Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers Questions & Answers

60 questions from our users

Hannah

Hannahasked

I have a small bedroom so the underbed only opens half-way. Will the slates break if I sleep on it like that?

Tony Y.

Tony Y.asked

Hello all, can I put a queen size mattress when pull the bed out ? The mattress seem not comfort ...

Bob

Bobasked

I've had one of these for 10+ years and it's great. Just bought another one used, but it's missing the short slats on the pullout (over the drawers). Where can I get replacements?

Melony S.
Melony S.

You can get any replacement parts directly from ikea. Any parts they don’t have in the bins at customer service, they will order for you.

Keziah

Keziahasked

This question has been asked before, but just wanting to see if there anyone who currently owns this bed and uses a normal sized single mattress (90cmx190cm) for when the set up is a single arrangement?

Sarah M.

Sarah M.asked

With the hemnes day bed
With the two 80 x 200 mattresses will they each take a single sheet? Also what duvet size is used on the website is it a double or king?

Jacquie
Jacquie

I use a king size fitted sheet set. This is a bed with king size proportions. I needed to buy a mattress topper because the mattresses are firm

Rach79

Rach79asked

Would you buy a double duvet for this and tuck it under or buy a single duvet? Thanks

Foufou O.

Foufou O.asked

Could I use 2 norgedel regular twin
Mattresses on the Hemness daybed?

Angel B.

Angel B.asked

My husband just assembled this bed, got it used, but the drawers seem to catching and not opening and shutting smoothly....what can we do to fix this? There doesn’t seem to be any protruding screws, so not sure why it’s catching.

Sherry

Sherryasked

Will the hemnes day bed hold the weight of 2 adults. ? For both when the bed is pulled out or kept in as a couch?

Ahmad F.

Yes, we've been using it for 5 months to sleep on it and encounter no problem. Because it includes a real mattress it is super comfy as well.

Heather
Heather

Do either of you know the weight capacity when the bed is extended? I have tried to reach Ikea but cannot get an answer. I would like to purchase this for guests but not sure if it will hold two larger adults. Thanks!

Louise

Louiseasked

I pulled out this bed to use for the first time last night and all the slats (apart from the end ones) popped out of the metal bar that runs along the back of the bed. I can’t seem to align them to clip back in - can anyone advise please?

Isra E.

Isra E.asked

hey there, i’ve had this bed for a week or two and i can’t seem to push the daybed back in. it’s kinda annoying and i was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? this bed is on all hardwood

Hi,
Yes, it happened for us too, its nothing. You should pick up the mattresses and just relocate the two side of the bed again like the last part of the assembly.

Sophie J.

Sophie J.asked

Does it work on carpet floors? Like can the bed slide out when it’s on a carpet floor?

JEP

JEPasked

What size mattress do I need for Hemnes 3 drawer day bed? Please send me details of available IKEA mattresses or link.
In Rural NSW with no access to IKEA

Jim C.

Jim C.asked

I love this daybed. My problem is how to easily make up the bed after sleeping on it. Does anyone have a technique?

Amanda

Amandaasked

What is the weight limit on the pulled out version of this bed?

Donna M.

Donna M.asked

What is the weight limit for the extended slats?

Julie P

Julie Pasked

Hi
Does anyone have a solution for keeping the two mattresses together on the day bed my Daughter likes to sleep on both the mattresses (not princess and the pea at all) very comfy but we find that after a nights sleep the mattresses slip off each other. Any ideas greatly appreciated?

rixiuchiha
rixiuchiha

I had the same problem, I just ended up replacing the 2 mattresses for a regular twin mattress.

Lynne
Lynne

My daughter is having this problem too. Did you find a solution? I'm considering putting two strong velcro strips between the two.

Yvonne Q

Yvonne Qasked

Is it suitable for 11yr old girl..who wants it for sllepovers?

micky
micky

Yes! it's perfect for kids, especially sleep overs.

Claire G

Claire Gasked

Can you change the slats the heavy duty ones bought separately? If so would single work as I'm thinking of getting this as we are converting the lounge into another bedroom due to the fact my daughter is pregnant and we have a two bed flat, thank you

Laura D.

Laura D.asked

Does anyone have a solution to making it be trundle easier to slide out/in on a carpeted floor? My carpet isn't even thick, it's just a step above rental grade carpet.