iiNet NBN 12

iiNet NBN 12 (page 2 of 26)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (88%) · No (12%)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (1%) · No (99%)

Sandra

SandraAdelaide

Use it all the time, very reliable.

Very quick to upload, MOST of the time it starts up straight away. Odd occasions it might need to be turned off and on again at the modem, but rarely happens.

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Always good to give your modem an occasional reboot around once a week, Sandra. Wonderful to hear that the service is working well otherwise. Thanks for your review! - Tal

Terrible and poor customer service to cancel the service

Start DateOctober 2016
Customer ServiceiiNet

Superfast NBN, only slow at usual times.

We do get drop outs occasionally, but not to worried about this. Very reliable connection. Have not worried about contacting anyone regarding this I guess it the normal for all connections.

Raymond H.

Raymond H.South East Queensland, QLD

hard work

when first connected i had daily dropout of service so was very much hard work to ring provider who then contacted nbn,I had to wait 5 times for 4 hours each time for nbn tech to come.All round provider did their best but still not good

Start DateDecember 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeSatellite (Sky Muster)
Customer ServiceiiNet

It is great when working.

I do experience dropouts, sometimes for hours. I rang up yesterday and hopefully Liam has sorted out the problem. Sometimes all I have to do is power boot my Computer and modem and it fixes it self.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear Darren, wonderful to see that Liam has been able to lend a hand!

- Leo

IiNet cut off my service without giving me any warning. Trying to charge me $500 for the mistake in fees

Cut off Internet because of an error with THERE system. They take no responsibility and won't fix it. Now they're trying to charge me $500 to get my internet working again.

Start DateMay 2019

JunePerth, WA

I’d be lost without it

Over all I am very happy with the service I have had in the last 8 years. Very few dropouts. My issues have always been resolved quickly which pleases me.

Connection TypeWireless
Customer ServiceiiNet

June, thank you so much! To know that your connection is working so well and that you've been able to trust in us for the last 8 years is wonderful indeed.

John Salamonsen

John SalamonsenSydney, NSW

A very good track record of service over many years.

how long can you use?

how long can you use?Perth, WA

This connection is ideal for me.

This connection is ideal for me and just great NO problems setting it up and service has been good to date with no dropouts. Had a couple of issues but of my own making but the support service has been just great and sorted the issues out with me.

Contract Type12-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

We couldn't be happier to hear this, especially as we want all services to be easy to use and reliable. Thank you so very much!

Bob Kay

Bob KaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Budget Based Broadband

Best service so far, covering 8 years with iiNet. Any issues dealt with promptly by calling back, no waiting on the phone. Help has been carried out by expert personal.

William

WilliamPerth, WA

It's Knowing Who To Contact.

Once the problem of drop outs then complete loss of service was identified by the NBN technician the problem was quickly resolved and further remedial work by the service provider was required. This was then attended to in a prompt and efficient manner. There was however clear delineation between both parties. Further re-establishment was later required as settings had been upgraded during the repair process. It now works to my satisfaction.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear, William! We're just happy to see that you're up and running again, so thank you very much for your patience!

Amber

Amber

I cancel the service because of the customer service

Been with iinet for 2 years, coz people said the connection is the best, it was, but had 2 times that the connection lost for more than 4 hours, had to call 2x with no result. Second call said that we’ll call back after we found out the issue (until new year eve 2020 no one ever call to follow up. Lol) i’m not fussy so i let go.
Then i made a call to change CC detail, without changing the direct debit way of paying my bills (talked to a maybe trainee dude his name was [name removed], who kept put me on hold for more than 10 times and ended up with question: do you still like iinet? What!) but suddenly i got suspended because i didn't pay the bill. And... that's it, have enough with the service.

J. Nuttall

J. NuttallSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not very reliable

My Internet connection is very hit and miss. Sometimes I have Internet and sometimes I don't. I have found that when I don't have Internet the only solution is to turn the modem off, leave it overnight and then turn it on again in the morning. I never had this trouble before I had to connect to NBN.

Karen

KarenQueensland

Have not had any problems since having NBN.

We have been with iinet for nearly 20 years now. Always had support for any issues throughout the years, but no major problems. I would highly recommend iinet to any customer looking for a new provider.

Start DateDecember 2001
Customer ServiceiiNet

Karen, we can't express how grateful enough for your near 20 years with us! We couldn't be happier and your recommendation is wonderful. Thank you!

Shell

ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awsome service

Really happy with the service no drop outs and never have to call IT completely trouble free internet and great value, would and have recommend iiNet to family and friends

Start DateJuly 2016
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much Shell! You're always welcome to call us if you need to though as we're always happy to lend a hand.

Marc Martin

Used to be a good provider but have grown too big for their boots and lack the customer care they once excelled in.

Have been with iinet for about about 8 years. In the early days of iinet their customer care was exemplary, but in the past few years as they have become one of the big players, standards have really dropped. We recently moved house and were experiencing dropouts and slow speeds. Despite multiple calls, iinet did not resolve the issue, and their 'tech support' flatly rejected our drop out complaints - no phone call, just a text message saying our 'fault ticket had been rejected'. Bye bye iinet and overseas call centres, hello Aussie Broadband with a local call centre and so much more willing to actually solve our problem.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

olivera

oliveramelbourne

tried get connection no yet done

i signed for connection on two weeks ago iinet couldnt process nbn as they said withing five days will be been waiting now more then two weeks previous provider belong never had issues was really straight to point helped with bills disapointed also told them i have my own modem but what is use if there is no nbn now after more then two weeks customer service sending reminders for automated money bill but no service how i can pay if no connection at home is new line i asked for only nbn no land line needed anyway will shop around sad that many recomended me to iinet from friends but i looks like had no even update and on top of it they cant locate order or customer id

Contract Type6-month contract

Rustyas

RustyasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer for 10+ years and have never let me down!

Reliable quick service and above all great customer service especially with NBN connection. Any problems are a call away and speaking to a local understanding service operator is a big plus.

Start DateNovember 2008
Customer ServiceiiNet

Rustyas, as you said, we're only a call away if you ever need help. Thank you so much for your 11 years with is!

David

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very happy

Have been with Adam/iiNet for over 10 years have allways been pleased with the service.
We had a lot of problems on the change over to NBN but theywere caused by the NBN but iiNet helped resolve them

Contract Type12-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you David, especially for sticking with us since your Adam Internet days! We couldn't be happier to hear that we were able to help you with your changeover to NBN as well!

Peter

PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works for us!

Internet access is reliable and as fast as I could expect, generally around 10 to 11 mb consistently. IINET promptly respond to any issues and keep me well informed of the expected outcome timeframes.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear, Peter, especially given the speed tier that you're on for your connection. Thank you for your praise!

Neddyasked

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN

Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/

This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services.

The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers

- Joshy

June

Don’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoever

Neddy

That is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives