Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

See the Best Beds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Ease of Assembly

Solid bed

I am not a DIY person but these instructions were amazing, step by step and pictures and all screws in numbered bags, my son in law took 2 hrs on his own and I even done the draws and all tracks, not used the bed yet, hence the 4 stars but it seems solid and wood is lovely and chunky. Never do reviews but had to this time. Well done ikea xx

Purchased in September 2020 at Warrington for $215.00.

Milord
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

A fantastic day bed except for the assembly challenges

Purchased in November 2019 at IKEA ACT, Canberra for $757.00.

Jacquie
JacquieSydney, NSW

stylish but a bit hard

We purchased this as a spare bed, but it became a regular use bed. The bed is beautifully constructed and good quality and stylish. The mattresses are less so. They are quite thin and hard. There is an option to purchase thicker mattresses, but if you ever use it as a day bed and have to stack the thicker mattresses, it will be to high.

Purchased in April 2017 at IKEA NSW, Tempe.

Ahmad F.
Ahmad F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best one in the market

Since we just moved in from overseas, we had to buy a bed and also a sofa which we put in our living room. So, we searched everywhere and examined thoroughly every option, to be both chic and comfortable for longterm use. This is the one. You sleep on a bed with a firm mattress and sit on a double mattress which is nicely designed. The hardest part is the assembly though, which took me 5 to 6 hours in 2 days and that is why I gave it a 4 star.

Purchased in July 2019 at IKEA VIC, Springvale for $499.00.

Find out how Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers compares to other Beds

This will break due to poor design

The bed lasted a year of weekend use. The problem starts with how you pull the bed out. If you don't get the exact middle every time it looses at the back. This becomes more problematic over time as the wheels aren't really designed to be pulled on the carpet. This action twists the main support which will eventually pop out leading to the screws (attached to the back of the drawers) to eventually fail and rip out (destroying the bed). It looks pretty but because the wheels are crap and the main support area isn't thick nor actual wood the whole thing will break.

Style over function.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Awful.

this bed is absolutely terrible, it looks great when it’s first put together ( which takes ages! ) however, drawers broke straight away and i can’t even sleep on it anymore! The two compartments just came apart!! absolutely awful quality, having to buy a new bed now as i am unable to sleep on this bed anymore.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
MishB
MishBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ikea Day bed - really good

Takes ages to build but definitely worth it.
We have it in our spare room, and use it for guests. I have bought a foam mattress topper to put on top as the thin mattresses didn't cut it. Just have to store it when the topper isn't being used.
Haven't had any issues with the slats. However I have pulled the trundle out too far a couple of times, but I'm not sure if this has happened because I missed something when building it!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Worst bed ever

This bed started out as a great.
Priced right although assembly was necessary.
It's a trundle and the slats are not sturdy.
My daughter cannot use the additional bed because it's bows in the middle. Had this bed a little over a year and within the first six months the drawers brok;They most likely cannot be replaced. The wholes make it essentially impossible to glue back together.
I have searched for replacement but have not found any. I will try to replace but unhappy with the quality of this bed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Clark
ClarkWA, 6102

Looks great!

Love this day bed. Bought it for my toddler and so glad we did! Great for a day bed or child's bed. Had a couple stay in it 2 weeks and it was fine but any longer and it would of been too hard. Perfect for a wee one. And will come in handy when she's old enough for sleep overs with friends. It's huge when extended!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

deanosimmo
deanosimmoIllawarra, NSW

Versatile bed

Bought this for my daughter and she loves it. She uses the bed during the day as a sofa, hanging out with friends, watching TV or doing homework on. Great addition of pull-out bed underneath and as storage. It is very solid. Easy to build.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Emily
EmilyToowoomba

Functional bed for sunroom/guest bedroom

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Tahereh
TaherehMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great if you have a small space

I bought this bed frame about one and half years ago. It still looks great. I especially love its drawers because my unit is small and I have a lot of stuff and no place to put them!!!! this bed frame really helped me with organising the extra sheets and etc. It is just a little small to sleep is you need a lot of space otherwise great product.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Mum of 3
Mum of 3

Very clever. We are about to buy a 3rd one!

Awful

I regret buying this. Got a couple months ago and it keeps breaking. The boards aren't even close to strong enough. Very disappointed in this. Not worth the money.

Loloyo123
Loloyo123Seattle, Washington

Broke after 6 months.

When i first assembled the bed it took 8 hours! I have purchased and assembled many ikea items and this one took forever, not just that but when you pull out the drawers to make the bed into a queen its very flimsy! When just a twin the bed works as a bed just fine, a little tight even for one but it can work. When you make the bed bigger thats when problems start, because too much weight is put on the metal frame part of the bed it bends down. I literally had a night when i ended up on the floor because of this. I would not recommend this bed, it is beautiful and pretty cost efficient but in the long run NOT worth it at ALL!!