Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers Questions & Answers

51 questions from our users

Louise

Louiseasked

I pulled out this bed to use for the first time last night and all the slats (apart from the end ones) popped out of the metal bar that runs along the back of the bed. I can’t seem to align them to clip back in - can anyone advise please?

Isra E.

Isra E.asked

hey there, i’ve had this bed for a week or two and i can’t seem to push the daybed back in. it’s kinda annoying and i was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? this bed is on all hardwood

Ahmad F.
Ahmad F.

Hi,
Yes, it happened for us too, its nothing. You should pick up the mattresses and just relocate the two side of the bed again like the last part of the assembly.

Sophie J.

Sophie J.asked

Does it work on carpet floors? Like can the bed slide out when it’s on a carpet floor?

JEP

JEPasked

What size mattress do I need for Hemnes 3 drawer day bed? Please send me details of available IKEA mattresses or link.
In Rural NSW with no access to IKEA

Jim C.

Jim C.asked

I love this daybed. My problem is how to easily make up the bed after sleeping on it. Does anyone have a technique?

Amanda

Amandaasked

What is the weight limit on the pulled out version of this bed?

Donna M.

Donna M.asked

What is the weight limit for the extended slats?

Julie P

Julie Pasked

Hi
Does anyone have a solution for keeping the two mattresses together on the day bed my Daughter likes to sleep on both the mattresses (not princess and the pea at all) very comfy but we find that after a nights sleep the mattresses slip off each other. Any ideas greatly appreciated?

rixiuchiha
rixiuchiha

I had the same problem, I just ended up replacing the 2 mattresses for a regular twin mattress.

Yvonne Q

Yvonne Qasked

Is it suitable for 11yr old girl..who wants it for sllepovers?

micky
micky

Yes! it's perfect for kids, especially sleep overs.

Claire G

Claire Gasked

Can you change the slats the heavy duty ones bought separately? If so would single work as I'm thinking of getting this as we are converting the lounge into another bedroom due to the fact my daughter is pregnant and we have a two bed flat, thank you

Laura D.

Laura D.asked

Does anyone have a solution to making it be trundle easier to slide out/in on a carpeted floor? My carpet isn't even thick, it's just a step above rental grade carpet.

Daphne K

Daphne Kasked

How high in inches is the mattress for the hemnes ikea bed?

Carole B

Carole Basked

Size of bed as a double?

William
William

When the bed of fully out it goes from being a twin to a double twin which is almost a king in size. I use King sheets and it works fine.

Lei22

Lei22asked

I have brought a new hemnes day bed white and when installed it’s smaller than the previous one I have they are the same but the new one is smaller did ikea change it model? Has anyone else got an older version and the new one

Adelasked

We seem to have a problem with slanting with this bed. It looks like it's because the slats attach to high to the outside frame of the bed resulting in the mattress slanting a bit and feeling like it's gently trying to roll you out of it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Stephanie
Stephanie

Yes, I'm having the exact same problem!

Lei22

Lei22asked

Only have 13 slats I’m missing 12 which I assume are for the pullout bit but I don’t know the size of them as I know they smaller than the 13 I have anyone know the length so I can go get some cut?

Jerry

Try the IKEA store - they have spare parts on hand.

TIMOTHY

TIMOTHYasked

This IS a great product, but the individual wooden slats break a little too easily for my liking. I've had the bed about four years, but three slats have no snapped and I don't know how to get replacements; surely I don't have to buy an entire new set? Anyone know how I can buy say another 5-6 slats? If I were to give IKEA advice on this product, I'd say either make the slats stronger, or sell it with a few spares............

MishB
MishB

Have you called Ikea - I know a friend who got replacement parts for a bed from them. Worth a try?

Jerry

You can usually get replacement parts from any IKEA store.

Carole Quarrell

Carole Quarrellasked

Has anyone tried to add castors to help pull out and move the ikea hemnes daybed? Can castors be added?

Adel

Erm, ours has castors on the pull out bit *awkward

Gemma C

Gemma Casked

Hi, I've just assembled the bed but the drawers will not go in fully. Does anyone know why this might be?

Dede

Dedeasked

We bought the bed in 2008 and generally it has been fine. However, the sides of one of the drawers, made of a composite has broken down in the area of the hardward screws that keep the sides attached to the front and back of the drawer. IKEA does not have just a drawer or parts of a drawer we can buy. Any suggestions?

fred f
fred f

Yes. Make a replacement

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives