Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

See the Best Beds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Ease of Assembly
Henry. Bilo
Henry. BiloMid North Coast, NSW

Really good day bed

I have had this for a while and from the really easy install to how it has held up over the years I would highly recommend it to anyone on the look out.

Solid bed

I am not a DIY person but these instructions were amazing, step by step and pictures and all screws in numbered bags, my son in law took 2 hrs on his own and I even done the draws and all tracks, not used the bed yet, hence the 4 stars but it seems solid and wood is lovely and chunky. Never do reviews but had to this time. Well done ikea xx

Purchased in September 2020 at Warrington for $215.00.

Kerrie M.
Kerrie M.South East Queensland, QLD

Great for small space !

Beautiful looking bed - looks amazing in the room - great storage !
Mattresses very firm but it’s perfectly ok.
Took ages to put together but everything from Ikea does !
Would definitely but another one

Purchased in May 2019 at IKEA for $700.00.

Ease of Assembly

Milord
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT

A fantastic day bed except for the assembly challenges

Purchased in November 2019 at IKEA ACT, Canberra for $757.00.

Jacquie
JacquieSydney, NSW

stylish but a bit hard

We purchased this as a spare bed, but it became a regular use bed. The bed is beautifully constructed and good quality and stylish. The mattresses are less so. They are quite thin and hard. There is an option to purchase thicker mattresses, but if you ever use it as a day bed and have to stack the thicker mattresses, it will be to high.

Purchased in April 2017 at IKEA NSW, Tempe.

Ahmad F.
Ahmad F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best one in the market

Since we just moved in from overseas, we had to buy a bed and also a sofa which we put in our living room. So, we searched everywhere and examined thoroughly every option, to be both chic and comfortable for longterm use. This is the one. You sleep on a bed with a firm mattress and sit on a double mattress which is nicely designed. The hardest part is the assembly though, which took me 5 to 6 hours in 2 days and that is why I gave it a 4 star.

Purchased in July 2019 at IKEA VIC, Springvale for $499.00.

This will break due to poor design

The bed lasted a year of weekend use. The problem starts with how you pull the bed out. If you don't get the exact middle every time it looses at the back. This becomes more problematic over time as the wheels aren't really designed to be pulled on the carpet. This action twists the main support which will eventually pop out leading to the screws (attached to the back of the drawers) to eventually fail and rip out (destroying the bed). It looks pretty but because the wheels are crap and the main support area isn't thick nor actual wood the whole thing will break.

Style over function.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Awful.

this bed is absolutely terrible, it looks great when it’s first put together ( which takes ages! ) however, drawers broke straight away and i can’t even sleep on it anymore! The two compartments just came apart!! absolutely awful quality, having to buy a new bed now as i am unable to sleep on this bed anymore.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

RossS
RossSPerth

Great all rounder

Love love love this piece. I was lucky enough to find one in the as is section in the Dove Grey colour. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Purchased the harder memory foam mattresses to go with it. Looks great all compact in the daybed setup in my home office, easily converts to a King Bed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

MishB
MishBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Ikea Day bed - really good

Takes ages to build but definitely worth it.
We have it in our spare room, and use it for guests. I have bought a foam mattress topper to put on top as the thin mattresses didn't cut it. Just have to store it when the topper isn't being used.
Haven't had any issues with the slats. However I have pulled the trundle out too far a couple of times, but I'm not sure if this has happened because I missed something when building it!!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Great choice!

Great choice! We have a small bedroom and my husband and I open it and use it as a king bed every night! We've been using it for almost a year and we're so happy with the quality and practicality of it!

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Worst bed ever

This bed started out as a great.
Priced right although assembly was necessary.
It's a trundle and the slats are not sturdy.
My daughter cannot use the additional bed because it's bows in the middle. Had this bed a little over a year and within the first six months the drawers brok;They most likely cannot be replaced. The wholes make it essentially impossible to glue back together.
I have searched for replacement but have not found any. I will try to replace but unhappy with the quality of this bed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Clark
ClarkWA, 6102

Looks great!

Love this day bed. Bought it for my toddler and so glad we did! Great for a day bed or child's bed. Had a couple stay in it 2 weeks and it was fine but any longer and it would of been too hard. Perfect for a wee one. And will come in handy when she's old enough for sleep overs with friends. It's huge when extended!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
newhome
newhomeAU

very nice and efficient

for the price we pay, it is probably worth of it, bed and sofa easy to install and expand.
however, if you are looking for something very soft, probably not a good idea.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013
deanosimmo
deanosimmoIllawarra, NSW

Versatile bed

Bought this for my daughter and she loves it. She uses the bed during the day as a sofa, hanging out with friends, watching TV or doing homework on. Great addition of pull-out bed underneath and as storage. It is very solid. Easy to build.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017