Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

77 questions from our users

Anne
Anneasked

I have an ikea daybed but the slats do not come out even. One side is lower then the other. How can i make it even please

michelle
michelle

Having similar issues...at a loss as to why. Crap flimsy design.

Lonnie B.
Lonnie B.asked

Assembled this but the trundle part has a half inch gap when closed on the left. Right side closes against the frame just fine. Does anyone know a way to adjust it?

Amy W
Amy Wasked

Please can someone tell me the true measurements of this bed? Online it states that it is 209cm long however, this seems massive. Is this correct?

Jack T.
Jack T.asked

What is the weight capacity for this?

Ask Ikea

Atiqa R.asked

Hi, I’m looking for beds around for both my daughters. They sharing room so I’m looking for something that takes less space. They’re under 5, need recommendations before buying??? Please

Atiqa R.

I quite like this bed but will need recommendations

But there are already 38 reviews so I don’t understand

Maria C.
Maria C.asked

How can the drawer part slide better on carpet please? I’m only renting and don’t want ruin the carpet

Chrissy B
Chrissy B

I don’t know, but have absolutely the same problem.

Michael t
Michael t

Me too - my carpet means the bottom draw half won’t slide out and requires me (a fully grown man to use all my strength to pull it out) whilst wife lifts the seat bit at an angle. The wheels just don’t work on carpet - the normal bedroom floor material.

Heather Dasked

Can anyone tell me what type of metal the crossbar is? (the metal piece that you hitch the draws under)
I'd like to know because I've had an allergic reaction when handling the metal but can't find what it is in the product information.

The Reviewer

As this is not the Ikea site what was their response when you contacted them?

Heather D

Yeah I contacted their customer service and they advised it was carbon steel with a zinc layer as surface treatment

Angela
Angelaasked

what duvet size fits hemnes bed when its out as a double bed?

Heather D

I'd use at least a queen. If it's all the way out with two single matresses side by side, king would work too.

Megan G.asked

What size mattress topper?

Frances K.
Frances K.asked

My husband's just assembled this bed in the living room and it's too wide to fit through a door. HELP. We're moving to a retirement village!
Ikea what do we do?
Fran Kohnert

Lex
Lexasked

Does anybody know the average or roundabout weight? Need to know for delivery quote

Dina D
Dina Dasked

Hi. I purchased this bed 6 years ago for my then teenage daughter. I bought a regular twin size mattress from a mattress company (not Ikea) and it works fine. Thinking about opening it up to keep it as a double all the time. Will a full size mattress fit best? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Megan G.

Is that the same as a double? I’m wondering if a double would fit on it?

Heather D

You've probably already worked it out, but a queen matress fits comfortably in terms of width, but it's the matress length (head to toe) that can be the problem. Double would certainly fit, or get two decent quality ikea single matresses and it feels like a king!

Amy
Amyasked

What’s the best mattresses to
Buy for a 5
Year old ?

West
Westasked

Can you use single size mattresses on both the trundle and day bed?

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

See below

Milord
Milord

If you buy the mattresses from IKEA; then yes; you need to jump onto the website and check the exact model series mattresses it recommends.

Other than that; I would not recommend anything else. My partner tried to buy a mattress topper for the existing mattress; it turned out it was the wrong size and it actually extended width-wise more than the actual mattress.

West
Westasked

Can you use a single mattress for on both the daybed and trundle? Will a single mattress fit on both?

KVV
KVVasked

Assembled per instructions and an Ikea video. pushing trundle in for storage, the front of the bed frame is not high enough? Front is off floor and trundle is not seated fully. What gives?

Lesleyb
Lesleybasked

Hi Just purchased the hemnes daybed and it's on carpet but it's not thick carpet, to pull the trundle bed out is a nightmare it's really hard.Are these daybeds only suitable on wooden floors don't know what to do? Had IKEA's people in to put it together.

Faith M.
Faith M.

i have mine on carpet and just pull slowly on one side, then on the other to extend the length. it gets easier once you move it a few inches.

Hannah
Hannahasked

I have a small bedroom so the underbed only opens half-way. Will the slates break if I sleep on it like that?

Tony Y.
Tony Y.asked

Hello all, can I put a queen size mattress when pull the bed out ? The mattress seem not comfort ...

Stéphanie P.
Stéphanie P.

No. Regular mattresses are too long

What about a double?

Bob
Bobasked

I've had one of these for 10+ years and it's great. Just bought another one used, but it's missing the short slats on the pullout (over the drawers). Where can I get replacements?

Melony S.
Melony S.

You can get any replacement parts directly from ikea. Any parts they don’t have in the bins at customer service, they will order for you.

Other Beds