iinet for great service

I have been with iinet for nearly 8 years. Any time I've had any kind of issue from a connection problem to setting up a new computer, iinet get it done - first call and with cheery help. I'm not on hold for long periods. It's fast, effective, actual help. I'm very happy.

Start DateSeptember 2011
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Phil, We're thrilled to read this! Thanks for being with us for the past 8 years and we hope to keep up the effective and timely assistance well into the future, for you. - Leo

Excellent, patient service with any faults.

After the connection to the NBN we had some issues, particularly with the VOIP phone connection.
Although there are occasional drop-outs about three in a year - which requires resetting of all power supplies, they have not been lengthy.
Any problems with system connections have been professionally and courteously addressed by your staff.
We are not big users and speed is never a problem.
We have been with iiNet and its predecessors for about fifteen years.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Big Al, thank you for much! We are very appreciative of your kind words, your long tenure with us and especially of your patience when you have had issues, as we know how frustrating these can be. - Leo

Have been with this service for some 3 years plus. Definitely 5 Star

Am in my 80's and inclined to be disruptively curious with the settings. Courteous and professional assistance get me back on line. The patience of these computer gurus with my incompetence is quite remarkable.

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
John, there's nothing wrong with being "disruptively curious" with your settings. Tinkering is always a bit of fun and a learning opportunity - for some of us, hands on tinkering is far more fun! Thanks for allowing to us to help you when needed for remaining with us! - Leo

For simple home use its done the job

Since install using old Foxtel cable we have been happy with the connection. On the odd occasion it drops out it is normally due to nbn work nearby. So far we have had no real issues that have not been answered or dealt with by iinet very quickly.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Cheers Bob! Thanks for the kind words and we're especially happy to hear that your connection has been near trouble-free for you. - Leo

Great technical support

iiNet have been very consistent, technically competent and responsive. The NBN product has been less than it should be but iiNet have forwarded my issues to NBN for them to resolve and have followed up and been very good at keeping me informed. NBN is now working as well as NBN designed it to be which is well below their target speed and minimum threshold but that is because the Node is further away than their own VDSL specifications. I credit iiNet for achieving what they have with (and despite) NBN and especially like the fact that their technical support is technically savvy and easy to reach. Refreshing ! I switched over to iiNet for this very reason and don't regret it.

Start DateJune 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Great to hear that we could get those initial issues sorted out through our faults process, Keith. Thanks for choosing us and for your continued support! - Tal

This is for me a life saver.

When I first started with N.B.N. I was so dissapointed but now I couldn't be happier my speeds are great, I can stream movies with no buffering, (SO COOL).
I am a cancer patient and find it very hard to do any thing so the internet is my life, Please excuse my spelling as I suffer chemo brain but all is good when I still have a pulse in the morning. If you don't know what chemobrain is then Google it In other words iinet have given me a life and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
We really appreciate your review and are extremely happy to have helped you out, Bernard. Thanks for your support and for sharing your experience :D - Tal

after 10 years of good service why change

if iiNet were unreliable and had bad customer skills I would have changed provider but why fix it if it aint broken. I wont change as long as you stay as you are

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Thanks a lot, Jim! Glad to hear we've kept you happy for over a decade and we'll continue to do so for years to come! - Tal

General comments of my NBN service

My NBN is a bit slow not getting very good speeds. The customer service is very helpful when it comes to ordering Hardware items and also when you require tech support.

Connection TypeI don't know
We hope that the support team are able to help get any speed issues you've encountered sorted out, Brian. If there's any further issues you need a hand with please do feel free to give us another call on 13 22 58 or shoot us an email via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with some more information and we'll be happy to help out. - Tal

Consistent and Reliable

My NBN50 was connected in March of 2018 and I have consistently received 47 Mbps Downloads and 18+ Mbps uploads since. I take two speed tests at each start up.

