iiNet Fibre To The Home (FTTH)

iiNet Fibre To The Home (FTTH)

This is perfect

Excellent customer service. Extremely reliable and fast. Only a few dropouts in 2 years. To be fair, they mostly occurred during violent thunder storms and did not last very long. A modem reset quickly fixes issues.

iiNet SCAM

I have been waiting for 2 Months for a refund, first iiNet were having an issue cancelling my service which took over a Month then I waited another Month to get a refund, my case manager [Name Removed] keeps giving me the run around saying it takes 20days for them to issue refunds and now after 20 days I am told my refund will be issued in 2 days, this was last week and today I am told there is an issue refunding me.

In August It will be 3 Months, no one has the decency to call me and instead send me a generic I am sorry email.

How does a company hold money from a customer that they could not provide a service to??? Why does it take 3 months to refund a customer???

Every time I am promised a call back it never happens, something has got to change with these companies.

The TIO has a wait time for escalating these situations of 12 weeks so you are just left out of pocket feeling frustrated and helpless.

Don’t even bother calling customer service as they are overseas and just as useless as there case managers

Start DateMay 2019
Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Sharon, Thanks for taking the time to get in touch and to leave your review. It sounds like you currently have an open complaint case with the independent umpire. If that is true, then we do direct you back to them regarding the handling of your case. They are then empowered to step in on your behalf to request further action here, as due to strict conditions around these situations, we're simply unable to comment further. We are more than happy to also pass on your details and feedback to the Case Officer and Case Manager - please don't hesitate to make contact with us via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and we'll gladly assist. - Leo

Brilliant service

I have been with iiNet for 5 years. They were able to offer me service when I moved into a home with FTTH and my previous provider couldn’t. Of course there have been minor problems over this time but their customer service is first class and I am more than happy with iinet

Start DateMay 2014
Sue, we're thrilled to hear this! Thank you very much! - Leo

Super Efficient Speed

I have been a member of IINET (Netspace) since 2003. I have always been impressed with their technical staff, either it be setting up at my new premises, or with any faults on my behalf! The transfer speed has alway been important in relation to my business. I continue to be a loyal customer to IINET as they have the integrity where it counts.

Start DateJanuary 2003
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thanks for this wonderful review, Duncan! Its heartening to hear that you've been with us since the Netspace days and have continued to be with us. Again, thank you! - Leo

Excellent fast internet without drop outs

Reliable no issues at all best NBN provider with great support team that resolves issues which were fixed on the spot. Awesome NBN service really happy with my connection and no hassle connection.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Pgwin, we are so happy to read this - thank you so very much! - Leo

Worth sharing....

I have been with iinet for about 12 years now, and have no complaints at all. Of course, there have been technical glitches - but any problems that I have had from whatever source, the staff at iinet have helped to clear them efficiently, politely, expeditiously, and with a seemingly unending supply of tolerance for my (numerous) areas of ignorance. I'd highly recommend them to anyone.

Contract Type12-month contract
Bernie, thank you so very much! We are so happy to read this, not only given your tenure but that you've been patient with us whenever any issues have arisen. Cheers! - Leo

A great internet company

The connection has been very reliable with only the odd dropout.
We have had no issues with the service.
I asked for help to sort out the Email on my new laptop and received polite constructive help to get it up and running.

Standalone or BundledBundled
Trevor, thank you for allowing us to be there to help you! We're always happy to hear when our customers have positive outcomes. - Leo.

Service is great

Although I've had a few problems at times but for the most part iinet were very helpful
They were easy to reach and most times the problem was fixed within a day or two.

Contract Type24-month contract
Thank you, Carol! Its always lovely to hear that we've been able to help, so thank you for being with us! - Leo

So far fantastic

Easy over the phone plan options. They ran through what was best and explained in layman’s terms what it all meant. I have been with IiNet for about 12 years and have always been happy with the service. Highly recommended from me!

Start DateMarch 2005
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thanks so much for the recommendation Fordy, we thank you so much for your time and trust in us! - Leo

Excellent customer service

I telephoned and left my telephone number for the call back which occurred easily within the stipulated time frame.

My issues were access to my Tool box and NBN billing not occurring. Very quickly she lead me through obtaining access back to my Toolbox and then proceeded to follow up my query as to why I hadn’t been invoiced for my monthly account. Although she placed me on hold, she made she checked back in twice to assure me she was still dealing with the problem. Finally she advised me that my issue had been given priority and I would receive contact within two to five working days.

My firm impression was of an employee who genuinely enjoyed helping others with their problems.

Start DateJanuary 2001
Data TypeUnlimited Data
It's important to us to ensure our commitment to resolving matters if and when they occur, Peter. Excellent to hear that was the experience you had from your recent contact and we appreciate you taking the time to share them here. - Tal

Best internet service I've ever had.

My cable connection is very good, and reliability has been excellent. It constantly runs at speeds in excess of NBN in my area.
I have not experienced any drop outs with this network.
The only issue I've had, was a Modem failure, years ago. iinet had a replacement expressed delivered by the next day.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Excellent to hear you're enjoying our Ultra Broadband service so much, Almat! Thanks a lot for your recommendation and review :) - Tal

I will never deal with this company again

Worst customer service I've ever experienced. I signed up for and paid for NBN and salesperson tried selling me Fetch TV for another $5/mth. I said I already have Fetch TV (bought retail not long ago) and asked if I could use my existing one. She didn't know. I did my own inquiries and yes I can use my existing so I cancelled Fetch on my NBN order. 3 weeks later I hadn't heard or received modem so I emailed 3 times to find out when I would be connected - no response. I tried ringing a couple of times but couldn't get through (message 'ring back later'). I rang a week later, finally got through and I asked to speak to someone higher. They said someone will ring me within 24hrs - no-one rang. I rang back next day and was finally put through to technician, only to be told that because I cancelled Fetch, my whole order needed to be cancelled and start again and that would take at least another 2 weeks. I was then told I needed to upgrade to $100/mth plan as connection at my address would only work on that speed. I said 'why didn't you tell me that 5 weeks ago? They had a no-care attitude, but very happy to take your money upfront. There was no offer to compensate for the poor service I received, a very insincere apology too. I told them I don't want to sign up with a company with the worst customer service I've ever experienced. 2 months of frustration and time chasing them up.

