iinet for great service
I have been with iinet for nearly 8 years. Any time I've had any kind of issue from a connection problem to setting up a new computer, iinet get it done - first call and with cheery help. I'm not on hold for long periods. It's fast, effective, actual help. I'm very happy.
Excellent, patient service with any faults.
After the connection to the NBN we had some issues, particularly with the VOIP phone connection.
Although there are occasional drop-outs about three in a year - which requires resetting of all power supplies, they have not been lengthy.
Any problems with system connections have been professionally and courteously addressed by your staff.
We are not big users and speed is never a problem.
We have been with iiNet and its predecessors for about fifteen years.
Have been with this service for some 3 years plus. Definitely 5 Star
Am in my 80's and inclined to be disruptively curious with the settings. Courteous and professional assistance get me back on line. The patience of these computer gurus with my incompetence is quite remarkable.
For simple home use its done the job
Since install using old Foxtel cable we have been happy with the connection. On the odd occasion it drops out it is normally due to nbn work nearby. So far we have had no real issues that have not been answered or dealt with by iinet very quickly.
Great technical support
iiNet have been very consistent, technically competent and responsive. The NBN product has been less than it should be but iiNet have forwarded my issues to NBN for them to resolve and have followed up and been very good at keeping me informed. NBN is now working as well as NBN designed it to be which is well below their target speed and minimum threshold but that is because the Node is further away than their own VDSL specifications. I credit iiNet for achieving what they have with (and despite) NBN and especially like the fact that their technical support is technically savvy and easy to reach. Refreshing ! I switched over to iiNet for this very reason and don't regret it.
This is for me a life saver.
When I first started with N.B.N. I was so dissapointed but now I couldn't be happier my speeds are great, I can stream movies with no buffering, (SO COOL).
I am a cancer patient and find it very hard to do any thing so the internet is my life, Please excuse my spelling as I suffer chemo brain but all is good when I still have a pulse in the morning. If you don't know what chemobrain is then Google it In other words iinet have given me a life and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
after 10 years of good service why change
if iiNet were unreliable and had bad customer skills I would have changed provider but why fix it if it aint broken. I wont change as long as you stay as you are
General comments of my NBN service
My NBN is a bit slow not getting very good speeds. The customer service is very helpful when it comes to ordering Hardware items and also when you require tech support.
Consistent and Reliable
My NBN50 was connected in March of 2018 and I have consistently received 47 Mbps Downloads and 18+ Mbps uploads since. I take two speed tests at each start up.
First NBN experience, fast & no complaints
I had been a long term customer of iiNet with a nakedDSL plan. The plan was approximately equivalent to Nbn12 (due to my proximity to the exchange), and I probably would have stayed with this service had the plug not been pulled on the old network. I contacted iiNet and was offered free modem, install, and one month free if I subscribed for 12 months on their HFC NBN50. Since signing up 5 years ago, they have been bought out by TPG, but I haven't noticed any issues with customer service or service provision that concerned many people with this move. In my research about NBN plans, I discovered that NBN50 doesn't always equal NBN50. iiNet (August 2019) presently invest in enough backend CVC/infrastructure to deliver the advertised service. I have never noticed a "peak time" speed decline. I would have preferred a less expensive option (reason for 4 stars), as my service on nakedDSL was $59.99/month, and I had to jump to $79.99 for the NBN50. It is unquestionably significantly faster, though if there was a $59.99 NBN25 option, I would probably be reviewing that. Only you can decide what speed you need; unlimited NBN50 is going to be above what most people need, but I never have to worry about speed or count gigabytes.
Unbelievably pathetic customer service
I have been with iinet for 7 years. I recently moved house and signed up for a new NBN contract with them during the last week of July.
The customer care team was very happy to help me sign up the new contract and straight away deduced 300$ from my CC as agreed mutually .
I promptly got all the welcome emails including steps to install the new NBN ready modem etc and was looking forward to experience the NBN.
But somehow iinet failed to dispatch the modem in this process . During the 3rd week after placing the new connection request, NBN approved technician completed the NBN installation at home but couldn’t complete the end to end connectivity test thanks to iinet messing up with modem delivery.
Day 1 - PM(same day when NBN connection was provided):
1. I was unable to connect to internet even though the house had NBN connection .
2. Called the iinet customer care to find out the status of the modem. The call centre agent gave me a non-existing tracking number and told that the modem is on the way and I can track the delivery date on the courier’s web site. Couldn’t track the package as the tracking number was wrong.
Day 2 -PM:
1. Called the CC again only to find out that they couldn’t track the modem order in their system.
2. The agent tries to reach out to hardware team but couldn’t get any concrete answer from that team.
3. He said he is going to escalate the issue with his manager and promised to follow up the case on the next day and call me back.
1. No callback from iinet.
2. I was sick of calling iinet and gave a break hoping they will dispatch my modem.
1. Did not call iinet hoping they are working on my request .
2. No callback from iinet.
Day 5 -AM:
1. Called customer care again to get a status update.
2. New agent but same old story that the issue has been escalated by CC as the hardware team didn’t respond to CC.
3. The agent promised that I will get a callback from iinet that evening.
4. A customer care manager tried to reach me while I was away from my phone and left a voice message stating that she will email me with details and asked me to respond to that email with my preferred time to discuss the matter. Did not receive any email.
5. I called iinet CC one hour later and requested to speak to the same manager.
6. Since she was busy I was told I will get a callback from her ASAP. But I never got that callback.
7. Called the CC (yet again ) on the same night to understand the actual reason for the delay in dispatching the modem. At least this agent seemed to be have understood my situation. He told that he will get back to me on the next day to give a status update. He said he is going to escalate it again with the relevant teams/managers.
8. I also emailed email@example.com with the details of the issue and requested them to help me to resolve this issue.
1. Seems iinet is still looking out for my modem somewhere in their warehouse.
2. I did not receive a callback from their agent till now .
3. I did not receive any email response from iinet even after I formally followed the procedure as highlighted in “compliant handling policy” on their website.
Day 7 (tomorrow):
1. I will stop day dreaming and call their customer care to cancel my order.
2. Blame myself for opting to renew my broadband/NBN connection with iinet.
3. Find out a customer friendly broadband/NBN service provider and sign up a contract with them(any suggestions??)
1. iinet customer care team never showed any genuine care to resolve the mistakes on their side.
2. They couldn’t track/find things in their own process/systems.
3. Don’t call their customer care as they won’t follow up/take any required steps to help you.
4. I should not recommend iinet to my friends and family.
Recommendation for iinet:
Please fix your process if you genuinely care about your customers.
Had this service for about 10 months now and have had no problems!
Internet can be a bit slow sometimes but very rarely, generally great connection. I have been a customer of iiNet for 9 years. Great customer service. Would definitely recommend iiNet.
Worst service provider known to mankind
You’ll have to wait on hold for hours to talk to anyone and when you do, they’re almost incomprehensible. Repeated lies and false promises coupled with slow speeds. I honestly wouldn’t recommend these to my worst enemies. Offensively appalling.
Very happy with the service
I’ve had no issues with IiNet or NBN. Very pleased with speeds and had no connectivity issues since I moved here over 2 years ago. Customer service has been excellent.
Absolutely Poor Customer Service
I have been a customer of iinet for 20 years and I'm about to terminate the relationship due to woefully poor customer service. 2 months ago I was invoiced for a service that I no longer had as well as a new service. I sent 2 emails to get it fixed but they just ignored me and took the money out of my bank account anyway. I have had to make many phone calls to try and get this sorted but nobody cares. Their voice id thing doesn't work so I'm continually having to give out my personal private information or they won't talk to me. I get promises of action and feedback then they forget about me. They have people in the call centre whose job is to run interference so you can't lodge complaints or get anything escalated to someone senior who might care. If you send emails they just send an acknowledgment email back... then nothing. Absolutely hopeless!
Nothing but trouble, no way to get on-line help
My son recommended iiNet as one of the best - if so the rest must be terrible. I can't connect to iiNet through Outlook, have tried all their so-called "help" tips and contacted them several times by email only to be ignored, so still using my Optus email. Can't send email through iiNet either. No person-to-person online help available except when they're trying to suck you in as a customer. I will be ditching them as soon as I can, believe me!!
Great Customer Experience
I have been an iinet customer for over twenty years. Just upgraded to the NBN and want to congratulate all involved on a seamless transition and a reliable, super fast connection. Here's to another twenty!
Amazing reliability - and excellent service when it goes down
I started off with ADSL, choosing iiNet because it was listed as the best available by some computer magazine (early 2000s I think). I had the $80 per month service, and stuck with that amount when NBN came along. At first I thought I was stuck on the 25 speed, not realising I could do better for the same amount, until I saw something in the iiNet newsletter saying I should be getting up to 50. Changed over, though iiNet warned I might not get it, but my speed immediately exactly doubled to 47.6 download, and quadrupled to 18.8 upload, where it has remained ever since (+/- a decimal point or two now and again, by the Speedtest app - also recommended). But the best thing has been the iiNet backup service - despite the long haul to South Africa with NBN (it was even a long haul from Newcastle to Perth), I have nothing but praise for their competence in fixing faults and minor problems, plus patience, good attitude, politeness, etc. Even at 3.00 in the morning their time, when I had an apparent outage of the internet the other day. Believe it when they advertise the are the best in the business.
Terrific Customer Service
I have been with Iinet for 8 years now and would not even consider going elsewhere. They are always helpful if I need to call them but I rarely have to call. The connection is always great. I think I can recall 1 dropout in the last 6 months or so - and this was fixed by switching off and then on again. No complaints and I think these days, that is a rarity.
Not worth it. So maddening
Very slow speeds frequently. Just drives me crazy. I did upgrade from a lower rate a few months ago. Havent noticed much difference. I keep checking my computer protection to ensure it is functioning properly.
- ‹ Prev
- Next ›
Questions & Answers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.