Start DateMarch 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Glad to hear that the connection is delivering within expectations there, Bill! Thanks for sharing your review and recommendation. - Tal

First NBN experience, fast & no complaints

I had been a long term customer of iiNet with a nakedDSL plan. The plan was approximately equivalent to Nbn12 (due to my proximity to the exchange), and I probably would have stayed with this service had the plug not been pulled on the old network. I contacted iiNet and was offered free modem, install, and one month free if I subscribed for 12 months on their HFC NBN50. Since signing up 5 years ago, they have been bought out by TPG, but I haven't noticed any issues with customer service or service provision that concerned many people with this move. In my research about NBN plans, I discovered that NBN50 doesn't always equal NBN50. iiNet (August 2019) presently invest in enough backend CVC/infrastructure to deliver the advertised service. I have never noticed a "peak time" speed decline. I would have preferred a less expensive option (reason for 4 stars), as my service on nakedDSL was $59.99/month, and I had to jump to $79.99 for the NBN50. It is unquestionably significantly faster, though if there was a $59.99 NBN25 option, I would probably be reviewing that. Only you can decide what speed you need; unlimited NBN50 is going to be above what most people need, but I never have to worry about speed or count gigabytes.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
We're just as passionate about customer service as we've ever been, James. Excellent to hear that you've felt that as well in your move over to NBN with us. Thanks for your review! - Tal

Unbelievably pathetic customer service

I have been with iinet for 7 years. I recently moved house and signed up for a new NBN contract with them during the last week of July.

The customer care team was very happy to help me sign up the new contract and straight away deduced 300$ from my CC as agreed mutually .

I promptly got all the welcome emails including steps to install the new NBN ready modem etc and was looking forward to experience the NBN.

But somehow iinet failed to dispatch the modem in this process . During the 3rd week after placing the new connection request, NBN approved technician completed the NBN installation at home but couldn’t complete the end to end connectivity test thanks to iinet messing up with modem delivery.

Day 1 - PM(same day when NBN connection was provided):
1. I was unable to connect to internet even though the house had NBN connection .
2. Called the iinet customer care to find out the status of the modem. The call centre agent gave me a non-existing tracking number and told that the modem is on the way and I can track the delivery date on the courier’s web site. Couldn’t track the package as the tracking number was wrong.

Day 2 -PM:
1. Called the CC again only to find out that they couldn’t track the modem order in their system.
2. The agent tries to reach out to hardware team but couldn’t get any concrete answer from that team.
3. He said he is going to escalate the issue with his manager and promised to follow up the case on the next day and call me back.

Day 3:
1. No callback from iinet.
2. I was sick of calling iinet and gave a break hoping they will dispatch my modem.

Day 4:
1. Did not call iinet hoping they are working on my request .
2. No callback from iinet.

Day 5 -AM:
1. Called customer care again to get a status update.
2. New agent but same old story that the issue has been escalated by CC as the hardware team didn’t respond to CC.
3. The agent promised that I will get a callback from iinet that evening.
4. A customer care manager tried to reach me while I was away from my phone and left a voice message stating that she will email me with details and asked me to respond to that email with my preferred time to discuss the matter. Did not receive any email.
5. I called iinet CC one hour later and requested to speak to the same manager.
6. Since she was busy I was told I will get a callback from her ASAP. But I never got that callback.
7. Called the CC (yet again ) on the same night to understand the actual reason for the delay in dispatching the modem. At least this agent seemed to be have understood my situation. He told that he will get back to me on the next day to give a status update. He said he is going to escalate it again with the relevant teams/managers.
8. I also emailed customer-relations@iinet.net.au with the details of the issue and requested them to help me to resolve this issue.

Day 6(today):
1. Seems iinet is still looking out for my modem somewhere in their warehouse.
2. I did not receive a callback from their agent till now .
3. I did not receive any email response from iinet even after I formally followed the procedure as highlighted in “compliant handling policy” on their website.