Start DateMay 2019
Standalone or BundledStandalone
We're very sorry to hear of the issues with your application and signup there. If you could send some more details through to us via iiOnline@iinet.net.au including any associated task reference numbers from the account we would be happy to review the matter internally in greater detail to ensure that feedback to staff is provided in relation to the handling and action of the order to improve on the team's understanding and avoid any risk of issues such as this in future. - TalTo possibly avoid future customers experiencing the same frustration I did, I've emailed to the above address as you've requested. I hope things improve for others.Thank you! We've replied and thank you so much for getting in touch. - Leo

Dropouts

Had dropouts the last 3 weeks. Hope with the help of Milissa. Won’t have issues that quick again.She was excellent in guiding me what to do. Step by step she helped me with my internet problem. In the end she still asked me if their is anything else that she could help me with. Thanks Melissa.

Start DateJanuary 2010
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thanks for your review and appreciation for Melissa's efforts, Hussein! Excellent to hear that they could help you out. - Tal

FTTH is the best option of any communication service delivery

The FTTH service is very reliable. I have only experienced dropouts very rarely, This was either due to maintenance or when we had flooding.
The only reliable communication service that is secure and fast is FTTH. Anything else is second rate.

iiNet support personnel are very good, reliable and very understanding.

Start DateFebruary 2014
Data TypeCapped Data
Thanks very much for the feedback, Patrick! We're pleased that you're happy with your FTTH service. If there's every anything that we can assist you with just let us know and we'll be happy to help! - Chris

This is awesome!

We have been with iinet for 3 years and have really enjoyed our service. Any dropout we have had has been planned works and information has been available. Love it

That's what we love to hear! Thanks very much for your review, Caitlin :) - Tal

Fibre to the home

Connection is 90% reliable with drop outs on the odd occasion. Not entirely sure this is an IINET issue, but when it works, it does OK. What compensates for the dropout is the excellent customer service from IINET and the fairly intuitive Tool box and web based support. Overall pretty happy with this company.

Start DateAugust 2018
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Nick W C, Thank you! We'll continue to do whatever we can to help and please continue to call on us for assistance for your dropouts, as we'll do whatever we can to clear these up for you. - Leo

Had very little go wrong. Over six year would only have had a few dropouts.

Whenever I have need to ring IINET, I have only ever experienced, friendly, caring responses. my problem always is fixed on the first call. I don't have to hold on listening to a recording just leave my number sometimes and a technician person gets back to me in the time the recording says they will.

Start DateOctober 2003
Data TypeCapped Data
We're thrilled to read this Katie - thank you so much for your kind words and hearty recommendation! - Leo

IiNet has always been great

Have had iinet for nearly 3 years always great fast internet had first problem the other day .was fixed in 25min. Great service on phone even rang back the next day to see if everything was still ok 5 stars iiNet very happy

Start DateJanuary 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Wow! Thanks a lot Nigel! Excellent to hear that the issue was an easy fix for the team. - Tal

Great service except for regular hiccup

The service was great it was fast and responsive, except that every two to three hours no data would be received for two minutes while the assigned IP address was reassigned.

Start DateJune 2016
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Sounds like you may be having some service dropouts there, Jason. Definitely worth getting in touch with members of the support team on 13 22 58 for assistance or shooting us an email via iiOnline@iinet.net.au so we can take a look and arrange contact for you. - TalIt's not a drop out it's a service freeze where the assigned IP address license of 4hrs expires and a new one is requested. The problem is it takes 2mins and that's enough time for youtube videos to freeze and not able to resume because of the newly assigned IP address which is different.You may need to check any lease renewal settings in your modem in that case, Jason. Your assigned IP shouldn't need to expire at any stage though it's good to reboot the connection once in a while just in case. Regardless, do please get in touch if the issues persist and you need any assistance getting this sorted out. - Tal

Long time happy ADSL+2 Customer turned even happier NBN 45Mbps FTTC customer.

ADSL2+ Turbo plan was ok. But i found my data limit was being reached before the end of the month. When iinet offered the NBN i was instantly taken by this. The plan offered was perfect for my needs.
Ordering the new plan online was easy. The hardware arrived no problem, and it was easy to install.
I did have a few teething problems where the connection would drop out but i put this down to the work being performed in the surrounding streets of additional NBN being rolled out.
Even so, the drop outs were not black outs. Just the odd glitch and these went away after no more than seven days. Nice the QoS was corrected by what ever means.
So now almost five months down the NBN FTTC plan i have had no issues with the external FTTC connection, or my hardware supplied.
The speed has never been an issue. In fact, 8/10 times we watch Netflix, or Fetch TV the service is great.
On occasion the catch up TV function from the FetchTV box puts up a 'check internet connection' message. This means my stream will stop for the knowledge pack. Again, 8/10 times it is streaming no problem.
I just move on to another on demand service such as one of the network channels here (ABC iView, SBS OnDemand, Netflix etc)...
I would recommend iinet to my friends and family for sure.
Keep up the good work iinet team :-)

Start DateFebruary 2019