iiNet NBN 50

iiNet NBN 50

• Adequate Speeds Yes (87%) · No (13%)

Great service with any problem solved.

I've never had a problem with dropouts. Been with them for a long time and problems with hardware have been solved pretty quick, even sending out new modems. My only negative: I didn't like their move of no longer being able to record from Fetch with the new modems.

Start DateSeptember 2006
Customer ServiceiiNet

Chris, thank you for your extremely kind words and constructive feedback - its is greatly appreciated!

John D

John DWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great service from a great provider

After the initial NBN setup we experienced a few technical problems. iiNet sourced them and professionally went about solving and repairing the service for us. I highly recommend iiNet as an internet provider.

Customer ServiceiiNet

John, we are so grateful for your recommendation and for your trust, as well as patience in us when you needed us! Thank you!

- Leo

Customer service is “Office type level”

Kept cutting me off as they try and move billing systems and NBN.Everything service should not be. Can’t really express myself because of some moderation system. Don’t use them if you want some modicum of professionlism..

Start DateJanuary 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Warren Gribble

Warren GribbleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Reliable and Accessible

When it comes to communication these days it's all about the internet and reliable connectivity. I can't really compare iinet to other providers because iinet have always been my internet company, for the past 16 years, and who continue to keep me connected at a competitive rate with all the speed I need.
And when something does go wrong and I need a helping hand, I know I can speak directly with a Tech who always patiently gets me sorted...
Just tell me if you know a provider who promises that?
Thanks iinet,
Warren

Start DateMarch 2004
Customer ServiceiiNet

Warren, thank you! We are very humbled by your 16 years with us and your incredible review and we do look forward to serving you for many years to come.

village_inc

village_incMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great speeds and service

We have been signed up for NBN50 for about a year, since the NBN was made available in our area. My son has been very happy with the speeds as he can now stream his gaming videos without any lag. Our family of 4 (2 teenagers) can all access the internet simultaneously without any issues, and if you have any technical issues the friendly team at IInet are always available to help.

Start DateJune 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Now this is what we love to see! We're always tickled pink when we hear of our customer's using their connections to their full extent, so our thanks to you and your family for the glowing review!

DaveAdams

DaveAdamsNorth-West & West coast, TAS

iinet as a company

I have had very few dropouts with my connection but i have called iinet on a few occasions with other problems. the help i was given was excellent and professional

Customer ServiceiiNet

Dave, thanks for calling on our team when you needed them! We're always happy to help and we're happy to hear that we've been able to assist you.

Arshard

ArshardPerth, WA

room for improvements

I would never use another provider!I have been with iiNet for many, many years now, and I would never use another provider,whenever I call their call centre, and speak with one of their fantastic customer service representative, I am treated so well and with a friendly professionalism .The only problem I is that my speed is not constant , there is times when my speed drops to 19mbs I realy wouldn't want to change providers it would be good if iinet could look into this as it can very annoying especially when one watches a movie

Adequate Speeds No

They have me for life!

Pleased with NBN50 and iiNert staff

Seems very stable with at- or above-speed for up and download. Dropouts very unusual. Staff have been excellent with any technical issues I've had a resolved them quickly. Changeover of my plan was seamless.

Start DateNovember 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much, Paul! We couldn't be happier to hear that your service has been so reliable for you and that you remain so happy with our service, no matter the issue. Cheers!

Great when it works

Since changing to NBN we have had a dropout at least once a week which may be fixed by a reset or it may take a couple of hours to come back on line. The speed varies between 45 Mbps and 2 Mbps again sometimes requiring a reset to get the speed up. When it is working as expected we can comfortably stream television plus have 2 people surfing. When we have contacted iiNet they have been understanding and organised for an NBN technician to visit and check our connection. I recommend iiNet but avoid NBN if you can. iiNet are at the top of pricing and require a two year contract for free set up but I still chose them because of the customer service I received with ADSL.

Start DateAugust 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

david

davidSydney Surrounds, NSW

no Hassel all good

very reliable in about two years three or four dropouts back up service great willing help to get up and running all up been with aapt / iinet ( adsl - nbn 50 ) over eleven years

Customer ServiceiiNet

Wonderful to hear, David! That's eleven years good luck right there ;) - Thanks a lot for sharing your appreciation with us here and for all your support! - Tal

nbn 50 very good product

my connection has been most of the time very good.
and any problems were dealt by Ii net . Farley quickly
would recommend IInet to anybody . have been very happy with the service.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Fantastic to hear it, thank you so much, Borge! We're proud to deliver on excellent service and support to all our customers and appreciate you sharing your approval here. - Tal

Suman Pant

Suman PantPerth, WA

Good Service occasional disturbance due to NBN rollout in the area

Good Service occasional disturbance due to NBN rollout in the area.
Usually very good and prompt response however we were affected for a week due to NBN issue and also received bill adjustment.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for the review and ranting there, Suman! Glad to hear that we were able to resolve the service issue for you and get everything working again. - Tal

ADRA Australia

ADRA AustraliaSouthern and Hills, SA

No problems at all

We have had no issues with this service at the shop in Encounter bay or at home in Goolwa South. No dropouts and the service from support has been exceptional

Start DateAugust 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your review and support of us here, ADRA! We're always stoked to hear such approval and are glad to know we've done right by you :) - Tal

Awesome connection

The connection has been fantastic that is why I have been with IINET for over nine years.
During this period I had only very minor issues which were promptly rectified.
Very happy customer

Customer ServiceiiNet

Excellent to hear how pleased you are, Mohammad. Looking forward to making that a full ten years and beyond! - Tal

skye1745

skye1745Perth, WA

A1 Service .

My connection is very reliable. I have only had 1 dropout which lasted under 5 minutes. Would highly recommend iinet to anyone. Only other issue was when originally connected and it was rectified with out any delay.

Start DateOctober 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're beyond thrilled to hear this, skye1745. Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation!

DavidPerth, WA

a plan that suites all of our needs

Our connection is all we expected it to be, with very few dropouts and great expert help from all staff at iinet
usually fixing problems at the first call for help.

Start DateJune 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for relying on us when you've needed us, David!

-Leo

Saravana.S

Saravana.SMcKellar 2617, ACT

Excellent customer support

I appreciate the excellent service your technical support staff provided on Saturday when I had Email account issues.
Support staff was thorough and focused and guided me to reconfigure my MS office outlook to restore my Email service.
Happy to recommend the service to anyone who needs NBN.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to assist, Saravana!

Ricky W.

Ricky W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

You mean everything to me xx

4 years 1 drop out
Then instantly fixed once iinet new about the problem.
Love iinet and I will for ever they are my everything many years for ever x o x

Start DateFebruary 2016
Customer ServiceiiNet

Ricky, the feeling is very much mutual from all of us - thank you so much for the love!

Good service

Generally the service is good however there are occasional drop outs. They don't last very long. However the customer service is fantastic. They are accessible, helpful and friendly. I would recommend the service.

Start DateJune 2013
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you for the recommendation, bep! We are thrilled to hear this and please, keep working with us on the dropouts as we know that we can help.

Jan H.asked

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Crisasked

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives