ft 10 and above - 3 out of 4 matches were 5 ft 9 or less and I don't care what they said on their form!
Staff can be rude and unprofessional at times and I can honestly say I would have more luck selecting a potential partner on an online dating site as at least you can match yourself more accurately on height etc. I felt that a "matchmaking stranger" convinced me and assured me that they knew what I was looking in a partner but when it came to the crunch they couldn't even get the height match right 3 out of 4 times. This was relayed to the agency after each and every date but only the last match out of 4 met the height requirement!

As per previous postI am currently communicating with the reviewer and organising a meeting so we can discuss her complaint in person. Linda Prescott. Director Ideal Introductions.Our member has now decided to meet with me and is advising of convenient time this week or next so we can move forward. Please find email sent prior to her agreeing to meet with me. Hi 'M', If you don't wish to come back in I do understand and will respect your wishes but if I was to give you another introduction which I was planning on, with me doing it personally, I would need to meet you so I can get to know you rather than just reading your profile. The other thing I wanted to show you was on your profile in your writing you have stated the men need to be 175+ not 178+ as you said in the review. I do believe you when you say three out of four men were shorter than you after researching their files.... but that was with your high heels on. I love heels myself so i remembered when "S" mentioned in his feedback you wore lovely bright red high heels. Unfortunately the average man in Australia is 175cm tall and only 10% of men are 6ft or over. You being so lovely and tall I know it must be frustrating for you. The men you met were 177, 178, 180 and 186cm's... Legislation requires us to check everyone's license and record on the back of their files just as we did with you. When we check the Men's it is compulsory for all consultants to check their license height matches their profile height and if it doesn't we change accordingly. We have been caught out in the past many years ago on several occasions so now we just do it every time. I am in the office tmrw if you would like to call me to discuss further or if you would like to meet up please let me know when can suit you. Kindest regards and hope you had a relaxing Australia Day. Linda

Buyer beware!

I took out the most expensive type of service offered and paid for many inclusions. The inclusions stopped after a while with no explanation. As well as this, the introductions were seriously mismatched. My experience was that even basic information on potential matches was frequently incorrect and I found ideal a very confusing company to deal with.
It was an absolute waste of my time, money and effort.
My suggestion is to try somewhere else, don't waste your money.

Unfortunately we didn't find you a husband Anna, which was our ultimate goal. You joined Ideal 4 times over a 12 year period, were in three relationships through us and made several solid friendships over the time. Our database tripled through that period and our processes were constantly reviewed and streamlined in order to improve and maintain good customer service. After two heated discussions with you Anna it was very apparent to me you were not prepared to work within our current guidelines at Ideal and it was no longer beneficial for us to continue working together. I do sincerely hope you find what you are looking for. Linda Prescott. Director Ideal Introductions.Dear Linda What you have stated is patently untrue...seriously ? 4 contracts ? I have never been in a relationship with any of your matches . A few dates was as far as it went . You force me to go 'on hold ' If I went on a second date . I took out a lifetime contract and you then voided the options I paid for in good faith , without my consent or any discussion. You have refused a refund . You should be shut down . Your business practices are completely unethical .Andrew B 2007, Peter M 2009, Peter D 2010

Ageism at its best

It all depends on your age on whether they will even take you on, I made an inquiry only to be told that at the ripe old age of 51 they don't deal with people in my demographic and they won't be taking on people in my demographic in the future.

Don't bother dealing with these people if you are over 50 as they are an ageist and discriminatory, their customer service and emailing is insulting and unfriendly. I have attached the email I received below. If they only cater to a specific age range state up front don't waste my time and insult me into the bargain.
So my introduction to this company was cold and very poor customer service.

Please accept my apology if you feel that we have wronged you. Please understand we actually do have your best interests at heart by declining an interview with you at this point in time. We are definitely not ageish. We actually had great success earlier this year with a lovely couple in their 80's who are now getting married. If we offended you for not contacting you personally it was purely because we receive about 10 new enquiries a day who we know from the information provided we cannot assist so hence the automatic email they receive. The email has been carefully drafted in the most polite way ensuring potential members understand our situation. Every member who has joined Ideal has been joined because we fully believe we can provide the highest level of quality service. We have made a commitment to them and in order for us to do this we have to keep the database compatibly matched with ratios of men to women. Each member has been guaranteed by contract a set number of introductions over a set period of time with an approximate timeframe between introductions. If we were to join every person who enquires out set service levels would not be able to be upheld. So you understand more clearly. In your age range of 50's there are 37% more single women actively looking for relationships compared to men. If was to join every woman who enquires our ratio of men to women would probably be 80/20. That would mean very unhappy members and compromised service for everyone. When we close off enrolments to certain demographics it is usually temporary. We will tweak our advertising to attract the demographic we require and when the numbers are more even again we open the enrolments. It is not only your demographic that is a constant juggling act for us. It is always changing. We would hope potential members would appreciate our honesty and trust our judgement as all our decisions are always made for the well being or our existing members. Unfortunately we can't have success for everyone. Please find below the email which was received by this reviewer. Dear L, Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and registering your details. We appreciate that sometimes contacting Ideal may be a big step. Unfortunately right at this time we cannot assist you as we just don't have enough clients within your corresponding age demographic. We are not enrolling any new clients within your demographic to ensure the database stays workable for our current active members. Ideally, introducing everyone who enquires is our ultimate goal but when we know we cannot provide optimal service our hands are unfortunately tied. Our database is however constantly changing, so just because we cannot help you today doesn't mean we can't in the future. Kindest regards and thanks for your understanding. I really don't know how we can do things differently. Sincerely, Linda Prescott. Director Ideal Introductions.If you don't understand you never will.

