Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers Questions & Answers

48 questions from our users

What size mattress do I need for Hemnes 3 drawer day bed? Please send me details of available IKEA mattresses or link. In Rural NSW with no access to IKEA

I love this daybed. My problem is how to easily make up the bed after sleeping on it. Does anyone have a technique?

What is the weight limit on the pulled out version of this bed?

Hi Does anyone have a solution for keeping the two mattresses together on the day bed my Daughter likes to sleep on both the mattresses (not princess and the pea at all) very comfy but we find that after a nights sleep the mattresses slip off each other. Any ideas greatly appreciated?
I had the same problem, I just ended up replacing the 2 mattresses for a regular twin mattress.

Is it suitable for 11yr old girl..who wants it for sllepovers?
Yes! it's perfect for kids, especially sleep overs.

Can you change the slats the heavy duty ones bought separately? If so would single work as I'm thinking of getting this as we are converting the lounge into another bedroom due to the fact my daughter is pregnant and we have a two bed flat, thank you

Does anyone have a solution to making it be trundle easier to slide out/in on a carpeted floor? My carpet isn't even thick, it's just a step above rental grade carpet.

How high in inches is the mattress for the hemnes ikea bed?

Size of bed as a double?
When the bed of fully out it goes from being a twin to a double twin which is almost a king in size. I use King sheets and it works fine.

I have brought a new hemnes day bed white and when installed it’s smaller than the previous one I have they are the same but the new one is smaller did ikea change it model? Has anyone else got an older version and the new one

We seem to have a problem with slanting with this bed. It looks like it's because the slats attach to high to the outside frame of the bed resulting in the mattress slanting a bit and feeling like it's gently trying to roll you out of it. Has anyone else had this issue?
Yes, I'm having the exact same problem!

Only have 13 slats I’m missing 12 which I assume are for the pullout bit but I don’t know the size of them as I know they smaller than the 13 I have anyone know the length so I can go get some cut?

This IS a great product, but the individual wooden slats break a little too easily for my liking. I've had the bed about four years, but three slats have no snapped and I don't know how to get replacements; surely I don't have to buy an entire new set? Anyone know how I can buy say another 5-6 slats? If I were to give IKEA advice on this product, I'd say either make the slats stronger, or sell it with a few spares............
Have you called Ikea - I know a friend who got replacement parts for a bed from them. Worth a try?

Has anyone tried to add castors to help pull out and move the ikea hemnes daybed? Can castors be added?
Erm, ours has castors on the pull out bit *awkward

Hi, I've just assembled the bed but the drawers will not go in fully. Does anyone know why this might be?

We bought the bed in 2008 and generally it has been fine. However, the sides of one of the drawers, made of a composite has broken down in the area of the hardward screws that keep the sides attached to the front and back of the drawer. IKEA does not have just a drawer or parts of a drawer we can buy. Any suggestions?
Yes. Make a replacement

The bed is extended, but the bottom part will not move to put back under the main part. Is there a release somewhere? What am I doing wrong?
Contact IKEA for guidancei don't know if you ever figured this out, but sometimes you can pull the bed out too much and the side that is attached to the frame will sag in the middle and become misaligned, making it impossible for the pullout part to slide back in. if you lift the mattress, then lift the sagging frame while pushing the pullout back inside, it should reconnect. hope that makes sense.

If I were to keep the Ikea Hemnes daybed open all the time what size bedding(sheets, comforter) what size should I get?
Double

I'm considering buying this daybed to use in our living room for guests. We originally wanted to move our full size mattress and boxspring and decorate it in a way that will resemble a large sofa. However, after discovering this daybed, I'm wondering if it would be okay to keep it pulled out all the time with a normal full size mattress. Our mattress is 10in in thickness. Would the daybed be okay in its extended position for long periods of time? Also, since the daybed opens to a king and not a full, is it possible to keep it open to a partial capacity without it rolling out into its maximum capacity?
Yes, you could keep it pulled out all the time. The base is sturdy enough. When it is fully pulled out, its height is 45cm. Width is about 140cm. However, it doesn't open to partial capacity. It's either an upright sofa, or a bed. No in between. When converting to a bed, the section you pull out with the small handle comprises about two-thirds of the bed, then the sofa backing folds down to create the extra third. Storage underneath. Anyway, hope that helps.

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives

Similar listings