IG

IG

See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by IG

• Rates and Fees

Anthony
AnthonyPerth, WA

Rip off unless you trade daily

They changed there fee structure and I didn't realise and lost all my money in fees. Stay away unless you want to daily trading. Anyway you live and learn and I will stay with the major providers

A D
A DSydney, NSW

Poor customer service

Opened an account with the company two months ago. No verification was requested. Last week was trying to withdraw funds suddenly asked to verify the banks account and a credit card as well. Which was uploaded on there platform and emailed four times. Still the company wasn’t able to verify the account. Should get some smart people behind the computer.
disappointed

William H.
William H.Far North Queensland, QLD

Be careful, IG investment manipulates the market on their platform

Defraud investors by inducing us to invest in their platform. After depositing a lot and seeing my profits grow, i only asked to withdraw a fraction of my profits, they suddenly manipulated the market to make it look like i had lost over half of my investment. They are not able to function with business capability and clearly don't understand legal requirements so i was advised to write a letter of complaint to support@fintrack.org. While IG tried to stall me from accessing my funds, fintrack.org gave me the access to withdraw. IG Investment is like a greedy child who won't give you back your own toys. Avoid this platform and never do business with them.

Shop_elsewhere
Shop_elsewhereMid North Coast, NSW

Wish I'd checked this site first

Yep, as others have said before, cannot withdraw money. Different person replying every time different excuse every time too. Very frustrating and would give 0 stars if possible. Tried to save some $ but should have gone with reputable provider from the start.

Carol
CarolGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can’t withdraw your money

Five days already since my 1st withdraw request has been declined. I have submitted all they need and still keep bouncing back, every time (5 times)you call them, they give you a different excuse of why they can’t send the money back to your account.stay away from IG!!!

michael s.
michael s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

IG is a total scam... run repeate run again.. i learnt quite late

I initially invested a total of $1,050,000 over a period of 5 weeks with IG broker. My bonus/profit was $8,300,000, every attempt to make withdrawal failed and I was instructed to make another deposit of $250,000 before I can make withdrawals which I did. Up till now, I’m still unable to make withdrawals and all attempt to contact broker has failed their customer service never replies nor pick calls placed across to them. my lawyers even had to write to them still to no avail. This is very pathetic and I felt so bad losing my investment. I did a due diligence test before investing with them but guess what I ended up getting burned. if [claimpayback.com] had not taken my case and reclaimed my loses, I would have been in an even bigger debt

IG worst

BEFORe YOU trading with IG, think couple of time because very very hard to withdraw your money. guys very careful, they ARE DOGGY COMPANY, i learn from my mistake. try to save few doller

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Charges fees for services other brokers provide free.

Has charged shareholders $150.00 to participate in votes. It is the right of investors to participate in a corporate vote for the shares they possess. If you like being charged more than almost any other investment service in the country for this right, IG is for you.

In short, this investing service doesn't aim to make you money, but wants to make money from you.

Isaac Wilson
Isaac WilsonSydney, NSW

withdrawal restriction coupled with severe slippages and slow executions

The withdrawal request wasn’t up to $100,000 yet they deducted $10,000 and the balance was never delivered to my account, apparently I still had to remit a 15% security deposit before I can withdraw. This was the first time I ever experienced such an issue, I read reviews on how fintrack .org helped out other victims in a similar situation, so with my proof of transaction, I opted for a chargeback with fintrack and I was given a full refund. I later got to notice severe slippages and slow executions on the IG investment platform.

Minesh S.
Minesh S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They wantto grab your all ard earned money

It's a fraud! You can never make money on CFDs and BT, Its worse than gambling. Only they can make money from small traders. Better to open an account with Interactive Brokers. They charge very low commisions and no CFD and BT . Very careful with your hard earned money guys !!!! Pleae do all your research before risk a single dollars of your hard earned money. Never trade spreads and CFD. YOU making rich to these monsters.

S Wos
S Wos

Would give no stars if I could.

Can never get hold of anyone on the phone, positions get stopped out on BID PRICE and not actually the last traded price (manipulation). Bullsht excuses when you finally get through on phone or email (a week later, some emails aren't even ever answered). Open positions forced closed. CFD become unable to be traded when you already have an open position. Absolute disgrace of a company. Quite happily moved my account to another broker for even less commissions. Oh, and they answer the phone, reply to emails, never close out positions, and DMA prices.

Unstable platform

The ability to login and trade has been terrible, especially once you have an open position. The App and site login fails as the "platform is unavailable" but their status is always apparently operational and green. You ability to get help from them in this instance is essentially 0 in my experience over the last 12 months

Jack C.
Jack C.Perth, WA

Gi sharing trading

Yes keep away from this company, first I deposit $500 from one of my bank accounts, but they still can’t tell me where that is , then I deposit $600 from my other bank account which they have but when I try to deposit back to my account, they keep stopping it , I’m over this company.

Aldridge Ella
Aldridge EllaCentral, TAS

IG is a fraudulent company

Malte
MalteSydney, NSW

Impossible to withdraw money

Can't withdraw money....every email has a new excuse...STAY AWAY!!!!!....it's been 4 weeks, 20 odd emails...Facebook chat conversations and so on...they try everything to keep your money

Don't even try to call

humberto h.
humberto h.asked

show me a good broker in Australia,Thanks,

Ben S.
Ben S.asked

What platforms are people using to open share accounts? I'm planning on buying and holding so want no hidden / subscription / dormant fees.

Coming from the UK I used hargreaves and landsown - it's great.

In Australia all the fee's (brokerage) seem very high, lots of hidden fees.

I want access to all overseas markets (mainly US and UK).

Any advice?

arthurasked

who pays the broker his fees for handling my account if i join

Adrian
Adrian

HI Arthur,

I'm not sure I really understand your question, as the answer seems obvious, so are you being sarcastic?
I actually don't regard IG as a stock broker in the traditional sense. They are for people who ACTIVELY TRADE.
Now I don't trade share CFDs, so cannot comment on that aspect of their business, but as people have pointed out here they seem to charge $50 if you don't trade at least 3 times. Hardly a big deal in my opinion.

If you trade Forex and other non-share CFDs then there are no fees to my understanding. No commissions (on their regular account anyway). Only spreads. So the more you trade, the more times you pay the spread, and the more times IG generates revenue for themselves.

So if you are an investor into shares, I would probably suggest you look to join a regular broker. In the end its all about TOTAL costs.

Hope this helps.

Jon Z
Jon Z

YOU Arthur, or more exactly the owner of the account.

arthur

no i wasnt being sarcastic it was a genuine inquiry as i have never been involved in this type of thing before thanks anyway regards arthur

Get an answer from our members and IG representatives

Other Forex & Share Trading Platforms