IG

IG

See the Best Forex & Share Trading Platforms in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by IG

hooper11
hooper11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No problems with as share trader

Ive had no problems. Ive traded, deposit and withdraw fee free. I trade more than once a month, so no account fees. Service on phone good. Tax statements free too.

humberto h.
humberto h.asked

show me a good broker in Australia,Thanks,

Ben S.
Ben S.asked

What platforms are people using to open share accounts? I'm planning on buying and holding so want no hidden / subscription / dormant fees.

Coming from the UK I used hargreaves and landsown - it's great.

In Australia all the fee's (brokerage) seem very high, lots of hidden fees.

I want access to all overseas markets (mainly US and UK).

Any advice?

arthurasked

who pays the broker his fees for handling my account if i join

Adrian
Adrian

HI Arthur,

I'm not sure I really understand your question, as the answer seems obvious, so are you being sarcastic?
I actually don't regard IG as a stock broker in the traditional sense. They are for people who ACTIVELY TRADE.
Now I don't trade share CFDs, so cannot comment on that aspect of their business, but as people have pointed out here they seem to charge $50 if you don't trade at least 3 times. Hardly a big deal in my opinion.

If you trade Forex and other non-share CFDs then there are no fees to my understanding. No commissions (on their regular account anyway). Only spreads. So the more you trade, the more times you pay the spread, and the more times IG generates revenue for themselves.

So if you are an investor into shares, I would probably suggest you look to join a regular broker. In the end its all about TOTAL costs.

Hope this helps.

Jon Z
Jon Z

YOU Arthur, or more exactly the owner of the account.

arthur

no i wasnt being sarcastic it was a genuine inquiry as i have never been involved in this type of thing before thanks anyway regards arthur

Get an answer from our members and IG representatives

Other Forex & Share Trading Platforms