Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers

See the Best Beds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Ease of Assembly
Henry. Bilo
Henry. BiloMid North Coast, NSW

Really good day bed

I have had this for a while and from the really easy install to how it has held up over the years I would highly recommend it to anyone on the look out.

Kerrie M.
Kerrie M.South East Queensland, QLD

Great for small space !

Beautiful looking bed - looks amazing in the room - great storage !
Mattresses very firm but it’s perfectly ok.
Took ages to put together but everything from Ikea does !
Would definitely but another one

Purchased in May 2019 at IKEA for $700.00.

Ease of Assembly

RossS
RossSPerth

Great all rounder

Love love love this piece. I was lucky enough to find one in the as is section in the Dove Grey colour. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Purchased the harder memory foam mattresses to go with it. Looks great all compact in the daybed setup in my home office, easily converts to a King Bed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great choice!

Great choice! We have a small bedroom and my husband and I open it and use it as a king bed every night! We've been using it for almost a year and we're so happy with the quality and practicality of it!

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Beds

Find out how Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers compares to other Beds

newhome
newhomeAU

very nice and efficient

for the price we pay, it is probably worth of it, bed and sofa easy to install and expand.
however, if you are looking for something very soft, probably not a good idea.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Solid piece of furniture. Time consuming, but not complicated. Electric screwdriver a must!!!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Kimmyv
KimmyvEtobicoke

Perfect for lounging around on with lots of pillows or a good nights sleep . Lots of wonderful stora

Assembly took approximately five hours. If you used a power drill it would be faster but it is not necessary. Easy to follow instructions . Just take your time and look each set of instructions over carefully . A wonderful product . We were totally satisfied .

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Perfect for our needs

A Hemnes triumph!

We bought the bed frame with two Malfors foam mattresses. It has worked perfectly for us. The thing to watch out for is to avoid using mattresses that are too thick or too big and beddings that are not a good fit.

Beds

Find out how Ikea Hemnes Day-bed Frame with 3 Drawers compares to other Beds

We liked it so much, we bought a second one!

Smart bed!

Such smart engineering. I get a huge size bed and still have lots of storage space below! The Hemnes daybed is perfect for my daughter! It is super comfortable and looks beautiful in her room. When she is sick I open it up and I sleep with her. It turns into a bed that is bigger than a King size and very comfortable. We purchased 2 twin foam mattresses from IKEA (the thicker ones). The beds fit together so tightley that I do not have the problem described by another reviewer, we do not feel that ridge gap at all because they are tightly together.
Beautiful, Comfortable, bigger than a King size bed and lots of storage space.

mckazimi
mckazimi

Thanks for your comment - do you stack the mattresses one on top of the other when you use it as a "couch" - does that work? Otherwise, there's the issue of where to store the other twin mattress when not in use. THANKS

Sulli
Sulli

Hi do you have to buy two mattresses for this bed or just one? Asking as I was about to purchase it for my daughter?! Lol x