Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Beds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

bullnala

bullnalaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ok but slats poor quality

I put the bed together by myself and it did take about 2 hours. The bed itself is great for a 30kg 9 year old but I doubt it's useful for any adult as the slats broke on the trundle section on the first night after an adult sat on it. She didn't jump on it or bounce or even land heavily. She just sat down and it broke in half. In the three weeks I've had it 2 more slats have snapped from having a 15 year old boy kneel on it to get in bed.

It may not be the most expensive bed but I expected far more from an IKEA product. I will be asking for new slats free of charge.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Perfect for our needs

Good as a single bed, for single person, needing storage in small room

Be aware takes a long time to construct!

Took two competent diyers 7 hours to construct. Involved having to lie on the floor to screw parts together from underneath! Instructions do not include a parts list and could be clearer in places. Ensure you have an electric screwdriver. Be aware of poor workmanship with some drilled holes being in the wrong place. Involves some rotating of heavy parts. Not for the faint hearted furniture assembler. We have yet to fall asleep on it as now imbibing champagne!

lovely bed but rubbish trundle

Can't pull it out on carpet, bit rubbish for ikea really! Should be at least an inch off the floor. I'll either have to put wheels on the bed and raise the pull out bed somehow or put a piece of ply under the wheels of the pull out bed so it will slide easily. I duno!

A Hemnes triumph!

We bought the bed frame with two Malfors foam mattresses. It has worked perfectly for us. The thing to watch out for is to avoid using mattresses that are too thick or too big and beddings that are not a good fit.

Mum of 3

Mum of 3

Very clever. We are about to buy a 3rd one!

Awful

I regret buying this. Got a couple months ago and it keeps breaking. The boards aren't even close to strong enough. Very disappointed in this. Not worth the money.

Loloyo123

Loloyo123Seattle, Washington

Broke after 6 months.

When i first assembled the bed it took 8 hours! I have purchased and assembled many ikea items and this one took forever, not just that but when you pull out the drawers to make the bed into a queen its very flimsy! When just a twin the bed works as a bed just fine, a little tight even for one but it can work. When you make the bed bigger thats when problems start, because too much weight is put on the metal frame part of the bed it bends down. I literally had a night when i ended up on the floor because of this. I would not recommend this bed, it is beautiful and pretty cost efficient but in the long run NOT worth it at ALL!!

We liked it so much, we bought a second one!

Great as a single, but we have issues with trundle.

We bought this for our 12 year old daughter who has a small bedroom. We love the storage and the fact that it can be pulled out to make a large bed for when friends sleep over.

The bed is very nice looking, however we have carpet and the trundle is almost impossible to pull out. It is so hard that I'm afraid to do it very often because I don't want joints to loosen. We haven't figured out how to modify so that it is more user friendly!

Anyone had similar problems? Please share any solutions

Kelly

KellyGreat Missenden

Stylish, comfy and clever use of space but......

Just love this bed! Great as a sofa and comfy single but found the mattress hangs over the edge of the bed - it is a good 2inches wider. Trying to get hold of IKEA but no success so far to query mattresses. Sadly there is a chemical smell from the mattresses which lingers for months despite having Fabrese sprayed over regularly.

Smart bed!

Such smart engineering. I get a huge size bed and still have lots of storage space below! The Hemnes daybed is perfect for my daughter! It is super comfortable and looks beautiful in her room. When she is sick I open it up and I sleep with her. It turns into a bed that is bigger than a King size and very comfortable. We purchased 2 twin foam mattresses from IKEA (the thicker ones). The beds fit together so tightley that I do not have the problem described by another reviewer, we do not feel that ridge gap at all because they are tightly together.
Beautiful, Comfortable, bigger than a King size bed and lots of storage space.

mckazimi
mckazimi

Thanks for your comment - do you stack the mattresses one on top of the other when you use it as a "couch" - does that work? Otherwise, there's the issue of where to store the other twin mattress when not in use. THANKS

Sulli
Sulli

Hi do you have to buy two mattresses for this bed or just one? Asking as I was about to purchase it for my daughter?! Lol x

Tillingite

TillingiteAU

Great as a single, doesn't work so well as a double.

Justin_1000
Justin_1000

No space between mattresses if you use two twin foam mattresses, they fit tightly together. Use a fitted twin bed sheet on each mattress

Louise

Louiseasked

I pulled out this bed to use for the first time last night and all the slats (apart from the end ones) popped out of the metal bar that runs along the back of the bed. I can’t seem to align them to clip back in - can anyone advise please?

Isra E.

Isra E.asked

hey there, i’ve had this bed for a week or two and i can’t seem to push the daybed back in. it’s kinda annoying and i was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? this bed is on all hardwood

Ahmad F.
Ahmad F.

Hi,
Yes, it happened for us too, its nothing. You should pick up the mattresses and just relocate the two side of the bed again like the last part of the assembly.

Sophie J.

Sophie J.asked

Does it work on carpet floors? Like can the bed slide out when it’s on a carpet floor?

Get an answer from our members and IKEA representatives

CategoryBeds