Disappointed only want your money!!!!!!

I joined ideal introductions with high hopes and was sold a very nice lie. Unfortunately as soon as I signed up it was almost a month and several phone calls before I got a date. When I met the date I was very shocked as he he was a nice person but in no way was what I had specified or was in no way like he was described to me. When I tried to explain to them that I was unhappy with the service the responses I got was rude and inappropriate rather than apologising and talking things though with me they threw back in my face how much work they had done on my case already and recited back my feedback to me which I was led to believe was for the person you went on a date with to read. I am not a nasty person and I don't think it was his fault that we were set up. Anyway the date wasn't really the problem it was the lack of service and when I tried to explain I was unhappy I wasn't listened too. Unfortunately I could only afford the lowest package and unfortunately here that $800+ adds up to nothing. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE they only want your money. When I tried again to email them I have received no response. I am now considering the office of fair trading. I hope no one else gets used by this service they really don't care about their customers at all.

Dear Reviewer, Please contact me personally so we can rectify this situation and move forward in a positive way. Please accept my apology if your service has taken a different turn than expected. We can and will fix this for you. Sincerely, Linda Prescott. Director of Ideal Introductions.After a little detective work we've determined the above reviewer. A complaint was received via email in relation to a conversation which occurred with our Relationship Manager. She was simply following procedure and was being stern with what needed to occur from our client for her membership to proceed as stipulated. I had responded personally to her email but was yet to receive a reply. After contacting her again today we now have a scheduled meeting for next Friday so we can get on the same page and start the search again. Sincerely, Linda Prescott. Director of Ideal Introductions.We met and the meeting went well. We came up with a plan action moving forward and she has been on another date, still no success but we are moving forward and working towards that goal. Linda Prescott.

Do not waste your money

I invested with Ideal to help me meet someone special. I was excited, albeit nervous, to start with. I thought it would be an amazing way to meet someone. Wrong!! My first date was so diabolical I thought it might have been a set up to make me stronger so I could at least say "no date could be worse than that!". Not only did they not listen to any of the feedback I gave them (which incidentally is supposedly very important for them to find you the right partner) but practically bulldozed me into dates with men who were just not in anyway shape or form right for me. I was so angry after every date I went on. When I had first visited their office to meet with one of the "matchmakers", I felt so horrible about myself. She made me feel so awful with her comments. Do not use this service. They take a lot of money from you and will not deliver. Online dating can be hit or miss, but at least you are not out of pocket thousands of dollars.

Dear reviewer, Reading this review actually horrifies me. We do have a Relationship Manager who deals with feedback on a daily basis and our clients always have the choice of declining an introduction if they don't wish to meet. If there was a complaint on this level I would deal with it personally and either take over their file or organise a refund if I felt the service was sub-standard. Reading the comment ''I felt so horrible about myself'' makes me wonder why would someone join with us if this is the way we made them feel. This whole reviews just makes so sense to me at all and if this has occurred I need to fix this. Please contact me personally to discuss further.. Kindest regards, Linda Prescott. Ideal Introductions.I have determined which client wrote the above review and have left a message with her to discuss the situation further. I am awaiting a returned call.My call has not been returned so I feel I need to state my version of events. I actually contacted this client two days prior to this review being posted, offering to look after her personally as she was not happy with her service. She politely declined so it was discussed that at our next board meeting I would put forward a request for a pro-rata refund. That will be finalised next week as promised. The reasoning behind my decision for the refund was her service was very slow and I now felt what she was asking for I was having trouble delivering. I really did want to have a discussion with her privately because the feedback she provided to us about her service is quite different to what she has written in her review. We require all clients to complete a Feedback form after each introduction they receive. It enables us to keep track with how compatible their introductions are and as feedback works both ways, it also informs us how they are coming across on their dates. This information needs to be correct to ensure successful dates for our clients. In her review she states her first introduction as 'diabolical, no date could be worse and was it a set up'...... The feedback we were provided from her states... 'A' organised to meet at the Reef at Gas works. It was a great venue. He was intelligent, honest, articulate with excellent presentation. Conversation was slow to start and never really flowed. No constructive feedback - he is a very nice, well dressed man. He paid for the date - nice gesture. There was no mental or physical attraction for me but he will be a great partner for someone else. We took this feedback on board and re-matched her. 2nd introduction took place. The feedback she provided was... 'G' organised the date to meet at Port side Hamilton. We had a drink then dinner at one of my favourite restaurants Gusto da Gianni. He was intelligent, charming, witty with excellent presentation. Conversation was quite easy from both sides. No constructive feedback. They went on to have three or four dates. The third and fourth introductions whilst on paper were compatible in person they did not work out. Responding to her comment 'the Matchmaker made me feel horrible about myself'. This client re-visited our office 6 months after her initial meeting and this is a delicate topic, but... her personal appearance had changed somewhat. Her consultant advised her if she still wanted to meet the same style of man she needed to get back to where she was prior and offered some advice in doing so. This was done in a kind way with no malice intended. As Matchmakers we are required to be honest and upfront and give tough love where needed to ensure we can deliver what our clients are requiring. Even though we did not know at the time these comments hurt her feelings I have personally apologised since. Her refund will be finalised next week and we wish her every happiness for the future. Sincerely, Linda Prescott. Director Ideal Introductions.

