iiNet NBN

iiNet NBN (page 2 of 155)

NBN 50, NBN 12, NBN 100, NBN 25
3.2 from 3,096 reviews

4.1 (1,872)
    4.2 (1,632)
    4.3 (1,911)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (85%) · No (15%)

Excellent fault service from both iinet and NBN

Internet had been dropping in and out daily for a week. Because we are on NBN with landline that meant the phone was out. Rang iinet to lodge fault. Tech was very helpful and lodged fault with NBN. Had reply within 24 hrs that an NBN tech would be out within 48 hours. David arrived as promised and had it fixed within the hour and we have had no drop outs since. So thank you iinet, thank you NBN and thank you David. Great service.

Jenny

JennyNew South Wales

IINET : INTERNET THE BEST!!!!!

I have been an iinet customer for over 10 years. The most outstanding thing i can say is when the major Telcos go down IINET seems to stay running. Pricing is quite good considering the service has few if any issues like others. Customer Service is a 10 out of 10 as well. I would go IINET every time .

Start DateJanuary 2007

MichaelSydney, NSW

Very poor service

Their service is quite poor and whenever you have issues with their service you will wait a fair bit of time to speak with someone. The worst thing is if they are at fault they usually try to blame nbn. when you find out from nbn that the issue is from iinet and not nbn and bring that to iinet's attention they dont care. They always say they will contact you back when its up and running which they never do. Dismal service.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Slim.

Slim.Perth, WA

Very reliable service and perfect for my household and working needs.

Connection has always been reliable and if I have had any technical problems all the staff that I have had the pleasure to deal with have sorted out my problems very quickly and professionally.

Connection TypeWireless
Customer ServiceiiNet

Slim, we pride ourselves on our customer service, so to hear that your so happy with the stability of the connection and your interactions with our staff, is wonderful indeed! Cheers!

Beer

BeerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No Problems

Have never experienced dropouts, Staff most helpful when my limited knowledge presents a problem such as connecting my GPS. No plans on going elsewhere. Switching to NBN was no problem, the modem I was given almost made the process automatic

Sarina

SarinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

NBN Experience

Start DateApril 2004

Mark B.

Mark B.South Australia

Best customer service

My connection has problems.
It was very frustrating however this is a fault due to infrastructure.
IiNet customer service has been amazing.
They even call back when they say they will.
I would recommend them.

Start DateOctober 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Mark B, thanks for allowing us the opportunity to help you with your connection issues! Please, stay in touch with our teams so we can continue to assist. Most of of all, thank you for the lovely recommendation!

Stormy

StormyBligh Park

Not iiNet's fault

Our NBN speeds are nowhere near what they are supposed to be, but this is NOT the fault of iiNet. When the NBN was being put through our area, the government was in such a hurry to get as many homes as possible connected before the federal election, that they called in unqualified teams from overseas and totally stuffed it. iiNet has been fantastic, can't fault them on their products or their customer service, and I'm confident that they will also provide the speeds people expect in other areas.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateMay 2017
Customer ServiceiiNet

This is great so much simpler

Since I have switched to the NBN we have had nothing but good speeds in downloading necessary updates or games. The heavy traffic times are not a bother and speeds are reliable. When I have had a problem it has not been the NBN but some form of administration which is normally fixed within twenty-four hours. Keep up the good work!

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateMarch 2018
Contract Type12-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Marie, thank you so much for allowing us to upgrade you to the NBN! We're so happy that downloading updates and games is working well and that you speeds are excellent. Cheers!

it was a must have.

in the beginning there were problems but believe this was more the area issue, after speaking with neighbours who are customers of other service providers.
worked with technical support and found them fantastic. if it didn't work the first time we tried other ways.
after 4-5 years of the NBN broadband, the problems are very minimal. I have not upgraded as there is no need I would not get faster speeds (due to the rural area that I live in)
I have been with iiNet since they took over AAPT customers. Love them and highly recommend them

Start DateSeptember 2012
Contract Type12-month contract

Norm S

Norm SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peace of mind

Customer ServiceiiNet

Fantastic! Awesome to know we got the move arranged without any issues, Norm. Thanks for sticking with us as your provider in your move to NBN and glad to hear you're still enjoying your service with us. Thanks for your review and rating! - Tal

Same speed as before. No change from old ADSL.

Bought a landline phone and Internet package.
Landline didn't function for 3 weeks - nice. No calls on the landline (needed by me) for 3 weeks. Garbage-grade technical support on that issue.
Couldn't get into my Toolbox account to change needed things. Garbage-grade support on that issue.
Don't buy anything from iinet. Go somewhere else. Don't use that Testra outfit either. Also made numerous emails and quite a few calls on another topic at iinet. Not responsive. Worst of all is I got a different person each time, having to say the same stuff over and over. NBN functions and phone now functions at last, but still another issue to be resolved.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateFebruary 2020
Customer ServiceiiNet

Keen to see what the go was with any issues there, Crane. Did you have a reference number from any recent interactions with our support team we can use to look into this further for you and sort out any remaining concerns you have? - Tal

Crane
Crane

Reference number. From where, all the emails? Which ref. number would you like and where do I find it?

Ritz

RitzCentral West, NSW

Always outstanding and effective!!!

My connection is very reliable and I haven't experienced any dropouts. I am very happy with the setvice levels and support that iiNet provides. I suggest iiNet on a regular basis to others and can really say that this has been the most satisfied I've ever been with an internet service provider. Thank you for the awesome service you provide.

Start DateOctober 2016
Customer ServiceiiNet

Absolutely brilliant to hear, Ritz. Thank you very much for your review, recommendations and rating! - Tal

Cameron Robinson

Cameron RobinsonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Recommend iiNet the Tech Experts

Great customer service, fast provisioning, tech help or billing payment help 24hours per day. Great value plans for new customers, great uptime, rarely issues. friendly, professional, understandable. They listen. Happy so far.

Start DateJanuary 2018
happy customer

happy customerSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Always reliable service

Having been a long time customer of iiNet speaks for itself....if I have had any issues with my internet I have found their staff extremely efficient in dealing with my concerns. Since the introduction of the NBN , a few teething problems in the early stages, my internet service runs without fault. I hope to be an iiNet customer long into the future

Raymond

RaymondVictoria

I get good support from iinet.

The NBN connection is generally reliable. There has been a great improvement over the last 12 months. I recently experienced an internet failure but this was dealt with quickly and efficiently by iinet and the NBN.
I am a long term customer and have always found iinet support to be very good. The plan I am on suits my requirements.

S Holmes

S HolmesSouth East Queensland, QLD

NBN 50 is excellent

IINET NBN 50 is a good safe fast reliable internet system. Only glitches come from our local NBN connections. IINET is always available for contact to help with any problems.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Frustrated by every aspect of this company

Chrispy

which service number do you want as I have a few

CMP-27597

Netspace to iiNet over 25 years

We do not have very good coverage in our area, iiNet have always been there as a reliable backstop on all occasions, we would not consider changing for that reason. We have been given an upgrade to try and fix the slow issue. iiNet service is excellent..

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateJanuary 1996

FWa

FWa

Awesome... great service and value for money

Great reliable connection, Good speed, Best customer service, Top Value for money, Highly recommended.

Been a user since last 4 years and have experienced close none outages with different products. Awesome.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Just what we want to see for all of our customer's FWa! Thanks for your 4 years with and for your excellent vote of confidence!

Milan D.asked

How do you call people who charge you for waiting for delivery of modem and setting up the connection? You guys send me invoice after two weeks of using NBN service. When we were about to make a deal and when I specifically asked will I be charged until the service is provided answer was NO. And then...

Hi Milan,

We're always happy to lend a hand here. If you can reply with an invoice or reference number, we can use this to locate your account and organise help.

Milan D.

I already have done that through the call center. Each and every time I was advised that I will not be charged, but lets try again. This is my lates invoice number 696880183

Hi Milan,

Thank you!

We can't go into specifics here, due to privacy and security reasons, but as a general guide, your first invoice will contain your setup and hardware costs (if applicable) as well as your first month of service, as connections are charged for a month in advance.

Once connected, you're then credited back for the time that you were without a connection (for instance, if you pay for a month in advance and the connection takes two weeks, we'll credit you back for the remaining two weeks) and the invoicing continues, a month in advance, from there.

Jan H.asked

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Crisasked

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers