Ikea Billy Bookcase

Ikea Billy Bookcase

See the Best Living Storage Furniture Pieces in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Good bookcase but extra shelves are useless

Not beautiful but practical. I bought 2 extra shelves for each bookcase, but found that they can't be placed in the proper position because of the door hinges and some missing holes. Now I have 2 shelves in each bookcase that are too low to store my books upright. A missed opportunity.

Purchased in January 2015.

Sarah.B
Sarah.BSYDNEY

Practical...

I purchased this bookshelf a couple months ago and have started noticing the doors stop closing properly, I have to have at least 4 tries to make the door remain shut!

Other than that, the bookshelf is really practical. It fits a lot of books and other bits and pieces. Also with the glass doors the dust stays out which saves me from cleaning :)

If you are considering buying it, read more about it - it isn't the cheapest option and I am sure there is other shelves out there that function better and are at a similar price.
Large, option with doors, stylish
functionality not so good

Ronald N.asked

price and size

Ronald N.
Ronald N.asked

book cases ann wall units

Cozzie
Cozzieasked

Am I able to buy extra shelf supports for Billy

suzyq
suzyq

NO. They are free, at least in Australia where I live. There are large drawer units with all sorts of spares in them. generally in the area where you pick up your goods. Just take as many as you want and put a small donation in the UNICEF box.

CategoryLiving Storage Furniture Pieces