iiNet NBN 50

1,225 reviews
    4.0 (1,136)
    4.2 (1,007)
    4.2 (1,156)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (85%) · No (15%)

Glen G.

Glen G.South East Queensland, QLD

Made a difference to working from home

We have finally got NBN in our suburb (Jan 2020) and I have selected iiNet to be the provider. The NBN service has been a fantastic change from ADSL and the service received superb. Also I went with a Fetch mini, and now order a second fetch mighty - replacing our PVR (which are linked together). System is great, service is great. Testing shows consistantly 45-50mbytes down and 15-20 up speeds.

Start DateJanuary 2020
Contract Type12-month contract

Michael K.Sydney, NSW

Worst customer service ever.

Start DateOctober 2018

There to help 24/7

Always receive telephone help and any issues always resolved. Reliable NBN speeds as advertised, Would recommend as we get no drop outs and slow speed once quickly fixed by a modem reboot.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you so much, Ken! We're thrilled to hear that our team has been there for you whenever you've needed us!

Jim S.

Jim S.Sydney, NSW

iinet provides a stable and reliable NBN service that will provide enjoyable phone, TV and internet access all year round. The connection is up to date with almost no dropouts compared to other services. iinet provides up to date information about your service and keeps you informed. iinet are contactable and helpful providing service that you need in todays tech world.

Start DateMarch 2020
Contract Type24-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Jim, we are so happy to hear this. We work hard to provide reliable services, with few dropouts, as well as being helpful and ready to assist when needed. Thank you for choosing to rely on us!

leanneSouth East Queensland, QLD

The absolute worst!!!!!

leanne

Again a different story!! Why was I told 3 times by 3 different people yesterday there was no fee and have a reference number for the RECORDED call to see I will not be charged a fee!!

Derek

DerekCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

This is as good as it gets.

We have been iiNet customers for decades. They provide as good an NBN service as you can get and the best customer support service, not that we need to use it often. The fibre to the node system is a very poor excuse for a national broadband network, but iiNet manages to get us a reasonably reliable access with very few dropouts and infrequent peak time delays.

Contract Type12-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much for your years of support Derek! It's wonderful to hear how pleased you've been and we hope to continue delivering awesome service and value for more years to come. - Tal

Excellent technical support service - truly exemplary

I have been a customer of iinet for approximately 12 years for one reason in particular - the excellent over-the-phone technical support service. It leaves Telstra and Optus for dead. The negative is TPG's NOVUS billing system. You cannot have your monthly bill on a day that suits your cashflow. Choose your service commencement date wisely!

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for your review and rating, Alex! If there's ever any issues with billing do feel free to get in touch with the team on 13 22 58 as we'll be more than happy to assist with a matter to try and get it fixed. - Tal

For an existing copper Telstra phone line this as good as it gets on FTTN

Jeff Brown

Jeff BrownSydney, NSW

A good balance between price and speed

The NBN Connection has been mostly stable with only a few occasional drop outs. Otherwise this NBN seems to be fairly robust running through the iiNet router and iiNet itself. iinet service over the has been quick to respond.
Important to note, being an apartment run 5ghz not 2.4Highly recommended for better speeds

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateApril 2020
Data TypeCapped Data
Customer ServiceiiNet

Glad to hear you're finding the service and support mostly agreeable, Jeff! Thanks for sharing your review and the hot tip regarding 5GHz WiFi in some places. - Tal

TonySouth West, WA

Excellent service

The connection to our property was quick and seamless. Speeds are as promised and follow up has been excellent. We have other iinet services in the Margaret River area and service and support has been trouble free

Start DateApril 2020
Paul and Chris July 2019

Paul and Chris July 2019Perth, WA

Fits my requirements as a retiree

IiNet are always available with minimum wait times and take personal responsibility to follow up with any issues. Their people are polite, understanding and helpful when clarifying problems with concerned customers.

Connection TypeWireless
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much, Paul and Chris! We are so very happy to hear that we've been able to help, follow up, be polite and understanding for you!

GARVIT

GARVITMERNDA

Excellent service!!!!

Excellent service from iinet!!!! VERY GOOD internet speed always.. always very QUICK to get on them on phone.
I moved from a different provider because iinet allowed more options. My original provider allowed only slower..

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateFebruary 2020
gary

garyMid North Coast, NSW

All bugs long gone, good to go.

Have been with IINET for over 10 years now and while there have been the occasional nuance, they have at all times strived to make me the customer happy. NBN after some initial hiccups well and truly fast and smooth. No phone issues and fetch tv well worth it.

Start DateJanuary 2006

Exactly what I needed

I moved from a different provider because iinet allowed more options. My original provider allowed only slower internet than I already had. I now have no outages either! Technical help when needed is much easier to obtain.

Contract Type6-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're absolutely thrilled to hear this, BandI! Thank you so much for coming over to us and we sincerely hope that we're meeting your expectations and more.

Good internet speed.

I have used a number of different internet providers and experienced poor to average service. With iiNet I have had great customer support, very knowledgeable people and friendly. Anytime I had an issue, my problems were quickly solved.

Start DateJuly 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you Peter! We always wnat your connection to be working at its best, so we are thrilled that our team have provided the friendly, knowledgeable support that you needed!

First time user of NBN50 was NBN25 appears very good at this moment

Over recent times I have had very minimal issues that have been fixed very fast. Now that iinet have amalgamated with Vodaphone it will be interesting if the same level of service and help is maintained? I am hopeful that it does as history shows as organisations get bigger their service levels drop and they become another unfriendly conglomerate however, time will tell

Tulster

TulsterPeel, WA

Been excellent here in Western Australia

Ive now Been with iiNet for 11 years and with NBN for the last two, the service provided has been excellent in every way. Ive never experienced dropouts or any interference with the service. The speed tests I’ve conducted has always been close to, if not accurate to what I’m subscribing too. The handful of times that I’ve had to contact iiNet for has been prompt and the advice given by their support staff has always been clear, concise, and easy to follow. I highly recommend iinet as a service provider

Customer ServiceiiNet

We're blown away by this, Tulster, thank you so much! To hear that your 11 years with us have been so positive, along with your interactions with our team, its something that we are very proud of.

SamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be very wary, poor service and communication with customers - consider other options

Start DateAugust 2020
Contract Type6-month contract
sprank

sprankSouth East Queensland, QLD

Prompt and efficient service to solve our NBN outage

We have been with IInet for nearly 15 years.

We've stuck with them because on the few occasions we had a problem it was fixed promptly.

On this occasion our problem was fixed courteously and expeditiously'

Start DateOctober 2005
Contract Type24-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Sprank, the fact that you've stuck with us through thick and thin says a heck of a lot. We sincerely can't thank you enough!

- Leo

Horrible customer service and technical support. Would not recommend.

Horrible customer service and technical support. Didn't reach any solutions with they're team the original sale was false advertised to me have not used a single a mb of internet and being charged 600.

Jan H.asked

NBN 50

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Crisasked

NBN 50

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers