Ikea Hemnes Bed Frame

Ikea Hemnes Bed Frame Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Karen J.
Karen J.asked

What do u do if the lonset slats are too long?

BellaVeralle
BellaVeralleasked

We bought the King size today. Now I'm really concerned about putting it together!
We didn't buy the slats though. We're going to get hard wood slats to put in the frame.
Is it the posture slats which make it creaky and unable?

Anna20
Anna20

It's a long time ago since we bought this bed. I am surprised that anbody would by this bed after the bad review. The whole bed
is poorly designed and is warped. I don't know if hard wood slats would make any difference. Take the bed back and get your
money back. If they ask for the wrapping and other things, just tell them u want your money back and say that the bed didn't
live up to your expectations. Otherwise go to Fair Trading. There are new laws in place so they can't refuse you the money back. Good Luck!

amy.barnicoat
amy.barnicoatasked

Is this bed worth getting if not what bed frame would be good?

Alton_Chan

I don't think this bed is worth the trouble and the time to put it together. Best is to paid a little bit more and buy an already assembled bed.

Cliffs
Cliffsasked

I have a super kingsize bed frame Hemnes from ikea. Creaks like crazy with every body movement.
Is there a solution to stop this. Hoping the bed just needs to bed in. Ideas welcome.

Alton_Chan

I think you need to find out whether the creakings come from the mattress' spring coils being loose or from the bed frame itself. With mine, I bought a new mattress and box spring over the QUEEN HEMNES bed frame. So there is no creakings whatsoever.
You may also want to check the wood panels and all those iron rods which support the mattress are all in in placed and tightly screwed. Good luck!

Other Beds