Big on promises but...

My advice: Save your money

The consultant was very professional in her dealings with me but that's the only upside to this.

Based on the consultant's presentations and advice, I bought a package close to $3000. Promises were made but the very first match that was arranged was disappointing. That lady clearly did not match my criteria and was not interested at all. The subsequent matches arranged just kept going downhill from there.

The consultant seemed sincere, but at the same time seems to be wanting to rush through all the matches I have under the contract. I gave up on the service before reaching the last match allowed in my contract and told them to put it on hold back then. Never went ahead with that last match ever since but I guess the contract period should have lapsed by now.

Recently, the consultant rang me up after an extremely long lapse, which jolted my memory about using this service and to write a review based on my own personal experience.
Professional in their dealings but that's about it
Trying to rush through the matches allowed in the contract

Amakusa Shiro, Being in the business of personal relationships and love for the last 21 years means I generally never forget a face or a name. After reading this review the name did not sound familiar at all so I did some background research. I have checked our database for the last 7 years as well as our myob records and no person of this name has ever been a member of Ideal Introductions. Kindest regards, Linda Prescott Director Ideal Introductions.Dear Linda, I can assure you my review is my personal experience and my consultant is not you but another lady. My nick here is not my actual name, that is why you will not be able to find it in your records. I have nothing against your company and no agenda either. My review is my personal experience that I have gone through. Cheers!If that is in fact the case please contact me personally so I can discuss your situation with you. Kindest regards Linda

Don't go near them

I bought a voucher and went along for my visit to Ideal Introductions, this was just before Christmas 2012. The first interview seemed promising before the consulant left the room and left me with a list of very over priced packages. Upon leaving and not signing up to any of their packages I haven't heard from them since and it is now February 2013, not even a follow up of any type. I am an attractive female, 37 years old, no kids, great job, very well presented but there are no matches for me, I find this very hard to believe. I even question how many men they even have on their books. My advice is to save your $$$ and keep with internet dating. I only lost $60 with a coupon I would shudder to think I wasted $1,000's on one of their packages.

Total waste of time and money.

Unfortunately there was a communication breakdown between Ideal and [name removed]. She had not signed up for a membership or become a member so therefore was not contacted again or offered any introductions by us. She is now using our service. Sincerely, Linda Prescott Director Ideal Introductions.I have to clarify that there was certainly no communication breakdown between the parties (just never got any follow up from my initial consultation) and Linda actually pressured me to take down the review (which I am glad I didn't'. I stand by my review they are useless and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Save your hard earned money and go with a company that can actually find you suitable matches and actually listen to what you want. I was matched with someone who was totally not a match for me and with a couple of heated e-mail exchanges between Linda and I, I haven't heard from them since. Their customer service is appalling and I find Linda highly offensive when she is given feedback as to the service they provide. I am sure the lovely Linda will read this review and have some sort of rebuttle of some sort praising herself and her team but hey I say it how I see it and I know others that have been stung by this company. I know I would appreciate a heads up before I spend money on a voucher or thousands on a membership. I believe with 20 years experience in matchmaking I have the expertise to guide my clients in their search for a lasting relationship. I will tell them if their expectations are a little unrealistic or if their dating skills need improvement. My ''tough love'' approach which is sometimes needed, can be the difference between someone finding love or not. I always have my clients best interest at heart and it is upsetting to know that unfortunately my advice isn't always welcomed. My greatest hope is that my clients find what they are looking for and I will always strive to do my best to achieve this. Sincerely, Linda Prescott Director Ideal Introductions.