Day 7 (tomorrow):
1. I will stop day dreaming and call their customer care to cancel my order.
2. Blame myself for opting to renew my broadband/NBN connection with iinet.
3. Find out a customer friendly broadband/NBN service provider and sign up a contract with them(any suggestions??)

Lessons learnt:
1. iinet customer care team never showed any genuine care to resolve the mistakes on their side.
2. They couldn’t track/find things in their own process/systems.
3. Don’t call their customer care as they won’t follow up/take any required steps to help you.
4. I should not recommend iinet to my friends and family.

Recommendation for iinet:
Please fix your process if you genuinely care about your customers.

Contract Type6-month contract
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Day Dreamer, We'd very much like to help out in getting a hand lent to the hardware and activation processes here to have this sorted out. Could you please either comment back with a recent task reference or invoice number related to the account or email through some further information to us via iiOnline@iinet.net.au so we can look into this for you? - TalThanks for your reply but am sorry as it’s too late. Your customer care team was very happy to cancel the order. Guess what ?my request to cancel the order was completed within minutes and there were no signs to help me even when I called them this morning. 338678698 is the reference number for the cancellation request. And I have already signed up with Aussie broadband. Cheers.Thanks DD, We'll be reviewing this case internally to help improve upon the resolution process regarding disputes surrounding hardware delivery and requests for updates from the dispatch warehouse in future. All the best. - Tal

Had this service for about 10 months now and have had no problems!

Internet can be a bit slow sometimes but very rarely, generally great connection. I have been a customer of iiNet for 9 years. Great customer service. Would definitely recommend iiNet.

Start DateAugust 2011
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
We're always here to help if there's any issues such as slow speeds, Joanne. Give us a call on 13 22 58 if there's any trouble, any time. Thanks for your review and recommendation! - Tal

Worst service provider known to mankind

You’ll have to wait on hold for hours to talk to anyone and when you do, they’re almost incomprehensible. Repeated lies and false promises coupled with slow speeds. I honestly wouldn’t recommend these to my worst enemies. Offensively appalling.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Lee, We're sorry to hear that you feel this way about us and that this has been your experience. We'd love to have a look and help out with any maters any way we can to get this turned around for you. Could you either comment back with a recent task reference or invoice number related to the account or email through some further information to us via iiOnline@iinet.net.au so we can look into this? - Tal

Very happy with the service

I’ve had no issues with IiNet or NBN. Very pleased with speeds and had no connectivity issues since I moved here over 2 years ago. Customer service has been excellent.

Start DateSeptember 2017
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Valerie, we are delighted to see that the connection has worked so well for you for the past two years and we look forward to many more trouble free years ahead! - Leo

Absolutely Poor Customer Service

I have been a customer of iinet for 20 years and I'm about to terminate the relationship due to woefully poor customer service. 2 months ago I was invoiced for a service that I no longer had as well as a new service. I sent 2 emails to get it fixed but they just ignored me and took the money out of my bank account anyway. I have had to make many phone calls to try and get this sorted but nobody cares. Their voice id thing doesn't work so I'm continually having to give out my personal private information or they won't talk to me. I get promises of action and feedback then they forget about me. They have people in the call centre whose job is to run interference so you can't lodge complaints or get anything escalated to someone senior who might care. If you send emails they just send an acknowledgment email back... then nothing. Absolutely hopeless!

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Extremely Disappointed, Thanks for your review and we do apologise for the poor experience. As discussed privately, we have requested assistance from our Customer Relations team and we can see that they have been in contact with you to address your concerns. Your remarks about staff running interference are incorrect and not factual. All issues are dealt with via the Complaint Handling Policy: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Complaint_Handling_Policy We've engaged this policy for you and we're more than happy to keep leveraging this process for you. We aim to respond to e-mails within 2 working days. There will be times when this is not met due to high workloads. We do apologise for this. If a Billing issue is urgent, we do strongly recommend speaking to our Billing team directly via 13 22 58, especially as we aren't able to resolve some issues via e-mail, due to privacy and security concerns. We do apologise if the Voice ID function is not working. In that case, we do fallback to the standard 9 Point Identification option, which we are required to use when Voice ID fails, to safeguard your account. We're always happy to continue to assist as needed, so please don't hesitate to get in touch via the methods discussed privately with you. - LeoMy remarks about staff running interference are 100% correct and factual. Please don't patronise me. Iinet have had 2 months to respond and sort this out and if they even bothered to listen to the phone calls they would know that I'm being truthful. You should get your staff to read the complaint handling policy as it is clearly just window dressing.

Nothing but trouble, no way to get on-line help

My son recommended iiNet as one of the best - if so the rest must be terrible. I can't connect to iiNet through Outlook, have tried all their so-called "help" tips and contacted them several times by email only to be ignored, so still using my Optus email. Can't send email through iiNet either. No person-to-person online help available except when they're trying to suck you in as a customer. I will be ditching them as soon as I can, believe me!!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Wendy C, Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear about your e-mail issues! This certainly isn't what we want to see for you. We'd love to hear from you so we can investigate this and arrange further assistance. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly, with your details and mentioning your review here, to iiOnline@iinet.net,au. We can then locate your account and have you called to be helped with sorting this out. - Leo

Great Customer Experience

I have been an iinet customer for over twenty years. Just upgraded to the NBN and want to congratulate all involved on a seamless transition and a reliable, super fast connection. Here's to another twenty!

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
That is excellent to hear your move to NBN went off without a hitch, Glenn! Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your appreciation. We appreciate it and your support a lot! - Tal

Amazing reliability - and excellent service when it goes down

I started off with ADSL, choosing iiNet because it was listed as the best available by some computer magazine (early 2000s I think). I had the $80 per month service, and stuck with that amount when NBN came along. At first I thought I was stuck on the 25 speed, not realising I could do better for the same amount, until I saw something in the iiNet newsletter saying I should be getting up to 50. Changed over, though iiNet warned I might not get it, but my speed immediately exactly doubled to 47.6 download, and quadrupled to 18.8 upload, where it has remained ever since (+/- a decimal point or two now and again, by the Speedtest app - also recommended). But the best thing has been the iiNet backup service - despite the long haul to South Africa with NBN (it was even a long haul from Newcastle to Perth), I have nothing but praise for their competence in fixing faults and minor problems, plus patience, good attitude, politeness, etc. Even at 3.00 in the morning their time, when I had an apparent outage of the internet the other day. Believe it when they advertise the are the best in the business.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
DoM, many hearty thanks! We are very much humbled by your praise and we're extremely happy to hear that you've been with us for so long. Thanks for allowing us to upgrade you to NBN and for your patience and understanding when speaking to our team as well. Cheers! - Leo

Terrific Customer Service

I have been with Iinet for 8 years now and would not even consider going elsewhere. They are always helpful if I need to call them but I rarely have to call. The connection is always great. I think I can recall 1 dropout in the last 6 months or so - and this was fixed by switching off and then on again. No complaints and I think these days, that is a rarity.

Start DateJanuary 2011
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Tanya, We simply can't thank you enough for your kind words today. We are very humbled by this! - Leo

Not worth it. So maddening

Very slow speeds frequently. Just drives me crazy. I did upgrade from a lower rate a few months ago. Havent noticed much difference. I keep checking my computer protection to ensure it is functioning properly.

Connection TypeI don't know
Sorry to hear about your speed issues, CathB. We'd love to investigate what's happening with your connection and help get the most out of your line. If you'd like to send us any details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au we'll jump in and get some tests underway and have someone that can help give you a call. - Joshy

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready . For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon. We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube . We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line . We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours... Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet. I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service. Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .
I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the futureHi Cris, We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise. Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand. - LeoHi Giovanni, I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support . iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support? Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

CategoryInternet Service Providers